FL Studio 20.9 | Released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Image-Line wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:32 am
JonSolo wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:02 am I hated to see them abandon their VST development (but of course I don't know what their plans are, or what the future holds there).
I can tell you they are all currently being refreshed. So you will get an updated UI and bugfixes at least. No ETA.

We pulled them because, at the time we were not supporting them to the standard we require. Now we have hired a full time developer to work on them. That is happening.

If we were a cash-grab company we wouldn't have done any of this.
Oh, that is good news. :tu: I had purchased most of them, long before I got FL Studio.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Are they also being developed for Mac?
Please say Yes :)
Since IL worked so hard to even get FL running natively on Apple Silicon, I guess it would be safe to assume that if done right, AU versions are to be expected… dunno

It would be so awesome to be able to use Harmor in Logic
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

ramseysounds wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:19 pm Response from IL, page 1.

’The online unlock system works simply by logging into your account through FL Studio just as it always has. No challenge-response.’
So semantics then. I still smell a server in there that you need to authenticate the license. If it weren't C/R, the regkey would work.

Will the refreshed VSTs be using the new copy protection scheme, or keep the existing registry style protection?

Glad to hear there will be updates. Will Sawer, Toxic Biohazard, Poizone, Sakura see vector-based UIs, like the others? That's something I'm looking forward to the most, if so. Thanks again :)

I just want playlist updates, audio fades etc.

Get cubase then 😬
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I was using FL Studio since 12 came out. But about 6 months ago I switched to Studio One. It was pretty hard to switch workflows because Studio One is a more traditional DAW. However, I found that in Studio One, performance is incredible compared to FL. I can't even work at 128 buffer size in FL with a few heavy plugins open without cracking/popping noises while in Studio One I can go even lower with much heavier projects.

Also, Studio One's hardware support for the keyboards/pads is much better. FL is dependent on users' scripts (even though it's amazing that they support this). While Studio One has incredible integration with Atom and Faderport controllers, which is also what FL is lacking (apart from AKAI Fire, which is a disaster IMO). Plugins load much faster on Studio One too.

Is there any improvement regarding the above? As much as I like FL's production workflow (which is better than Studio One), I can't see myself going back to FL anytime soon due to the reasons I explained above. However, having a lifetime license is great because I can start using FL when they implement the changes I want.

Like the update. Hopefully they can improve the CPU performance. It's just okay.

Fornicras wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:32 am I was using FL Studio since 12 came out. But about 6 months ago I switched to Studio One. It was pretty hard to switch workflows because Studio One is a more traditional DAW. However, I found that in Studio One, performance is incredible compared to FL. I can't even work at 128 buffer size in FL with a few heavy plugins open without cracking/popping noises while in Studio One I can go even lower with much heavier projects.

Also, Studio One's hardware support for the keyboards/pads is much better. FL is dependent on users' scripts (even though it's amazing that they support this). While Studio One has incredible integration with Atom and Faderport controllers, which is also what FL is lacking (apart from AKAI Fire, which is a disaster IMO). Plugins load much faster on Studio One too.

Is there any improvement regarding the above? As much as I like FL's production workflow (which is better than Studio One), I can't see myself going back to FL anytime soon due to the reasons I explained above. However, having a lifetime license is great because I can start using FL when they implement the changes I want.
for ex. submix automatons can be dropped to the related folder track
...While the most obvious benefit of a Folder track is that it hides and shows all of the tracks it contains, there is another important feature, which is the ability to assign a Folder track to a Bus channel. All tracks contained in the Folder track then use this channel as a submix. So all my drum tracks are packed in a 'drums' Folder track, which is then routed to a 'drum sub' Bus channel to create my drum submix. Having done that, I create all automation for the submix channel on the Folder track, which proves a tidy, intuitive method of keeping submix automation close to all of the drum track automation...
that's a nice one https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... studio-one , just to not hijack the original topic
the new automaton editor from FLS 20.9 is even better finally they can be edited directly from the Channel Rack
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Hard to tell from the release notes - did the audio engine just go 64-bit floating point?

Just want to say I support the decision to protect your company and its investments. Maybe people don't realize just how often software like this is pirated. Thats hundreds of thousands of dollars lost. Money that could be funding further development and support of the product, and also paying employees who have families to take care of.

They may not be your ideal, convenient methods, but the fact they provide the ability to have multiple PCs on one purchase and the ability to use offline is something that many other companies dont offer at all. Most it seems like allow 2 max. Like some have mentioned, I understand the need for a company to cover their bases in the digital realm, where it is so easy to steal and have zero repercussions. Most popular plugins have similar verification processes, and I have no problem with that.

Also super update. Still waiting on comping tho :P

Jkist wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:41 am Still waiting on comping tho :P
Is that not 'consolidate clips'?

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:25 am
No don't think so. That's to make all clips as one. Comping is recording several takes and being able to cut, dissect, crossfade, shorten etc any parts or section of those clips to create a new comped clip.

EDIT - Just watched an In The Mix vid on Consolidate Audio and he seems to suggest that consolidating audio in the Playlist is Comping so maybe I'm wrong.

Eclectrophonic wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:19 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:25 am
No don't think so. That's to make all clips as one. Comping is recording several takes and being able to cut, dissect, crossfade, shorten etc any parts or section of those clips to create a new comped clip.

EDIT - Just watched an In The Mix vid on Consolidate Audio and he seems to suggest that consolidating audio in the Playlist is Comping so maybe I'm wrong.
You are kinda right. Dicing/splicing audio clips isn't very fully featured in FL Studio. Infact I'm not even sure you can do a long non-destructive crossfade (length of your choosing) between 2 clips without using automation.

this update!! holy toledo. good one.
I got so excited that I actually told my wife about some of the things... she said, "oh. umm, thats... good?" :lol: then called me a nerd.
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”