Fundorin's virtual audio gear collection

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I've been registered here for almost ten years, but barely contributed to the community. Today I realized that I have something to share with you, guys, which you might find interesting.

My favorite manufacturer has always been Roland, although I never had any of their gear, except for Micro Cube. This one was purchased at the times when I was playing a chromatic harmonica and I sold it a couple years later.

As well as many of you, hardware synthesizers have always attracted me. I must admit that I can't afford myself any actual devices, especially from the 80s. So, I've been recreating audio gear in 3D, lately. Like, 3D models with knobs, faders, buttons and LCDs. I did quite a bunch already and not planning to stop.

So, here's one of my works, a recreation of the Roland Sound Canvas SC-88 Pro.
Preview.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
Please, tell me, if it worth posting here in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nicely done!

Probably good reference for someone looking for one of them, or just wanting to learn about how they looked, what features, etc. Plus, if you enjoy doing them, why not? There is always room for something like this for people who love gear.

Looks good
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

aye nice work
im sure scott might be interested?

and possibly others, there's a few "visuals" type people here, so yeah, share away!

some of the gui peoples might find it interesting too :tu:

Thanks for the warm reviews, folks.
It's the 80s aesthetics I'm after. Synths, mixers, rack effects, pedals, audio cassette players, maybe reel tape recorders. Everything that's visually pleasing.

Roland Juno-106 was the first thing that I modeled. It lacks a few graphic details in the front, so I only made one shot from the back (yeah, sneaky). Will probably fix it someday, cause my current knowledge of vector graphics allows this.
fundorin-untitled202.jpg
P.S. Is it a shame not to know who Scott is?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

not really, he's just someone who enjoys graphics stuff :)
intrancer is his forum name.

This one I made while flipping through Roland Keyboard magazine issues. There was an ad in the back that interested me in terms of how it was shot. Some black blinds and a single source of light. I started from there, but then decided to add an extra modern look, using Roland's own brand colors and a custom retrowave palette. Here's my Jupiter-8.

Original advert:
0.jpg

My two versions:
1.jpg
2.jpg

Some angles:
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Orthographic views:
10.jpg

"We Design the Future"
love stuff like that. :tu:

"Also a bit of the past with our Roland Cloud software and the boutique collection"

Here's my Roland MicroComposer MC-202.
1.jpg
untitled124.jpg
4.jpg
untitled117.jpg

The first non-Roland model in my collection. A recent addition.

Year 1984. Four tracks. DBX noise reduction. Timeless design.

Really enjoyed working on this project.
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Fresh update. Roland Alpha Juno 2.
Knock-knock. Who's there? The Hoover!
Welcome to the Thunderdome. From Madonna to Prodigy, musicians of numerous genres have used Juno's recognizable timbre in their recordings. Nothing can beat the authentic hoover sound.
The most affordable from the Juno series, Alpha is the secret super weapon and an instant rave classic.

P.S. This one was suggested by Brian from Roland Cloud.
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
15.jpg
14.jpg
21.jpg

These are really good!

dusted william wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:22 pm These are really good!
Thanks, mate!

Only synth I ever owned was an Alpha Juno 1, that I bought 2nd hand after playing with my friend's Juno 2. Cool synth.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”