PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

p1afff wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:48 am Just got an email from Rhizomatic with the official sale announcement at $99€. And some news with very-soon-coming Apple M1 support and additional factory factory presets !
OK just checked, was going to ask you, but got the same email. Looks like M1 support will drop in the next couple weeks!

Now personally all that remains is Knifonium and Lion now that Pigments is M1 native. NI can live in a VEP server, we all know they'll take forever and a half, and that Absynth, and maybe a few others won't make the cut.

machinesworking wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:36 pm [quote=p1afff post_id=8277095 time=<a href="tel:1637923730">1637923730</a> user_id=432335]
Just got an email from Rhizomatic with the official sale announcement at $99€. And some news with very-soon-coming Apple M1 support and additional factory factory presets !
OK just checked, was going to ask you, but got the same email. Looks like M1 support will drop in the next couple weeks!

Now personally all that remains is Knifonium and Lion now that Pigments is M1 native. NI can live in a VEP server, we all know they'll take forever and a half, and that Absynth, and maybe a few others won't make the cut.
[/quote]
machinesworking wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:36 pm
p1afff wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:48 am Just got an email from Rhizomatic with the official sale announcement at $99€. And some news with very-soon-coming Apple M1 support and additional factory factory presets !

You mean having a Vienna server for NI on a second computer ? Never used that myself…
And yes, probably some old loved ones will be left off track, like FM8 and Absynth.
Philippe

p1afff wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:25 pm You mean having a Vienna server for NI on a second computer ? Never used that myself…
And yes, probably some old loved ones will be left off track, like FM8 and Absynth.
Yeah exactly. NI could take years to get to M1 native, and Kontakt works great in VEP. Making that choice easy to get the M1 Air instead of some ridiculously expensive all in one M1 Max for around 6K with less memory than the 96GB Mac Pro here.

Finally got this yesterday.
The newest GUI color scheme at least doesn't hurt my eyes as much as the original.

This thing manages to be just as simple as it is deep. Very strong combination :love:

I'd love to see custom import for wavetables and impulses in the future.
This was definitely already discussed somewhere sometime.

Anyway, a real gem :harp:

Is there a manual around somewhere?

It’s in one of the menus
Philippe

Thanks. I like to read manuals on my iPad - was looking everywhere else…

Absynth saw two updates this year to bring it in line with Komplete Kontrol and one supposes new OSes. It works under Big Sur same as it ever has (Intel).

I found the manual for Plasmonic, it was in user name/Library/Application Support/Plasmonic demo. It wasn't created in the other not-the-demo installation.

crawlingwind wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:48 pm Is there a manual around somewhere?
on the mac it gets installed at:
/Users/Shared/Rhizomatic/Plasmonic/Plasmonic User Manual.pdf

hth

A quick improved play with a few Plasmonic presets. This time i used a spatialisation software and extern reverb on top (2CAudio Precedence and Breeze 2 combo). Nothing special but I wish everyone a nice holiday time and a healthy next year....
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... synth-orch

and a 'Sound Brut' experiment with Plasmonic, but with granular treatment, 3 times Unfiltered Audio SIlo, as sends. of course they extract the sound from the source, Plasmonic, but each add a different layer.
patches from scratches, for Plasmonic a MPE patch, the first patch/preset i made for Plasmonic.
played with MPE, of course...

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada/fi ... ble-part-1

Plasmonic 1.2 is here

New features:
* 100 new MPE-compatible presets
* Native Apple Silicon support
* Improved audio performance on all platforms
* MTS-ESP microtuning support
* Preset browser favorites
* Voice stealing options (in the Performance Settings panel)

Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Cepheus wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:12 pm * MTS-ESP microtuning support
that is only possible with ODDSound? microtuning, well, of course you synths/ecosystems, that give other scales, but microtuning is something different, per note even?

i can of course demo, etc. etc. but why not ask. interested, because, well.

the ODDSound full version, that gives you a lot more than the free version (of course), still not capable to set microtuning per vst?, well most learn more, ain't cheap, i ain't cheap, i will explore, perhaps someone uses it?

EDIT: seems to be a nice introduction:

https://cdm.link/2021/03/inside-mts-esp ... phex-twin/

Cepheus wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:12 pm * MTS-ESP microtuning support
yes!

:tu:

Return to “Instruments”