Arturia V Collection 9. Predictions?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Scotty
KVRAF
2398 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:26 am

chamun wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:04 am
Would like to see some vintage drum machines in the collection like the linn drum, sp 1200 and oberheim dmx
For vintages synths would be great to see no commun emulations : Octave the cat, OSCar, micromoog !
Their Spark 2 software has been crying out for an update. I still use it and like it plenty. It could stand a gui refresh with high definition monitor support and a better preset browser but it is very useable even in its current state.

chamun
KVRer
3 posts since 8 Dec, 2021

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:53 am

Yep you're right, spark 3 could be an nice answer to battery 4, stylus rmx or creative drum machine like drum computer or microtonic, all in one plugin (vintage, modern drum machines and crasy drum synth, with differents sequencers styles)

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
9470 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:23 am

Coffeer4n wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:41 am
i cant compare theyr Emulations to a real Jupiter or OB-Xa, never owned one, the only Analog Synth i own is a Korg Minilogue XD, but after testing theyr new released Synths i have to say i like them alot, and the sad thing about it is, i'm afraid i will not touch my Minilogue anymore...i hated every soft Synth i tried since now, and i tried them almost all incl. Arturias older Emulations, they are all terrible (except the Roland Soft Synths), but after testing OB-Xa, Juno, Jupiter a view days i have to say theyr is kind of life in theyr Sound that i never heard in a digital Synth before. I would like to see an Arp Odyssey Emulation from them, because i havent found a Software Version of it that comes close soundwise to the real thing.
That's funny because I think that both the GForce Oddity 2 and Korg Odyssey ar both far superior analog emulations than any of the Arturia analog emus. I like their digital synths and other instruments though. I have V6 but even with the deal can't be bothered with the newer stuff, there is still that smeary sound that the older ones have as well.

I would be interested in a Spark 3 though. V2 is a great little drum machine. And strangely I prefer the sound of the synth engine in that to most of their other analog synths.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4550 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:45 am

Expecting some announcement from Arturia tomorrow: Pigments 4, Spark 3, V Collection 9, new synth for future VC9 or the next "3 effects you'll actually use" are on the cards.

Getting this feeling based on last couple of years, but it could just be nothing.

Examigan
KVRAF
6350 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:54 am

Collection 8 was announced this time last year, but Collection 7 was announced in April 2019.

Bulbizarre
KVRist
219 posts since 31 Aug, 2020

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:18 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:23 am
Coffeer4n wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:41 am
i cant compare theyr Emulations to a real Jupiter or OB-Xa, never owned one, the only Analog Synth i own is a Korg Minilogue XD, but after testing theyr new released Synths i have to say i like them alot, and the sad thing about it is, i'm afraid i will not touch my Minilogue anymore...i hated every soft Synth i tried since now, and i tried them almost all incl. Arturias older Emulations, they are all terrible (except the Roland Soft Synths), but after testing OB-Xa, Juno, Jupiter a view days i have to say theyr is kind of life in theyr Sound that i never heard in a digital Synth before. I would like to see an Arp Odyssey Emulation from them, because i havent found a Software Version of it that comes close soundwise to the real thing.
That's funny because I think that both the GForce Oddity 2 and Korg Odyssey ar both far superior analog emulations than any of the Arturia analog emus. I like their digital synths and other instruments though. I have V6 but even with the deal can't be bothered with the newer stuff, there is still that smeary sound that the older ones have as well.

I would be interested in a Spark 3 though. V2 is a great little drum machine. And strangely I prefer the sound of the synth engine in that to most of their other analog synths.
I found there has been a step up in the emulation quality since V7. Some of the oldest synths are really bad. Like the Prophet VS and ARP sound reeeally cheap to me. But listening to the OBX, Juno, SQ80 or the Jupiter update, you can definitely hear they changed something in the receipe. Not just aliasing but the overall sound is convincing and up to today's standard.

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4550 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:49 am

Examigan wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:54 am
Collection 8 was announced this time last year, but Collection 7 was announced in April 2019.
Yeah, it's a one and a half year cycle for V Collection. But just sensing some kind of announcement tomorrow, let's see.

chamun
KVRer
3 posts since 8 Dec, 2021

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:59 am

oh yeah the superfreak !

