The Ultimate DAW would include?..

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What features would you choose to include in your ultimate DAW? You could perhaps borrow some example features and functionality from various currently available DAWs to illustrate, or your own concepts...

What favourite features from current DAWs would you keep, or brand new features yet to be implemented, would you introduce in your Ultimate DAW?

Also, what would you say each current DAWs' USPs (Unique Selling Points) over their rivals are?

For example, the Ultimate DAW would include... (followed by each FEATURE, and a brief SUMMARY of why):

• Brand New Feature 'A'
followed by description thereof...

• Brand New Improvement 'B'
followed by a beneficial breakdown...

• Piano roll from DAW 'A'
Since this is by far the most user-friendly interface I have currently encountered. However, I would improve it's overall 'X' features and 'Y' abilities...

• Automation system from DAW 'B'
allowing users to easy and quickly automate anything, including ----, etc.

• Audio recording system from DAW 'C'
Beneficial reasons why, etc.

• Audio editing/manipulation system from DAW 'D'
Beneficial reasons why, etc.

• Stock effect plugins from Developer 'B'
As I feel like they contain the most comprehensive all round eco system to deliver professional results.

• Stock synth plugins from Developers 'B' and 'C'
As this would deliver a complete sound palette of instruments for most musical genres.

• Stock sample packs plugins from Vendors D' and 'E'
As this would deliver the most complete sound palette of instruments for most musical genres.

etc.

:D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

All features of all existing DAWs and at least one additional unique feature. Unfortunately you would need at least 95 years to learn it and thus be able to produce that one single world class piece a day before you lay down in your grave. But at least your grand children and all the world will benefit from it…
Unfortunately to program this beast will never be finished in a life time either… And the next generation has to start over again as all operating system developers try to do the same and want to create the ultimate operating system…

cup holders.

It would be nice if it would include a PT. :box: :-D

I would very much like my DAW to have an “add talent”-button.

The ability to suck the music out of my head and spit it out in various formats.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

A Ghost-producer obviously! :clown:

An inverted copy of itself .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Reaper with Bitwigs Grid
More I don't need
- Yoda

An animated woman to pop up and to sing in tune to what I have composed.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

The future of daw would be a niche daw. I mean, a modular and genre specific daw within the same company parameters.

A metal kid would buy a different version of ableton live than the hiphop guy or the edm top producer. With different stock plugins, different workflows, different prices, etc..

And no, it's not the same with templates. A bit deeper, with even collaborations between the different companies, like for example a ableton stock plugin made by toontrack, another one made by neural dsp, etc... all in the same daw with the workflow of ableton.

Scalable, completely configurable interface.

Just what I need and nothing more
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”