Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wotja 22 Pro Wotja: Generative Music System

Started a new #thread over here, since quite some seem to have some trouble with the Installation and such. :phones:

A few random notes (from the other posts about this):

- To avoid the auto - scan of the Standalone - version just rename your VST - folder or temporary move it to a different location. In this case Wotja will skip the scanning; you can always manually re - scan your folder later.

- So at least the native Standalone is usable that way and you can also access the VST - Location of Wotja 22 Pro to move it into your VST3 - Folder.

- Once you got there (spent some Time with this today) the Reward will be there; as everything else seems to Work pretty fine & flawless for now.

A few suggestions:

- Please fix the VST - Scan Issue (I know they are already working on it)
- Please (please) Give us Noatikl3 (or just the generative random - midi part of Wotja) as a single VST3; maybe something more intuitive and easy to use. It would be an awesome Move to bring it back, imho! :phones:

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/22
Last edited by El°HYM on Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

I would also like some user feedback on the app itself. Is it the cream of the crop for generative?

Well, not so easy to answer. It might be the most in depth and if you are willing to take that Journey surely one of the most rewarding, when it comes to generative apps. Yet, you will have to go through some parameters and spend a good amount of time in advance. I would still highly suggest it no matter what.

El°HYM wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:45 pm Started a new #thread over here, since quite some seem to have some trouble with the Installation and such. :phones:
https://intermorphic.com/wotja/22
Thanks for creating the thread - we were trying to make this a soft launch on Windows, as getting hosting "right" is a challenge with all the VST3 plug-ins out there :) and we're still trying to sort things out with customer feedback. But good news gets out, I guess :)

Best wishes to all,

Pete

killmaster wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:50 pm I would also like some user feedback on the app itself. Is it the cream of the crop for generative?
Speaking as the developer, yes!

Wotja has been in near continuous development for 30+ years (with various brand names and configurations en route).

If you're new to Wotja, Koan, Noatikl, Mixtikl etc. - please take a look here:

https://intermorphic.com/company/#history

If you already know about us, please check-out the new website - it is *completely* refreshed for Wotja 22; easier to navigate, cleaner look, much faster to load. There is a lot to see for those interested in our history!

Best wishes, Pete

What is new in Wotja 22:

https://intermorphic.com/news/blog/post ... -Soon.html

Basically for Wotja 22:
- the Wotja 22 app is now a VST3 host
- Wotja 22 now comes with a VST plug-in (though the plug-in isn't a VST3 host, to be clear!)
- we've reworked "Patterns" to become "Sequences", incorporating a new Euclidean with many other improvements
- lots and lots of other stuff

BTW, I think that Wotja 22 "Free" might well be the first free VST3 host in the Microsoft Store?

Heads up: we're trying to improve VST3 scanning on Windows, as we know that is causing problems for some users. I hope to have figured things out here in the next couple of weeks; please bear with us during this time. You can always play with the Free version while we're figuring things out!

Happy New Year to all!

Pete

Hey many thanks Pete for clearing things up &
congrats to the new Release, really liking it so far.

Since I have been testing it today; might have found another Win - Bug:
Playback seems not possible at any Samplerate higher than 44,1kHz?

El°HYM wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:30 pm Hey many thanks Pete for clearing things up &
congrats to the new Release, really liking it so far.
Many thanks!!
Since I have been testing it today; might have found another Win - Bug:
Playback seems not possible at any Samplerate higher than 44,1kHz?
Should be fine - but check that the Wotja Audio Settings (sample rate etc.) match your selected Audio Device.

Best wishes, Pete

The standalone seems to figure it out by itself.
The VST3 - Version becomes silent when switching the samplerate higher and no Settings to change in Wotja then. Might check that out tomorrow though, as its getting late. Will get back at you if the Issue persists.

How do you get Wotja to rescan plugins? Wotja was crashing during plugin scanning so I temporarily renamed the VST3 folder so that Wotja would load. I then renamed the vst3 folder back to the original name but Wotja does not want to scan the folder anymore. Also is there a way to tell with VST is crashing Wotja?

I decided to uni-install Wotja 22 PRo. I had no business being an early adaptor.
I have no idea if it was properly un-installed.
Unfortunately Revo could not see that Wotja was installed so could not use Revo to un-install it.

What's stability like on Windows these days? I bought version 18 but I never got into it because it was so crashy on my old third-gen i5 system. Appreciate it was (IIRC) the first Windows version though, and 5 years is a long time.

edit: Just clocked there's a free version I can test drive. Cheers! :tu:

My first impressions on win 10:

- IF it will (hopefully....) work SOMEDAY, yes, it is THE generative SOLUTION to Ambient composing....

- It is SO far away from working (VST3 plugins IN Wotja, VST3 IN any daw) properly in win 10 I wonder if this all could be fixed in the 22 version to at least work SOMEWAY but I really EXPECT it. There could NOT be a (payed) 23 version without all this issues fixed on the VST3 version....

- for me apart from the scanning issues (that need a whold new workflow for the scanning process) there are lots of problems to be fixed I cant even figure out where they might be (for example kontakt gui does not react as it should in anyway, no matter if Wotja is playing or not, you could simply change anything on the gui)

- crashes.......

- the cpu load is incomprehensible high (one of the few VST3 working at all so far in Wotja22 is Unify but in my environment I could load TEN Unify versions with the same content in ANY daw where ONE version of Unify inside Wotja gets me a cpu overload and crash.....

- vst3 version INSIDE daw does not work at all (tried it on Mixcraft Pro 9). Nothing more to be said: NOT at all....

- I cant even imagine how much work must have gone into this to even got it this far.

- The general idea is INCREDIBLE. Or: if it works, this IS IT

Totally torn between the feeling of betatesting a (bad) alpha with trying workarounds definitely NOT in the users responsibility and a genious lookout into a bright future.....

I nearly pre-ordered this a few weeks ago, but am glad I didn't. I use Cubase on a Mac and as far as I can see there's no VST hosting support on Mac and it won't load as a VST in a DAW on a Mac either?

Banquet wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:06 am I nearly pre-ordered this a few weeks ago, but am glad I didn't. I use Cubase on a Mac and as far as I can see there's no VST hosting support on Mac and it won't load as a VST in a DAW on a Mac either?
Hi! Yes, that is right. We support Apple's AUv3 format on iOS and macOS, and VST3 on Windows.

Apps distributed via Apple's stores have various restrictions, as they're running as Sandboxed apps.

Best wishes, Pete

Return to “Instruments”