Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:39 pm
hangars liquides wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 pm Are the guys at Ohmforce replying mails ? I'm trying since yesterday to contact them, even using Facebook, to get some lost SN, and I get nothing else but silence...
Most likely they’re deep into an illustration of a cat in some sort of space suit, and they’ll get back to you as soon as it’s done. I’d give it at least 5-6 weeks.
I thought they were working on a distributed real-time collaboration app for catstronaut illustrations, so you'll have to add some round-trip latency to your figure. :hihi:

Thank you for this, I'm gonna try...

oneway wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:19 am
zerocrossing wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:42 pm It seems like it’s a little side hobby business for someone.
Well, maybe I'm reading too much into this but the Infinity installer says "GForce Software" is responsible for the license agreement. If they mean the ones at https://www.gforcesoftware.com then perhaps they're going to take over their whole catalog and it's just stuck in refactoring hell.... either way leaving the website up, not responding to emails, and just putting a little piece of fine print about ending support is not a great way to leave things in the meantime.

oneway wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:19 am Well, maybe I'm reading too much into this but the Infinity installer says "GForce Software" is responsible for the license agreement.
I would assume that's just an erroneous leftover from the template he started with when assembling the installer...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

From GForce : "We co-developed a couple of plugins with OhmForce, Minimonsta and Oddity2, but I'm afraid that we don't have any influence over their site or other products as we're no longer working with them. I can see that you have an account with us for your impOSCar2 under that old email, I'd be happy to update the address for you on our site"

just a totally different level of customer support, big up to them... and disappointment as far as Ohmforce support is concerned ...

Just wondering, is it still possible to buy plugins from Ohmforce? Their website shows it is, but I have read a comment on their Facebook from someone who tried to order and recieved a license, but couldn't activate it. Someone else said that they are out of business. I also tried to contact them, but no response up to now...

Skybred wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:31 pm Just wondering, is it still possible to buy plugins from Ohmforce? Their website shows it is, but I have read a comment on their Facebook from someone who tried to order and recieved a license, but couldn't activate it. Someone else said that they are out of business. I also tried to contact them, but no response up to now...
the website was updated not too long ago. however, i used migration assistant in MacOS to transfer data to my new mac and most of the ohmforce plugins' licenses transferred over but a couple didn't seem to though they seem to work fine. When clicking on the activate/registration button in the plug in to go to the web link to register/activate the plug in it took me to a 404/non-existing web page.

so, it appears the plug ins can no longer be registered.. at least.. not on macOS monterey.

they work though and the guis are unscrambled.. they were scrambled and useless on big sur.

no idea what this means for windows users.

hangars liquides wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:15 am From GForce : "We co-developed a couple of plugins with OhmForce, Minimonsta and Oddity2, but I'm afraid that we don't have any influence over their site or other products as we're no longer working with them. I can see that you have an account with us for your impOSCar2 under that old email, I'd be happy to update the address for you on our site"

just a totally different level of customer support, big up to them... and disappointment as far as Ohmforce support is concerned ...
Are they aware of what some said, with the installer showing GForce?

I haven’t installed an update since an early alpha.

dayjob wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:03 pm the website was updated not too long ago. however, i used migration assistant in MacOS to transfer data to my new mac and most of the ohmforce plugins' licenses transferred over but a couple didn't seem to though they seem to work fine. When clicking on the activate/registration button in the plug in to go to the web link to register/activate the plug in it took me to a 404/non-existing web page.

so, it appears the plug ins can no longer be registered.. at least.. not on macOS monterey.

they work though and the guis are unscrambled.. they were scrambled and useless on big sur.

no idea what this means for windows users.
So probably not a good idea to buy any new plugins from them at the moment.

Skybred wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:33 am
dayjob wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:03 pm
So probably not a good idea to buy any new plugins from them at the moment.
THIS. How do they seriously dare selling stuff if they absolutely provide ZERO support.
This is a bad joke.

Apart from the (seemingly) non-existent customer support... what do you think of the delay and usage/GUI?

4damind wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:45 am Apart from the (seemingly) non-existent customer support... what do you think of the delay and usage/GUI?
Frankly, I love the delay itself. I think its one of the best multi tap implementations I’ve used. So far I have been using it mostly on beats. In Bitwig 4.1 Max Catalina, there are occasional UI glitches.

Still crashes in Cubase.
After 3 years its still not working.
What to do? :(

This was a grift. I paid 70 euros for the preorder to show my support for Ohm Force's comeback. Lesson is to NEVER preorder anything.

elxsound wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:12 pm

We weren't aware, but are now, thank you. Just to clarify, we (GForce Software) have nothing to do with the Ohmboyz Infinity, cool as it is. This seems to be a simple copy/paste mistake from our previous work together.

Shaetano wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:36 pm
elxsound wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:12 pm

We weren't aware, but are now, thank you. Just to clarify, we (GForce Software) have nothing to do with the Ohmboyz Infinity, cool as it is. This seems to be a simple copy/paste mistake from our previous work together.
Sadly, that’s what I thought. Initially I was hoping GForce had taken over until I read hangars liquides‘ post.
One can always hope.

Return to “Effects”