VCV Rack 2 is out! Free and Pro versions ($99 at launch)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:41 am i thought it was polyphonic already?
Rack is polyphonic, yes.

Individual modules have to be built with polyphony in mind, however - currently, some are, and some aren't.

Polyphonic can be searched for as a tag in the library website - https://library.vcvrack.com/?query=&bra ... c&license=

yeah - knew could do polyphonic in VCV Rack 2 - but obviously have to implement for a given patch

if usable in Unify though - 3 clicks and can have 8 note polyphony - I've used it with Monark, Softube Model 72 etc etc - was just thinking might be quicker and easier

VCV 2.0.3 Out (2021-12-09)

Fix MIDI-Map not accepting MIDI CC.
Fix order of Audio-16 outputs 13/14 and 15/16.
Clear patch before removing autosave dir when loading patch. This fixes inability to load patches on Windows when modules hold file handles to patch storage.
Fix crash when patch attempts to add a cable that connects to a valid Port but an inexistent PortWidget (e.g. if a module defines a Port but omits the PortWidget).
Upgrade from ustar to pax tar patch format. Don't store actual uid/gid, just set to 0.
Rack Pro
Add external audio/MIDI drivers in plugin, except ASIO on Windows.
Show machine ID in splash window for offline activation.
Prevent "Reserved" plugin parameter from being changed when moving module parameters.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Surprised it's VST2, not VST3. I thought Steinberg weren't giving VST2 licenses anymore for new plugins.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:36 pm Surprised it's VST2, not VST3. I thought Steinberg weren't giving VST2 licenses anymore for new plugins.
Yeh same, but they have said its coming soon with other plug in formats...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:16 pm A Generate module would be a good idea (probably could break it up into several modules actually)
Works great in VCV Host :party:

guys to have modules to recomend that would be great when using vcv as fx in the daw ?

kobal wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:12 pm guys to have modules to recomend that would be great when using vcv as fx in the daw ?
supercell or clouds 8)

oops dp
Last edited by aMUSEd on Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLiC wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:00 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:16 pm A Generate module would be a good idea (probably could break it up into several modules actually)
Works great in VCV Host :party:
Sure but broken up into modules would allow for greater flexibility. It's already semi modular but making it fully modular would open up so many options to mix and match modules and signal flow.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:39 pm I occasionally pop into the forums and that one was announced early on as a "won't be ready for v2 launch." Didn't seem like Andrew is a big fan of Apple's shenanigans.
Oh Andrew! Of course!

Who the f*** is 'Andrew'?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:36 pm Surprised it's VST2, not VST3. I thought Steinberg weren't giving VST2 licenses anymore for new plugins.
I think it's licenses to new developers, existing ones with a license for VST2 can still build them/update their existing products.

BenfordLaw wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:50 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:39 pm I occasionally pop into the forums and that one was announced early on as a "won't be ready for v2 launch." Didn't seem like Andrew is a big fan of Apple's shenanigans.
Oh Andrew! Of course!

Who the f*** is 'Andrew'?
He made VCV Rack

GaryG wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:38 pm
I think it's licenses to new developers, existing ones with a license for VST2 can still build them/update their existing products.
But on the other hand, this is the initial VST release. The only logical explanation is that even though there was not a VST release, Andrew [Belt, VCV developer] must have registered as a VST developer prior to the cutoff, allowing him to continue to release VST2 plugins.

Andrew seems to be quick with his updates. His support response time is adequate, and the software is very good. Nothing but the most respect for the guy, he put out a solid product. Nothing but respect to all the devs who release modules in the library.

Return to “Instruments”