2022: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2022)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I started a similar thread last December, dedicated to the gear of 2021. With 2022 arriving soon, it's time to start a new thread, dedicated to the gear you acquire in 2022, or at least want to acquire in 2022.

When I started last year's thread, I hoped to find a deal on a Yamaha SY77. I was also dreaming of getting a used Ensoniq synth with polyphonic aftertouch, maybe a VFX, an SD, or TS-10. I eventually did find a great deal on a Yamaha SY77. It's officially my favorite synth now, and I use it as my main MIDI controller. :love:

Maybe 2022 is the year I finally get an Ensoniq synth?

Also, I have this silly notion of maybe one day getting a Behringer RD-6 drum machine in translucent green, a Behringer TD-3 synth in translucent blue, and an Arturia Microbrute synth in translucent red — just to have a small collection of tiny, candy-colored synths. :hihi:

I might even put some LEDs inside them, or underneath them, to make them glow. :D

What do you hope to acquire in 2022? :)
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

I really like the synth gear I have, and... I said that at the start of 2021 too but still managed to buy $7000 worth of hardware, sell $5300, spend over $300 on shipping and another $400 on software, after telling myself I wouldn't.

So mostly, I hope to calm down a bit in 2022. I've made an effort to change my thinking about gear, by giving less credit to the gear for the music that I make and reminding myself how well what I have is working.

With that out of the way... :hihi:

- Xaoc Erfurt -- I have a space reserved for it. Though if the demos are lackluster I'll pop something else in there instead.

- I'm just getting into ubass now. There are a few bassic, sorry, basic accessories I'll need. If I can find a way to safely store/stand/hang it in my cramped, chaotic studio area, instead of upstairs in the guest bedroom (low-traffic and pet-free), that would be great. My amp is a shitty keyboard practice amp and should be burned replaced, but unless I decide I just have to jam away from the computer, I'll just go DI. I also want to avoid getting back into pedals -- a compressor wouldn't hurt but software rules. However, a second ubass or Ashbory is a possibility, if I decide I need both rubber and metal strings :)

- A KVGear L2 stand wouldn't be a bad idea. My Minibrute is perched awkwardly on a mandolin stand and has an upright bar for a laptop stand partially in its way.

- Make Noise Strega is still on my radar... but will probably forgo it unless the stand makes adequate space for it. I'm too uncertain about setting aside the Microfreak, and even more doubtful about selling off 60HP of modules to put the Pod aside.

- In terms of software (yes I know!) Sumu and the Noise Engineering plugins are on my watch list.

a stand for the desktop synths.
another steel shelf.
lots of rubber feet.
2 more surge protected 10 gangs.
cables.

still have a few hp in the current racks, but am tempted to add a rack for tip top buchla :oops:

the hps i have left...
i would like
second pan/xfade module.
some gain.
possibly a second nebulae still, although bit much power wise without some moving around.
and a couple of basic utility bits, mixers/multiples type things.

given the way money is becoming worth less now, i might just about get the hps filled and the shelves, the buchla we will see.

theres also n+1 number of pedals that look fun too.

Looking at getting one of these in 2022: Fender Ultra Telecaster.

Probably some pedals and moar guitar amp solutions and whatnot, no synth interests really.

Something that’s not even released yet. Drumlogue

Probably new monitors. I’m still kinda lusting after the Focal Shapes after I heard them in a music store.
Maybe also another bass guitar, even though it is just a couple of weeks that I bought my first.
A telecaster would be nice, but i don’t have room for more guitars, also i don’t really play electric.
No synths except maybe another Analogue Solutions Colossus, the black one would really complement the white one.

pekbro wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:50 pm Looking at getting one of these in 2022: Fender Ultra Telecaster.

Probably some pedals and moar guitar amp solutions and whatnot, no synth interests really.
I want a Tele style guitar. Doesn’t need to be Fender for me but I’m hoping for one next year

elxsound wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:17 pm
pekbro wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:50 pm Looking at getting one of these in 2022: Fender Ultra Telecaster.

I want a Tele style guitar. Doesn’t need to be Fender for me but I’m hoping for one next year
they did one a few years back i think "ml player" with a moving pick up.
was reasonably priced too. i liked the idea of the moving pick up, for tonal changes. but im more interested in something with trem, will probably go jazzmaster or jag, or maybe one of the paranormal range :tu:

Yeah, the only thing about the Tele is no tremolo, tho last time I owned a strat, I only kept
the whammy bar in the case. For me it's got to be the "Ultra" Tele, and you have to imagine
me saying "Ultra" loudly with a cavernous reverb and echo on it. ULTRA, Ultra, ultra, ultra, telecaster...

I've removed everything from my list(s) except things that I know vurt :wheee: and elxsound :hyper: will want also. {'cause I'm cool like that} :wink:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:08 pm I've removed everything from my list(s) except things that I know vurt :wheee: and elxsound :hyper: will want also. {'cause I'm cool like that} :wink:
:help:

foosnark wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:46 pm - A KVGear L2 stand wouldn't be a bad idea. My Minibrute is perched awkwardly on a mandolin stand and has an upright bar for a laptop stand partially in its way.
Are you aware of these.
https://www.obelisquedesign.co.uk/
Might be pricey shipping from UK but I can vouch for the quality.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:08 pm I've removed everything from my list(s) except things that I know vurt :wheee: and elxsound :hyper: will want also. {'cause I'm cool like that} :wink:
:lol: It’s funny cuz it’s true!

I mentioned in the 2021 thread that I’d like to finally pick up Arturia’s Microfreak and the Korg NTS-1.

I’ll likely get the Berhinger Edge if released in 2022… there’s a chance I might just get the DFAM instead though.

Erbe-Verb is possibly in my 2022 future.

For pedals… it’s probably whatever Pekbro posts next. It’s just as scary as a Shabdahbriah post.

And definitely more cables!

elxsound wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:22 pm … there’s a chance I might just get the DFAM instead though.

[...] It’s just as scary as a Shabdahbriah post.
Curiously, IF there is another 'stimulus' check, this goes to the top of the short list, from the 'been-waiting sooo long' list. {just sayin'} :hihi:

https://youtu.be/oYH4hHDmqkU
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”