Saturation Tools for 2021

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^^^ try Hornet plugins! :dog:

I have a lot of top tier saturation plugins. It's worth to check Audiothing Valves. I just use the Valve section and bypass the rest most of the time. It does not get much attention. Sounds always very smooth and pleasant to me. And it has oversampling from upto 16x with relatively low cpu load.

sambaji wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:29 pm
Ploki wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 am are you sure it's all aliasing tho. Might be intermodulation distortion or sideband distortion.

I like clean in Kelvin, but it can dull some sounds
Can you have intermodulation/sideband distortion that occurs in hardware in a plugin without specifically programming an algorithm for it?
My understanding is that intermodulation distortion is a natural consequence of applying a non-linear function to a mixture of frequencies. So you'll get it in hardware or software, and you'd have to do something pretty clever to manipulate the amount.

While I'm here and sales have a few more days... Can anyone using both SDRR and Saturn let me know where they prefer one over the other? Saturn sale is tempting but between Fuse stuff, Spectre and SDRR I'm not sure what I'd use it for!

midi_transmission wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:06 pm I have a lot of top tier saturation plugins. It's worth to check Audiothing Valves. I just use the Valve section and bypass the rest most of the time. It does not get much attention. Sounds always very smooth and pleasant to me. And it has oversampling from upto 16x with relatively low cpu load.
+1 !!!

That is the tragic nature of the audio merchandise nowadays... :neutral:

imrae wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:57 pm My understanding is that intermodulation distortion is a natural consequence of applying a non-linear function to a mixture of frequencies. So you'll get it in hardware or software, and you'd have to do something pretty clever to manipulate the amount.

While I'm here and sales have a few more days... Can anyone using both SDRR and Saturn let me know where they prefer one over the other? Saturn sale is tempting but between Fuse stuff, Spectre and SDRR I'm not sure what I'd use it for!
Voxengo Peakbuster introduces THD but because its micro-multiband there's practically no IMD. It has a really cool sound imo

as for saturn, there's two things what i like to have it for:
- creative distortion
- flexibility/ease of use.

it's not my go to saturator tho, that would be kelvin. For subtle saturation purposes alone i don't think that it's a must have

Ploki wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:30 pm Voxengo Peakbuster introduces...
Dude... you have no idea what you have just done (good deed).

Thanks ! :tu:

Return to “Effects”