SSL FlexVerb - "mix-ready sound in a quick and intuitive way"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

flori89 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:00 am
v1o wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:06 pm
flori89 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:09 pm I made two videos with a quick comparison, part II is with more acoustic instruments: https://youtu.be/3cuLdMWa6wI

I feel that’s where Flexverb really shines. Part one is electronic:
https://youtu.be/ked_FgStuZU
The LX480 takes it there.
Yea, gotta say the LX480 is mindblowingly good, especiall considering you can get the essentials for 25$. I still feel both have their place though. In my seconde example with the "Lo-Fi Beat" especially on the piano the SSL Flexverb has such a smooth, creamy sound. I really like it.
Have you compared it to HD Cart? I haven't demoed either the LX480 or the Flexverb yet.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:15 am
flori89 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:00 am
v1o wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:06 pm
flori89 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:09 pm I made two videos with a quick comparison, part II is with more acoustic instruments: https://youtu.be/3cuLdMWa6wI

I feel that’s where Flexverb really shines. Part one is electronic:
https://youtu.be/ked_FgStuZU
The LX480 takes it there.
Yea, gotta say the LX480 is mindblowingly good, especiall considering you can get the essentials for 25$. I still feel both have their place though. In my seconde example with the "Lo-Fi Beat" especially on the piano the SSL Flexverb has such a smooth, creamy sound. I really like it.
Have you compared it to HD Cart? I haven't demoed either the LX480 or the Flexverb yet.
No, I stayed away from the more expensive reverbs, I feared that would put too much pressure on my budget this year, especially after I got the V Collection 8 :D. But I heard that Reverb Foundry plugins are nothing but stellar.

After happening upon this thread I tried to buy Flex Verb while I still had over two hours of December 1st left in my time zone. All the SALE and 89% OFF GET IT FOR $29.99 banners were still everywhere, but when I added it to my cart it had the full $279 price and there were no promo codes I could find to change it.

I figure if they're clearly offering the sale through the end of December 1st Pacific Time they should sell the product at the sale price they're offering through the end of December 1st Pacific Time. I don't think this is unreasonable, but maybe I'm asking too much here?

Coincidentally, their ad copy that's replaced the Black Friday deal explanation now reads, and I quote: "PRPFFESIONAL AND TRULEY FLEXIBLE REVERB"

Guess they figured they had to really bust ass to get the Black Friday deal down so they wouldn't have to sell it to me at the sale price during the time period they themselves set, so they just scribbled something and didn't spell check it. I was on their site at 10:40 PM Pacific Time when I gave up and wrote to tech support and it still had the Black Friday deal up.

I shot off an e-mail to their tech support explaining the situation and stating that I still wanted to buy a license for Flex Verb at the $29.99 price. Now I wait and see how good their tech support is, if they're fast, and if they'll grant this simple request to honor their own parameters of their own sale, or if they'll lie and give me some bullshit run around about how they can't do it for this bullshit reason or this other bullshit reason.

I'll report back when I hear from them. :tu:

Tech support asked if I had the same problem with a different browser. I pointed out that the sale period had passed so I couldn't replicate the problem, but I tried with IE anyway. I just wanted to buy a license at the sale price since I had tried to do just that during the sale but couldn't.

Tech support replied with this:
"Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

The Plugin sale is over and can not be extended.

I am going to close the case. Feel free to reach out to us if there is anything further that we can assist with.

Best regards"

Mind Riot wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:52 am Tech support asked if I had the same problem with a different browser. I pointed out that the sale period had passed so I couldn't replicate the problem, but I tried with IE anyway. I just wanted to buy a license at the sale price since I had tried to do just that during the sale but couldn't.

Tech support replied with this:
"Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

The Plugin sale is over and can not be extended.

I am going to close the case. Feel free to reach out to us if there is anything further that we can assist with.

Best regards"
Pretty sure it will be back, you can grab R4 & Nimbus for 9.99 each in the meantime, if you want.

flori89 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:42 am Pretty sure it will be back, you can grab R4 & Nimbus for 9.99 each in the meantime, if you want.
What, you mean next year? Or does SSL do more frequent sales?

I don't recall running into much of their stuff on plug selling sites, do they mainly just sell their stuff direct from their own site?

This was disappointing, Flex Verb looked like a very cool plug, with some innovative thinking going on.

I have R4 and...I think...Phoenix Verb? Is that one of Exponential Audio's too?

I just cannot get my head around those verbs. So many options, tiny lettering, I just find them really unpleasant to use. I'd sell them but Izotope just throws them around like free candy so the resale on them is lower than dirt. [God, do I sound like a grumpy old man!]

