Why is FL Studio so popular?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
User avatar
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
4788 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:52 pm

Waterland bought stakes in I.L. a couple of years ago , well known fact .
But , I just went through Waterlands portofolio and I.L. is nowhere to be seen , maybe they are sold off already , who knows ?
Or perhaps they don't have to list it in their portofolio if is isn't owned for the full 100% .
https://waterland.be/nl/portfolio
Image lIne headquarters is just a 5 min ride from my place , by bike :)
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88880 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:01 pm

because lots of people use it. :shrug:

Erisian
KVRAF
4661 posts since 21 Mar, 2020 from Gothenburg, Sweden

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:02 pm

vurt wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:01 pm
because lots of people use it. :shrug:
Good answer. :tu:
Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

wuworld
KVRist

Topic Starter

193 posts since 7 Nov, 2009 from DC

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:40 pm

gentleclockdivider wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:52 pm
Waterland bought stakes in I.L. a couple of years ago , well known fact .
But , I just went through Waterlands portofolio and I.L. is nowhere to be seen , maybe they are sold off already , who knows ?
Or perhaps they don't have to list it in their portofolio if is isn't owned for the full 100% .
https://waterland.be/nl/portfolio
Image lIne headquarters is just a 5 min ride from my place , by bike :)
Never seen this guy before. He is the ceo-https://de.linkedin.com/in/aish-agarwal-5bb0151a
Worked at Magix.

MrJubbly
KVRist
67 posts since 30 May, 2019

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:55 pm

wuworld wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:40 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:52 pm
Waterland bought stakes in I.L. a couple of years ago , well known fact .
But , I just went through Waterlands portofolio and I.L. is nowhere to be seen , maybe they are sold off already , who knows ?
Or perhaps they don't have to list it in their portofolio if is isn't owned for the full 100% .
https://waterland.be/nl/portfolio
Image lIne headquarters is just a 5 min ride from my place , by bike :)
Never seen this guy before. He is the ceo-https://de.linkedin.com/in/aish-agarwal-5bb0151a
Worked at Magix.
At first, I thought you meant "Emagic" they who acquired 'Logic' and then sold their souls to the Devil Apple, so got worried for a second. :dog:

sQeetz
KVRian
704 posts since 8 Jan, 2005

Post Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:07 pm

[edit]not up for debate tonight
Last edited by sQeetz on Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MacBook Pro M1 . 16GB . 1TB . . Logic Pro……Renoise……Reason

sQeetz
KVRian
704 posts since 8 Jan, 2005

Post Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:30 pm

[edit]accidentally quoted myself again instead of editing post. Something should be done about that :hihi:
MacBook Pro M1 . 16GB . 1TB . . Logic Pro……Renoise……Reason

SouledOut
KVRist
60 posts since 9 Oct, 2004

Post Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:18 am

Because of Soundgoodizer.
Just a modest 80's admirer.
My SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-675457440

Caine123
KVRAF
6796 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:12 am

I demoed recently ableton some hours and wow what a beast! I really love the fast workflow with samples and automations. This outshines fl studio a lot, the event editor in fl studio sucks. So i need more time with ableton cause i cannot say rhis or that finally. But the overall look is just ugly and you are making music yeah i know but something nicer to the eyes would be fine... also the chain of effects link is really great in ableton.
But for a piano roll user i just dont cot inspired by ableton.... i dunno why nothing comes close to fl studio in there.

I will test ableton more, it has such great automations, modulations and sample/sampling functioms which i miss in fl studio but yeah sadly the piano roll and its workflow didnt click.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

sQeetz
KVRian
704 posts since 8 Jan, 2005

Post Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:25 am

Caine123 wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:12 am
I demoed recently ableton some hours and wow what a beast! I really love the fast workflow with samples and automations.
I might be repeating myself, but if it wasn't for Ableton's poor plugin management (or complete lack of it) I would drop everything else.
MacBook Pro M1 . 16GB . 1TB . . Logic Pro……Renoise……Reason

User avatar
loungepanda
KVRist
457 posts since 27 Apr, 2013 from Denmark

Post Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:34 am


sQeetz
KVRian
704 posts since 8 Jan, 2005

Post Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:08 am

loungepanda wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:34 am
20.9 RC1 is out

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=269169
woohoo more bugs and shit for users to test out. I'm in

I hate IL so much right now, they could be beta testing 100% clean energy I would still protest it
MacBook Pro M1 . 16GB . 1TB . . Logic Pro……Renoise……Reason

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
20925 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:11 am

vurt wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:01 pm
because lots of people use it. :shrug:
not nearly as many as those who own it... since you own it for life whether you want to or not.

Trancit
KVRAF
3283 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:56 am

pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:11 am
vurt wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:01 pm
because lots of people use it. :shrug:
not nearly as many as those who own it... since you own it for life whether you want to or not.
But even this rest makes perhaps still the biggest user base of any DAW out there...
Follow me on YouTube: FL Studio Tricks
Become a patron: M.o.R FL Studio Tricks

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
20925 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:02 am

Trancit wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:56 am
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:11 am
vurt wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:01 pm
because lots of people use it. :shrug:
not nearly as many as those who own it... since you own it for life whether you want to or not.
But even this rest makes perhaps still the biggest user base of any DAW out there...
Then include all the people who have owned/used Live at one time. Live would be bigger.

In actual use, Ableton Live is much bigger...

Return to β€œHosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”