NI Battery 4.2 update is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Battery

After 4 years mostly bug fixes and compatibility but at least it is alive :)

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 13.45.14.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

High DPI support... uhh, well, maybe next time?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Not an user, but 3rd party import format remove sounds bad.

rafa1981 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:02 pm Not an user, but 3rd party import format remove sounds bad.
But there are so many NI packs, why don't you just go and buy them? Buying things from NI will solve all your problems :help: :help: :help:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

4+ years since an update, thanks Native Instruments. You guys truly are truly the leaders in the VST universe. Great job! :hihi:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Its not a record, there are tools much older than that and still active… I would call a winner if it has no bugs and never needs an update as it will pass all OS changes…

I've moved on from NI. I'm only installing Apple Silicon native plugins on my new M1-Pro. Who knows when NI will have any native plugins. More than a year after M1 Macs started shipping and NI releases an update with the first feature being it supports Rosetta? Not an inspiring timetable.

Consider the sheer amount of products that have to be updated. It is far from a simple and quick job.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:57 pm Consider the sheer amount of products that have to be updated. It is far from a simple and quick job.
Surely only the core products (half a dozen) really need to be updated? Most of the rest of the stuff runs in those core programs.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:57 pm Consider the sheer amount of products that have to be updated. It is far from a simple and quick job.
That's true, but it also doesn't seem like NI hasn't done the best job over the years of making incremental updates to their plugins and frameworks to help make the transition easier. It's not like they were forced to start updating frameworks last year when M1 chips became available and no one else could have possibly foreseen resizable GUI's being a thing. It seems like decisions were made by NI leadership over the years that contributed to the tech-debt being particularly high right now.

And removing third-party import? Just feels like another bad decision from on high.

Kontakt, Reaktor, Maschine as core technologies for all products and a couple of FX? Not even one product has transitioned 1 1/2 years after the announcement. If they had carefully paid attention they'd have known it even longer (at least since Catalyst).

Arturia has just announced that V-Collection is native, Waves has ported 100s of plugins, some of which are 20 years old and even indies like Chris from Airwindows has done the same for his huge catalog of plugins.

NI has completely failed to clean up and maintain their ancient code and ignored changes in technology for many years and they are now paying the price. One can only hope that UVI Workstation or ideally am open source alternative to Kontakt can carry the torch and rid the world of this messy code and UI.

Ahh, Win10 minimum, *cancels update*
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Maybe this is why the 'sudden' update....Subscription!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=574452&p=8288198#p8288198
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:06 pm
Surely only the core products (half a dozen) really need to be updated? Most of the rest of the stuff runs in those core programs.
Not quite, no. All the FX plugins are standalone things and need to be approached one by one.
SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:32 pm Maybe this is why the 'sudden' update....Subscription!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=574452&p=8288198#p8288198
Completely unrelated!

Can I use the sounds that are in Battery 3 within v4, or are they already in v4?

Return to “Instruments”