Dune 3.5 - 20+ Skins [Size: Huge]+ Extras - May 2022

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

morphex wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:27 pm Whoa, definitely moving into Terminator or Transformers territory. I'm totally new to using skins in Dune and I'm only seeing the option for the one with the blue filter section. There was another one with a similar name but it totally messed up the GUI. I was thankful to change it back. Are we supposed to be putting specific files in different folders ourselves? Or do we drop your entire folder into the skins folder? And if you release an update, do we replace the entire folder with the new one? Thanks for designing these. They're very pleasing to look at.
Within the Zip file there is a folder which you extract which contains the skin files ( Copy that folder to Synapse Audio\DUNE 3\Skins ).

Within that folder you will find an additional folder called Backgrounds which contains the files in which I have included for the different background elements that have changed. You can move this folder out so it doesn't show up in Dunes skin directory listing if you prefer and copy the files across individually, which you will need to do in any case. Alternately, you can duplicate the folder so you can switch between the different interfaces provided within Dune. One for blue, one for orange and one for plain for example.

The files are numbered with an identification number that matches each of the interfaces. You will need to remove underline and number so it matches the file that you are replacing, so Dune can recognise it.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Why don't you just make a separate skin folder for each version? Blue, Red, etc...would make it a lot easier for new users of DUNE 3.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:09 am Why don't you just make a separate skin folder for each version? Blue, Red, etc...would make it a lot easier for new users of DUNE 3.
^This would be ideal. I gave up years ago with trying to customize the way my Mac looked because it always seemed to foul things up. And then I'd have to spend time troubleshooting to see what was wrong. It left a bad taste in my mouth because I could've been making music.

I've just accepted whatever GUI was given by the developer until recently when I saw your designs along with a couple of other artists. New skins add some visual inspiration and make a difference when I have to look at the screen for hours on end.

But it's also a luxury that I don't need unless it's easy to install and maintain. I'd much rather have a single folder to drag and drop. Obviously it's not that difficult, but I just can't afford the possibility of down time over a plugin's appearance. If Teksonik has a method that would be easier for newer users of Dune, I'd really appreciate it if you would offer your skins that way. Thank you.

On page one I have included a bundle set where each folder is a simple drag and drop for each colour of interface. (Blue title heading). Simply drag and drop the folders as required.

Note: There are no other changes to Dune 3 Space Age 1_2. (_Background_ folder relocated to root directory, however)

It's a big zip file, so if you are low on bandwidth choose the smaller size version and set up the files and folders manually. It's probably quicker.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Thank you for all of your your design work and for making it simple to install. The Space Age skins are really cool and I look forward to trying out the dark military style when it’s ready.

And did I read it correctly that you’re also working on one for Hive 2 and Parawave’s Rapid? No pressure but I think Rapid could really look sharp with your particular eye for complimentary colors. Please keep us posted.

morphex wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:56 pm Thank you for all of your your design work and for making it simple to install. The Space Age skins are really cool and I look forward to trying out the dark military style when it’s ready.

And did I read it correctly that you’re also working on one for Hive 2 and Parawave’s Rapid? No pressure but I think Rapid could really look sharp with your particular eye for complimentary colors. Please keep us posted.

Thanks, as for Hive 2, the GUI's I've created have been adapted but are still a work in progress for the latest version. Not all graphic elements have been changed at this point and there is some re-scripting challenges to work out again as I duplicated the XY functionality to work on the right side of the GUI. But other than that, all the new filter functionality that was introduced is all there and everything else as well. This project is on the back burner for now until I complete the complete reskin project of Dune 3. U-HE's Hive's GUI's are those of which I've not actually provided free to anyone. This is partly because when significant updates are made to Hive (which have been a bit more regular the past few years), I have to rescript them all over again and most people wouldn't take the time to even attempt to rescript everything at a basic level in any case. The aim is have Hive 2 looking similar to those on my website, but here's how the progress is at this point in it's development here.

Skin downloads for Parawaves Rapid synthesizer are here. The dark skin shares similarities to that of the Dune 3 skin I'm creating in its military styling.

wow this guy can make skins like fux. Man ur inzane on doing skins!

yobare wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:39 pm wow this guy can make skins like fux. Man ur inzane on doing skins!
These days I struggle with doing any music... I can always fall back on my passions in graphic design...

https://intrancersonic-ds.blogspot.com/ ... -o.html#bi

https://intrancersonic-ds.blogspot.com/ ... .html#2dgd

Starting to add a bit of an Alien ( HR Giger ) feel to it now.

Lots of work in the lower FX section where each section is unique.

New display looks.

Darker OSC panel design to fit with scheme.

Doing GUI's can be a long tedious process, where some days you need to take a break. In any case, pretty much the entire front panel section has been done, little knobs aside. The big editor windows and browser, I've still to do yet.

It's looking really good. I'm anxious to install it and give it a spin. No pressure. Take your time and do it the way you think is best. Several of your design elements from three different plugins just seem to click with me. I know it doesn't make any difference to the sound, but looking at an incredibly slick and modern GUI makes the overall sensory experience of making computer-based music more satisfying. This synth is really top-notch!!

There is no indication that 'analogue' applies to both envs

I like this skin quite a lot apart from the digital readouts.
Is there a file I can edit to get rid of the digital numbers?

AnX wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:45 am There is no indication that 'analogue' applies to both envs
Thanks, this now part of the design.

Some other design updates have been added also.

Ouch.
Those digital readouts still look ugly imo.
If I was in in a racing sim I would need them.
But this is a Synth?

Return to “Instruments”