I've got a couple verbs I like using more, but you can never have too many flavors of reverb. I just recently picked up IK's Sunset Studio reverb or whatever they called it as a freebie for the group buy, but I haven't had time to mess with it yet. I've heard good things.

Mind Riot wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:45 am
flori89 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:42 am Pretty sure it will be back, you can grab R4 & Nimbus for 9.99 each in the meantime, if you want.
What, you mean next year? Or does SSL do more frequent sales?

I don't recall running into much of their stuff on plug selling sites, do they mainly just sell their stuff direct from their own site?

This was disappointing, Flex Verb looked like a very cool plug, with some innovative thinking going on.

I have R4 and...I think...Phoenix Verb? Is that one of Exponential Audio's too?

I just cannot get my head around those verbs. So many options, tiny lettering, I just find them really unpleasant to use. I'd sell them but Izotope just throws them around like free candy so the resale on them is lower than dirt. [God, do I sound like a grumpy old man!]

I've got a couple verbs I like using more, but you can never have too many flavors of reverb. I just recently picked up IK's Sunset Studio reverb or whatever they called it as a freebie for the group buy, but I haven't had time to mess with it yet. I've heard good things.
From what I have seen FlexVerb was also 29.99 6 months ago, so you might have to wait 6 months that is true. It's a good reverb, so I understand why you are bummed. As for R4: I agree, the SSL interface is a lot better, but they have excellent presets and a good way of browsing through them.

flori89 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:03 amFrom what I have seen FlexVerb was also 29.99 6 months ago, so you might have to wait 6 months that is true. It's a good reverb, so I understand why you are bummed. As for R4: I agree, the SSL interface is a lot better, but they have excellent presets and a good way of browsing through them.
Tech support wrote me back to inform me that the time for the sales was set using GMT, not PST, so the sale was already over when I tried to place my order.

It would have been helpful if they had simply said that when I first contacted them rather than go back and forth and having me test different browsers. It gave me the impression that we were working together and that I'd ultimately be given a license since browser issues are beyond my control.

Anyway, it's their sale and if it ended eight hours before at midnight GST then I can't expect them to extend it just for little old me. I told them that hopefully I'd catch their next sale with time to spare and thanked them for their help.

Bought this in the sale and I really like it on drums. It does take a bit (ok a lot) of tweaking to get something good out of it, but when you do it sounds pretty great. Comparing to Pro-R, Cinematic Rooms, Ircam and many others - it's in that 'pristine clean' digital verb realm. Can be a little metallic on the late tail, so you need to go heavy on the filters. The modulation is so subtle as to almost not be there - guess it's not made for that - pretty useless anyway. The EQ works a treat but best of all the early reflections are quite decent for spatial realism.

Another "there's absolutely no way I'd pay full price for that just because it's SLL - but for the sale price it's great" plugin from SSL :hihi:

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:12 am Bought this in the sale and I really like it on drums. It does take a bit (ok a lot) of tweaking to get something good out of it, but when you do it sounds pretty great. Comparing to Pro-R, Cinematic Rooms, Ircam and many others - it's in that 'pristine clean' digital verb realm. Can be a little metallic on the late tail, so you need to go heavy on the filters. The modulation is so subtle as to almost not be there - guess it's not made for that - pretty useless anyway. The EQ works a treat but best of all the early reflections are quite decent for spatial realism.

Another "there's absolutely no way I'd pay full price for that just because it's SLL - but for the sale price it's great" plugin from SSL :hihi:
I found it can be rather nice for long synth tails or something like that also. As you said, great plugin for that price.

Well, the sale is back. It's 29,99 on Plugin Boutique for a whole month (ends on March 07).

itanever wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:25 pm Well, the sale is back. It's 29,99 on Plugin Boutique for a whole month (ends on March 07).
i wish they'd put the SSL delay on sale already.

dayjob wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:38 pm
itanever wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:25 pm Well, the sale is back. It's 29,99 on Plugin Boutique for a whole month (ends on March 07).
i wish they'd put the SSL delay on sale already.
Same here, that’s the one I’ve been waiting for :pray:

Not that I need another delay plugin
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:46 pm Not that I need another delay plugin
I think you have a typo here. I should read: :D
Now that I need another delay plugin

plexuss wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:28 pm
cryophonik wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:46 pm Not that I need another delay plugin
I think you have a typo here. I should read: :D
Now that I need another delay plugin
Yeah, stupid autocorrect!!! :-x
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Effects”