RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

DanielPL wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:23 pm I think it's not like that. It's the same as other sellers do. If you have VAT, price reflects that so they get less from you. If you are no VAT customer price stays the same so they earn more. Exactly the same happens when you buy e.g. from Kilohearts. I haven't seen anyone complaining there.
I'm not an accountant, but that's probably a shady practice. See my previous comments on this thread about this.

And BTW there are web stores like Sonible's (also in Germany) that do properly calculate VAT and taxes depending on the country.

pierb wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:29 pm
DanielPL wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:23 pm I think it's not like that. It's the same as other sellers do. If you have VAT, price reflects that so they get less from you. If you are no VAT customer price stays the same so they earn more. Exactly the same happens when you buy e.g. from Kilohearts. I haven't seen anyone complaining there.
And BTW there are web stores like Sonible's (also in Germany) that do properly calculate VAT and taxes depending on the country.
What I'm trying to say is that they are properly calculating VAT. Let's get Phaseplant example (and leave Parawave for a second) with price of 99$. So, as a VAT buyer your price is exactly the same as non VAT buyer, meaning both pays 99$. For VAT buyer price reflects the VAT amount for those 99$, so at the checkout you see the VAT amount and lowered base price with final price equals 99$. They are assuring each buyer has the same price, however they earn less with VAT buyers.

NM I think I was thinking of another synth I bought

pierb wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:29 pm
I'm not an accountant, but that's probably a shady practice. See my previous comments on this thread about this.

Sonible is an Austrian company operating out of Switzerland, so possibly different VAT mechanisms there.

But Bestservice is indeed a German shop and does calculate VAT correctly for international buyers.

I wonder if the extra money they make by overcharging from non-EU customers outweighs the amount of extra sales they'd have from not charging VAT prices to non-EU customers? Since a larger userbase also means more sales of expansions.

If I'd buy the synth, it would be because of layout and workflow, which I like, and what I've see about granular synthesis.

So - I downloaded the Demo and tried to use granular - but failed. Not part of the demo? I open the synth in Reaper and what I do is dragging mp3 or wav files from Windows explorer into the synth (onto the graph of the oscillator). Nothing happens.

https://parawave-audio.com/faq

I dropped a wave file onto the oscillator display. Import doesn't work!?

You have to create a User Library first. Open the oscillator browser and click on LIBRARY in the bottom left and create one with New.. by entering a name.

You may also want to take a look at this (3 minutes in roughly)

https://youtu.be/L8Q8a5zrxe4?t=179

rsp
sound sculptist

Is there a place we can send feature requests?

sound sculptist

I was very tempted to purchase Rapid.
But the update path is all but forgotten these days.
For those that have already invested and gotten a few extras I am guessing that's cool.

But no, I don't think it is going anywhere.
In Rapids defense, other developers do the same. Code a Synth and forget it.

Why do you think it is not going anywhere? The developer a week or two ago already confirmed that some new features are coming in 2022.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:20 am Why do you think it is not going anywhere? The developer a week or two ago already confirmed that some new features are coming in 2022.

rsp
Let me know when the new features are updated.
Other than that though it is just talk.

Evoider wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:07 am I was very tempted to purchase Rapid.
But the update path is all but forgotten these days.
For those that have already invested and gotten a few extras I am guessing that's cool.

But no, I don't think it is going anywhere.
In Rapids defense, other developers do the same. Code a Synth and forget it.
What a b.s. post lol

16 posts and talking crap about one of the coolest synth around lol

There's nothing inherently wrong with coding a synth and forgetting about it (short of bug fixes and compatibility updates). The current feature set is great, so I'm not expecting anything more to be added. I have yet to notice any glaring, obvious flaws. It will continue to be useful until it no longer works on my computer.

If you're expecting constant updates you need to elaborate on what part of the synth needs updating. Expecting updates just for the sake of updates is a braindead expectation.

Return to “Instruments”