2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:lol:

:hail:

Constructed Identity wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:00 am This thing is is a bit untamed. I sequenced notes to it and recorded this :scared:
https://soundcloud.com/constructed-id/a ... 8c34429b49
oh yes :band: thats what i was looking for! raw unadulterated noises of new delight :D
can certainly see why its called swarm :hihi: some lovely filtering in there.
reckon that would sound lovely jamming with strega!!! :party:

shabdah is almost correct, it will go on the list, but not in a hurry, xmas + granddaughter = minimal funds for me :lol:

pekbro wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:44 pm I wouldn't mind having one of those swarms, however, much like the make noise desktop synths, I
can not buy every cool musical gadget that exists. Currently there is much I would rather buy
with the money before it. :shrug:
I still want need an Erica synths fusion box for it's real BBD and a drum machine that does more than just play samples. Maybe one that is patch-able because I now have an excess of short patch cables and no desire to get into eurorack.

Well now I suppose I'll have to do an amp sim shootout...
Plugin vs HW Digital Sim vs HW Solidstate Sim :lol:

*I didn't buy this for any other reason than I wanted it, nothing to do with the Iridium
or anything else. I will probably get the UK version at some point as well.

Quilter Labs SuperBlock US

This is what happens when you have 160 vacation hours to burn before the end of the year and your're forced to sit at home in front of the computer...

Thinking about getting an Ashbory bass. Probably a DeArmand, but maybe the new Bass Centre one that looks almost normal... the problem is I see zero videos or reviews of that one online. :?

I have a short-scale (30") fretless, but honestly I could go smaller -- even though I have big ape hands, my first serious instrument was a violin, it's not like I'm not used to a really small target for intonation (combined with the worst possible way to have to hold an instrument :lol:). And I kind of like the mandolin and tenor uke. So to me, even that 30" bass seems unnecessarily big and heavy.

For years, all I heard were mediocre or total-crap (imho) demos of what this could do, which was extremely disappointing.

Then, very very recently, heard otherwise. My main interest being what it can do with what I record into it. Synchronicity kicked in with a brand new unit at ever-so-slightly more than half the original price. 8)

... en route. :party:

Waldorf NW-1 Wavetable Module.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

foosnark wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:37 pm Thinking about getting an Ashbory bass. Probably a DeArmand, but maybe the new Bass Centre one that looks almost normal... the problem is I see zero videos or reviews of that one online. :?

I have a short-scale (30") fretless, but honestly I could go smaller -- even though I have big ape hands, my first serious instrument was a violin, it's not like I'm not used to a really small target for intonation (combined with the worst possible way to have to hold an instrument :lol:). And I kind of like the mandolin and tenor uke. So to me, even that 30" bass seems unnecessarily big and heavy.
:tu: I've played a DeArmond Ashbory bass. They sound really interesting. Somewhere between an acoustic bass and an electric with flat-wound strings. Much easier on the fingers than round-wound strings and the short scale is a lot of fun. Bass is the only instruments I can really "play" convincingly. It's also the most fun instrument to play IMO. :hihi:

Feels like Christmas!

I haven't plugged in the Jam Pedals yet, but I'm going to do that next (and then try not to stay up all night playing).

The Slate VSX headphones I'm finding to be impressive so far. Part of me wanted to hate them just as much as I was hoping to like them. There are very few rooms to choose from, which I think is a good thing. You also don't need to use the rooms and can use the plugin (not system-wide) to have a balanced response, not dissimilar from how Sonarworks applies a corrective EQ to various headphone models. I like this better though. I'm just going through reference material but again I like it so far.

Got the Friedman buffer bay, the buffer makes quite a difference, assuming you're not using active pickups I guess. Aside from the patchbay functionality that I haven't setup yet, definitely good for eliminating tone suck. :tu:

One thing I don't like about the Q-Swarm is that the bottom is supported by the two plastic ends and so it slides around my desk.
These anti-slip pads should work, the silicon pads weren't tall enough.
Also, here is my customized cutoff control:

I had to buy a bunch of anti-skid rubber bumpers for my pedals, problem is they don't really stick
well and move around mysteriously. Definitely I prefer the screw on feet, of course the pedals
are meant to be taped to a pedal board (which I am not fond of either). Either way, they are
destined to be sticky from all the adhesive I guess. :shrug:

I see most of the used guitar petals on craigslist have velcro on the bottom. I got the nonskid pads at Home Depot for my keyboard stand months ago and they work great keeping the Prologue from slipping.

The Prologue has got some weight to it I imagine, at least as compared to guitar pedals.
I am just going to have to make a custom pedal board out of wood, and then put it on my desk. :lol:

... Playing nicely, with the other kids. 8)

Manhattan Analog_Steiner-synthasystem-vcf.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”