Examigan
KVRAF
6350 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:01 am

Rick James song? :)

felis
KVRian
867 posts since 25 Jul, 2009

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:05 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:45 am
Expecting some announcement from Arturia tomorrow: Pigments 4, Spark 3, V Collection 9, new synth for future VC9 or the next "3 effects you'll actually use" are on the cards.

Getting this feeling based on last couple of years, but it could just be nothing.
The black friday sale still has almost 17 hours to go.
I think they'd probably let things cool down a bit after that before announcing anything new.
https://www.arturia.com/black-friday-21

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4550 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:07 am

felis wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:05 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:45 am
Expecting some announcement from Arturia tomorrow: Pigments 4, Spark 3, V Collection 9, new synth for future VC9 or the next "3 effects you'll actually use" are on the cards.

Getting this feeling based on last couple of years, but it could just be nothing.
The black friday sale still has almost 17 hours to go.
I think they'd probably let things cool down a bit after that before announcing anything new.
https://www.arturia.com/black-friday-21
Oh yes, it ends tomorrow (time zone difference). So, next week then, hopefully.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
9470 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:11 am

Bulbizarre wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:18 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:23 am
Coffeer4n wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:41 am
i cant compare theyr Emulations to a real Jupiter or OB-Xa, never owned one, the only Analog Synth i own is a Korg Minilogue XD, but after testing theyr new released Synths i have to say i like them alot, and the sad thing about it is, i'm afraid i will not touch my Minilogue anymore...i hated every soft Synth i tried since now, and i tried them almost all incl. Arturias older Emulations, they are all terrible (except the Roland Soft Synths), but after testing OB-Xa, Juno, Jupiter a view days i have to say theyr is kind of life in theyr Sound that i never heard in a digital Synth before. I would like to see an Arp Odyssey Emulation from them, because i havent found a Software Version of it that comes close soundwise to the real thing.
That's funny because I think that both the GForce Oddity 2 and Korg Odyssey ar both far superior analog emulations than any of the Arturia analog emus. I like their digital synths and other instruments though. I have V6 but even with the deal can't be bothered with the newer stuff, there is still that smeary sound that the older ones have as well.

I would be interested in a Spark 3 though. V2 is a great little drum machine. And strangely I prefer the sound of the synth engine in that to most of their other analog synths.
I found there has been a step up in the emulation quality since V7. Some of the oldest synths are really bad. Like the Prophet VS and ARP sound reeeally cheap to me. But listening to the OBX, Juno, SQ80 or the Jupiter update, you can definitely hear they changed something in the receipe. Not just aliasing but the overall sound is convincing and up to today's standard.
I know people say that, and I agree to an extent. The Jupiter was improved. But I'm not a fan of the Juno and OB-X. WHen these are compared against direct competitors like the Tal Juno 60 or Softube Juno 106, or Obsession, the Arturia ones are lacking and still have an "Arturia sound" imo.

PAK
KVRian
1138 posts since 20 Feb, 2003

Post Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:56 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:11 am
I know people say that, and I agree to an extent. The Jupiter was improved. But I'm not a fan of the Juno and OB-X. WHen these are compared against direct competitors like the Tal Juno 60 or Softube Juno 106, or Obsession, the Arturia ones are lacking and still have an "Arturia sound" imo.
Don't agree when it comes to OB-XA V. It's very good, and I think beats the competition in some respects.. (Though it's not an OB-X emulation). RE Juno, even though I prefer TAL Uno, as an instrument, the most accurate Juno 60 is the Roland Cloud one. It's a toss up between Roland and Softube for the 106 (think I'd give it to Softube). Helps greatly both of them (close enough to) nailed the Juno chorus. Better than the Behringer / TC hardware clone ;)

I think SQ-80V is Arturia's best effort to date, and their V4 stuff holds up very well IMO. Plus Roland have kinda taken themselves out of the competition if they stick to their Zenology path. I reckon we'll see another one or two V4 updates for VC9 - The CS-80V likely being the most popular choice for some V4 update love. Would also like to see a V4 Matrix as said OB-X kinda caused me to (unfairly, with hindsight) ignore all the later Oberheim stuff.

Would also like to see Arturtia do, if not Spark 3, some sort of equivalent updated drum product.

Albert.VST
KVRist
265 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:00 pm

gearwatcher wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:45 am
I'm guessing you never even did light squats with your ears let alone serious deadlifts or weighted pullups.
You’ve never seen my headphones :phones: :D :D :D

Return to “Instruments”