Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Gadget Fiend
Banned
434 posts since 5 Feb, 2012

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:23 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:33 am
I don't understand why people are still hanging around here to shit post. We get it, you don't like it. Move on.
And no I don't have to read it. I have you all on foe, but every time you post it bumps the thread so I think it's something worth reading when it's just the same gripes a million times.
Hey indiscriminate fanboy,

Some of us spent hours and hours trying to get this Roland Cloud Manager bullshit to work. I make $125 per hour. I want that money back.
Last edited by Gadget Fiend on Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
9347 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:56 am

So write to Roland, sue them, whatever.

fmr
KVRAF
10670 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:23 am

I answered their survey, and gave them the worst classification. They e-mailed me asking why. Here is what I answered them:

"Effectively, I am more than disappointed with the path followed by Roland in the last two years. You basically gave up of the Legendary emulations (which were what brought me and I’m sure many others into Roland Cloud) and concentrated in Zen core and Zenology. The way things are going, it doesn’t justify me continuing to pay for a subscription that offers me nothing. I am an early adopter, and I already have ten lifetime licenses. Those cover everything I may want from Roland Cloud given the current state, and it seems I will not see anything worth mentioning in the future.

Even the recently launched JD-800 emulation is nothing more than a reskinned module launched previously for Zenology. That’s pretty lame from you. That, coupled with a lousy Roland Cloud Manager, which, after all therse years, keeps giving troubles and problems to the users, is what makes me dissatisfied. On top of this, your licensing method, which forces users to periodically sign in to check authorizations (contrary to what happens with other companies that use similar methods - e.g. Native Instruments and Arturia) And that’s why I couldn’t advise ANYONE to subscribe to Roland Cloud – quite the opposite.

Hope this contributes to enlighten you about what Roland is doing wrong. Regards
"
Fernando (FMR)

fix3r
KVRer
17 posts since 4 Mar, 2013

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:35 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:33 am
I don't understand why people are still hanging around here to shit post. We get it, you don't like it. Move on.
And no I don't have to read it. I have you all on foe, but every time you post it bumps the thread so I think it's something worth reading when it's just the same gripes a million times.
I’ve not posted here much, but the frustration is real. I keep Roland Cloud because I like it, and the synths are indispensable. They sound bloody awesome! I couldn’t do most of the stuff I do without the Cloud. Piling pressure on Roland to get a grip on this is not a bad thing, and more should be done. RCM is a dreadful piece of software wrapped around some of the best sounds available anywhere, they should hire a proper team to do this job

Brian.McClelland
KVRist
94 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:02 pm

Hey, friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Today, we have an excellent expansion for the JD-800 from the mind of a true synth wizard.

From December 7th to December 21st, Test Drive the JD-800 Software Synthesizer and our Don Solaris Signature patch collection for free with a Roland Account! Simply log into Roland Cloud Manager and install the JD-800 plugin and "Don Solaris Signature Collection" from your library.*

Take a vintage digital icon to the limit with the JD-800 Don Solaris Signature Collection, a patch-crafting masterclass for Roland’s software recreation of the legendary JD-800. Bona fide synth wizard Don Solaris explores the depths of the JD-800’s incredible sound design capabilities with this commanding collection. Create ambient dreamscapes with glacial pads or channel early techno with colorful stabs and leads. No matter the style or scope of your compositions, this stunning assortment of tones will leave you wanting more.

Check it out!

https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/new-do ... on-for-the

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
4765 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:00 pm

fmr wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:23 am
I answered their survey, and gave them the worst classification. They e-mailed me asking why. Here is what I answered them:

"Effectively, I am more than disappointed with the path followed by Roland in the last two years. You basically gave up of the Legendary emulations (which were what brought me and I’m sure many others into Roland Cloud) and concentrated in Zen core and Zenology. The way things are going, it doesn’t justify me continuing to pay for a subscription that offers me nothing. I am an early adopter, and I already have ten lifetime licenses. Those cover everything I may want from Roland Cloud given the current state, and it seems I will not see anything worth mentioning in the future.

