Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Cinematic 4 and Dystopia 2 please :)

Hi all,

am I the only one where the settings like FPS Mode and Skin are not saved? Every time I reload the Avenger, I have the default skin and FPS Mode on ECO, even though I want to have e.g. High.

1.8.1 - Win 10 - 64 Bit

Thx

FR: MIDI Polyphony modulation source does not currently take sustain pedal into account. Would it be possible to get a variant of this in the list that does? It would be super useful to have both options available.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Dear Vengeance, can You please expand the arpeggiator module with smth like that found in Reason - random bass sequence generator, co-working with chord detection? I know the arp has a lot of presets, but they are just that, presets, not original stuff. https://youtu.be/WBTDtgjx0Pg
Just a modest 80's admirer.
My SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-675457440

Based on the demo’s on youtube, I find VPS ANENGER not sounding very good. Nexus sounds much better based on the youtube demo’s.

However since I cannot find a demo of Nexus without buying it. So what is your real world experience between Nexus and Avenger in terms of which sounds best.

Also with the demo’s of Avenger, I get the impression I can get the exact same results with the VST’s (and make it sound the same like in the demo’s), while with the Nexus demo, I’m not sure if I am able to get a 100% replica (maybe Nexus is more based on hardware synths?).

Maybe to give a bit of background, I mainly produce EDM and techno. And sometimes I have a certain sound in my head (which I can create if I spend some time on it). But sometimes I just don’t want to do it and focus on writing / composing the track and simply use preset that comes close enough to what I have in mind (and then maybe replace it later with my own sound).

I was thinking of buying Nexus 4 or VPS Avenger with EDM and Techno expansions to fullfil this role. Based on the youtube demo’s, Nexus does sound better so I was thinking of maybe going for Nexus. But I can’t make a real comparison because there is no demo version of Nexus available, so that is why I need the input of you guys.

The 1.8.1 is a great update. However, When using Avenger in for Example studio one 5.4 (Rosetta and Native version) the plugin created a lot of CPU spikes on the M1 Macbook Pro 14 inch (2021)
Tested a project with Console1, Repro, Pigments. No spikes, however when adding 1 instance of Avenger it get's horrible with the CPU meter showing spikes. This happens with the AU and VST3 version in Rosetta mode and also when running studio one in M1 Native mode.
It also happens with not even playing a single note on the added Avenger instance.

For example running Avenger Native in Bitwig does not have any issues at all.

Logic Pro running Avenger native in a project also fine when in project playback. However, when monitoring/selecting an Avenger instance/track and playing the instrument with Midi, Avenger is creating crackles. This also results in other VST instruments to create crackles. Maybe something with the plugin latency in the plugin causing the DAW to freak out? (I tried setting Avenger latency to none and dynamic)

Bla28 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:18 am Maybe to give a bit of background, I mainly produce EDM and techno. And sometimes I have a certain sound in my head (which I can create if I spend some time on it). But sometimes I just don’t want to do it and focus on writing / composing the track and simply use preset that comes close enough to what I have in mind (and then maybe replace it later with my own sound).
I very rarely produce EDM and techno, but here is my two cents anyway (caveat, my N3 license was revoked, just in case you think this may introduce some bias on my part).

To me Avenger sounds better and it is indeed clearly more flexible (its a full fledged synth not a rompler (though if you are not planning to make your own patch that may not be of importance for you))

Nexus has two advantages to me though.... it is much much lighter on cpu and resources and there are just a ton more expansions for it vs. Avenger.

rsp
sound sculptist

djpremacy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:54 pm The 1.8.1 is a great update. However, When using Avenger in for Example studio one 5.4 (Rosetta and Native version) the plugin created a lot of CPU spikes on the M1 Macbook Pro 14 inch (2021)
Tested a project with Console1, Repro, Pigments. No spikes, however when adding 1 instance of Avenger it get's horrible with the CPU meter showing spikes. This happens with the AU and VST3 version in Rosetta mode and also when running studio one in M1 Native mode.
It also happens with not even playing a single note on the added Avenger instance.

For example running Avenger Native in Bitwig does not have any issues at all.

Logic Pro running Avenger native in a project also fine when in project playback. However, when monitoring/selecting an Avenger instance/track and playing the instrument with Midi, Avenger is creating crackles. This also results in other VST instruments to create crackles. Maybe something with the plugin latency in the plugin causing the DAW to freak out? (I tried setting Avenger latency to none and dynamic)
Correction. Even running M1 Native Bitwig, Avenger is causing CPU spikes and is basically unusable in any DAW on the M1 Macbook Pro 14 inch (10-Core) at the moment. I am only using 24% total CPU. No other plugin I own does this on my system.
This is really frustrating as I really REALLY like Avenger and all the expansions.

What Audio Card and what sample buffer size may I ask?
rsp
sound sculptist

yes, buffer size should definately raised when encountering spikes

zvenx wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:03 pm
Bla28 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:18 am Maybe to give a bit of background, I mainly produce EDM and techno. And sometimes I have a certain sound in my head (which I can create if I spend some time on it). But sometimes I just don’t want to do it and focus on writing / composing the track and simply use preset that comes close enough to what I have in mind (and then maybe replace it later with my own sound).
I very rarely produce EDM and techno, but here is my two cents anyway (caveat, my N3 license was revoked, just in case you think this may introduce some bias on my part).

To me Avenger sounds better and it is indeed clearly more flexible (its a full fledged synth not a rompler (though if you are not planning to make your own patch that may not be of importance for you))

Nexus has two advantages to me though.... it is much much lighter on cpu and resources and there are just a ton more expansions for it vs. Avenger.

rsp
What? why was your license revoked???

invisiblesun wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:20 pm
DigiPRO wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:17 am
invisiblesun wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:15 pm
DigiPRO wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:15 am I have some weird VST3 version issues.

If using a pitch bender in a VPS Avenger VST3 preset, the next loaded preset loads out of tune, so I need to reset it by moving the pitch bender again.

That only happens with VPS Avenger VST3.

I had an email conversation with their support, but without any solution to my problem.

I want to ask if this is a common/documented bug, or am I alone with this bug?

Using the VSP Avenger 1.7 and Cubase Pro 10.5 with a lot of RAM on PC.

I have no probe using the VSP Avenger VST2, but from the computer resource standing point, the VST3 version should be much more CPU-friendly.

I hope someone can shed some light on this one.
Is it this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4YbSa6V4E4

If so, I have the same issue. Made a forum post about it a while ago and promised to report back after troubleshooting. Well it happens with any keyboard/ controller and it only happens with Avenger. So I am pretty sure it's an Avenger issue. Now that we are two that have this, maybe the devs will look into it.

Cheers MW
I can confirm that this has not been resolved yet after installing 1.8.1. version. Have you opened a ticket for this issue?
HI! Thanks for joining in on this. I have opened a support ticket about the issue today. So we'll see.
Just got response from Andre Keilwerth. This issue will be fixed in the next update :)

I thought I'd say thanks for sorting the copy protection. Re-installing Avenger and authorising was quick and easy - nice one! :tu:

zvenx wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:03 pm

rsp
Also the Nexus expansions are far more fairly priced than the ones for Avenger. 65 euros per pack is a blatant rip off. Even with 25% off, its still extortionate.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Instruments”