A little game: How fast is your startup?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mid2012 MacBook Pro 2.6 i7, 1TB Samsung evo ssd...

13 seconds.

Sounds good to me :shrug:

Bottom line: SSD is the FASTEST thing in the food chain. Buy into it.

necro bunp as i just found this thread:
my old Win 7 Laptop from 2010 still boots up within 20s from hitting the power button until the GUI is ready. Has never really been optimized

my new M1 Pro boots up in 16s from opening the lid to the password screen
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Importing this into Event Viewer
Ryzen 5600X + boot drive Corsair MP510 + Windows 11 tweaked and with Fast Startup disabled

16 secs. M1 Mini.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

12 seconds.
Windows 10 and Reaper.
That includes password login too.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

19 seconds
Intel i7 Quad Core
Windows 8.1 Laptop
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Depends how fast I can type my password, but assuming zero time for that, 10-11 seconds (Windows 10, Ryzen 5 2600, Cakewalk).

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

10-11s Win7 2013 installed from 1TB WD Blue3D SATA SSD - that was the last time I booted, months ago.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

around 20s. OS Big Sur, 16,1 MBP, Cubase. if the goalpost changed to how long for the system to boot, 15 or 16 s.
current VE Pro project over a minute to load

I remember when that was a long, long wait. before SSD

Lol. When we got our M1 Minis this year, I went in to see if my old 2011 MiniServer was still functional. Took about two minutes to boot, and immediately the fan went on. Works. Dunno if anyone will give me anything for it. It was glacial.
The boot time on my M1 isn't as fast as I thought it would be. My 2015 iMac with Fusion drive did it in about 18 secs, before it got bloated up. I was surprised a few months ago when, after wiping it, it resumed working as fast as if it were almost new. Been meaning to sell it since the summer, but it's still sitting there. Not exactly the time to invite people over for coffee and test it out.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

two minutes/glacial

don't make me go all Four Yorkshiremen on you

:lol:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

this thing was abysmal a little while back, minutes to even restart. But it was trying to resolve an external drive with a shite cable, it turns out. I thought the computer was dying, hadn't been a year. the cable made the computer think it should kill itself. but I had it tested, none of the thunderbolt ports were bad, just confused for a while.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”