Even the recently launched JD-800 emulation is nothing more than a reskinned module launched previously for Zenology. That’s pretty lame from you. That, coupled with a lousy Roland Cloud Manager, which, after all therse years, keeps giving troubles and problems to the users, is what makes me dissatisfied. On top of this, your licensing method, which forces users to periodically sign in to check authorizations (contrary to what happens with other companies that use similar methods - e.g. Native Instruments and Arturia) And that’s why I couldn’t advise ANYONE to subscribe to Roland Cloud – quite the opposite.

Hope this contributes to enlighten you about what Roland is doing wrong. Regards
"
I think it would have made more impact if you made it rhyme .
Now it will just be ignored .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

fmr
KVRAF

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:38 am

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:00 pm
Yeah... As you can see, I don't beat just OPS7. I have other targets as well. Everything that seems half baked and badly worked will be a target for me. :x
Fernando (FMR)

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
4765 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:50 am

fmr wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:38 am
gentleclockdivider wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:00 pm
Yeah... As you can see, I don't beat just OPS7. I have other targets as well. Everything that seems half baked and badly worked will be a target for me. :x
What does ops7 has to do with this at all ?
I totally agree with you about the Roland cloud , zencore direction stuff .
Just like in the real world , people agree and sometimes they don't agree . :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Chrisk-K
KVRist
293 posts since 4 Jun, 2020 from USA

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:08 pm

So, I installed the Don Solaris preset bank for the JD-800 on my M1 Mac. Every DS preset's volume is noticeably lower than the original + 64 preset volume. Plus, the bank name shown on the GUI contains garbage characters. Do other people have the same issue?

Examigan
KVRAF
6310 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:22 pm

Chrisk-K wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:08 pm
So, I installed the Don Solaris preset bank for the JD-800 on my M1 Mac. Every DS preset's volume is noticeably lower than the original + 64 preset volume. Plus, the bank name shown on the GUI contains garbage characters. Do other people have the same issue?
If it's a free bank I can check it out.
Is there a link to it somewhere?

EDIT:
Nevermind I found it and will check it out soon.

Examigan
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:34 pm

Yep, the levels are lower here also (PC - Win10 here).

The display has that same issue here also. I think it might be because the name of the bank has a lot of characters in it and for whatever reason they're getting garbled. I guess it's over the character limit of the plugin for that part of the display. The regular banks without the long titles have no problems.

display.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chrisk-K
KVRist
293 posts since 4 Jun, 2020 from USA

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:58 pm

Thanks for checking. Did Roland guys even test the DS collection before releasing it?

fmr
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:09 pm

Chrisk-K wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:58 pm
Thanks for checking. Did Roland guys even test the DS collection before releasing it?
:lol:

I think nowadays the Roland crew only has marketing guys. Just like it happened no long ago, when they repackaged the same engine every years, with slightly new ROMs, and called it a "new synth".
Fernando (FMR)

gunark
KVRist
194 posts since 1 Sep, 2003 from Studio Telex

Post Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:34 pm

So I've been quite happy to work with the instruments since the service came out and have quite a lot of lifetime keys. However this ongoing issue of it not connecting to the authorisation server so requiring a reboot is just so so poor. Got a great session going, throw a RC synth in and bang - it can't connect to the authorising server. Not only that, it keep throwing up dialog boxes that eventually locks up my session. I used the same synth maybe a few days ago, same crap, same reboot.

Seriously, screw this, I get you have piracy issues and this is the solution but it's a solution from 2002 and only serves to piss off those using them legitimately. I'm tempted to use cracked ones just to save on the f**king headache of this happening and breaking the flow.

Great synths, shitty ancient protection. Frankly at this point if I could sell my RC account - and it would be worth very good money to me in a financially tight time - I would be on the sales thread in a heartbeat. But no, you can't even do that either.

Edit - and now they've stopped outputting in Live 11.1b - they do show visual output on their output meters but no sound. It is a beta so I guess I can't complain but they were fine until the copy protection freakout and now they are not. Hooray.

Examigan
KVRAF

Post Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:18 pm

I never have any big issues with Roland Cloud. I wonder if some people here have certain firewall settings that might be interfering with it (?). The only small issue I usually have (but it's rare these days) is if RCM says something needs an update, but then it's actually already updated.

Return to “Instruments”