Fundorin's virtual audio gear collection

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The only synthesizer I ever owned was this model :hihi:
s-l400.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Absolutely amazing... :tu: :party:
Man, I can't tell these apart from real photos... Maybe I'm getting old... :borg:
Or your recreations are just really great! :hyper:

Maybe just pure curiosity, if you care to share: what software do you use?
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

jackoo wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:41 pm Absolutely amazing... :tu: :party:
Man, I can't tell these apart from real photos... Maybe I'm getting old... :borg:
Or your recreations are just really great! :hyper:
Thanks! Bet we're just getting old :ud:
jackoo wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:41 pm Maybe just pure curiosity, if you care to share: what software do you use?
Blender, Illustrator, Photoshop

Really cool stuff. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Nice job! I have a sound canvas, not that one tho sadly. Anyway, they are not that expensive imo.

Great work!

Lots of $$$$ unobtanium gear with amazing designs back in the 80's. Synclavier, SynthAxe, Yamaha KX5, Dynacord Rhythm Stick...

unkow wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:37 am Great work!

Lots of $$$$ unobtanium gear with amazing designs back in the 80's. Synclavier, SynthAxe, Yamaha KX5, Dynacord Rhythm Stick...
Thanks. Hey, keytars are great. I might model one.

The main issue is that there aren't many reference images available online. I have no idea what the back side looks like, not to mention the pedalboard/main box.

Models for use in a future synth museum in VR?
Looks great. Very convincing.

gaf_thit wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:47 am Models for use in a future synth museum in VR?
Looks great. Very convincing.
Thank you. If there is a buyer for them, it is quite possible

Only negative (and its not much of one, TBH) is that they're absolutely 100% pristine, and thus very obviously rendered. A little bit of texturing work, ie some wear, imperfections, handling and use arefacts, would make them very realistic indeed.

(Well, okay, on the SC-88 there's a couple of tiny scratches I can see and the discoloration on the label, but they still look a bit too 'perfect')
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I like them perfect. Directly after unboxing!

I can't wait until we can play on them with AR glasses!
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:37 pm Only negative (and its not much of one, TBH) is that they're absolutely 100% pristine, and thus very obviously rendered.
I hear you. People been telling me about it several times. While this is true, there are different gear states.
For example, here are some images of the same drum machine from eBay lots.

Clean:
s-l1600(15).jpg
s-l1600(13).jpg
GarageSale_08288_1309592553.jpg
Dirty:
s-l1600(25).jpg
s-l1600(47).jpg
It's a personal choice, but I prefer those clean machines, for some reason, although I can see how those imperfections could add realism, representing some used piece of gear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah, but Im not talking about clean versus dirty, Im talking about surface imperfections and variations that are there even in a 'perfect' real world object. That medium- and high-density detail is what takes a 3D render from idealised perfection to photorealism.

Like your bevels; they're so precise and sharp, as though they were done with a CNC machine instead of injection moulding.

It was just intended to an observation, as constructive criticism, though, Im not saying there's anything wrong with the modelling or rendering.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I'm not offended in any way. You're right about bevels.

Even though it's not obvious, I have surface imperfections placed on every one of my models. They all have fingerprints, scratches and smudges, layered on top of the main material. It's just not as pronounced as some people would want it to be.

This is the scratches mask:

And smudges:

Fingerprints:

There's also dust:

Every audio gear collector should have a drum machine

01. outrun square.jpg
02. plaid.jpg
03. dots.jpg
04. top.jpg
05. bottom.jpg

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”