What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Truefire are having a sale - $12 per course - $6 with the code below.
Use Promo Code "BLOWOUT" to Save an Extra 50% on Courses & Jams!
https://truefire.com/12-days

Just sayin..

One thing this year has taught me is that it’s a lot easier keeping GAS under control when nowhere has the gear you’re after in stock.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:34 pm One thing this year has taught me is that it’s a lot easier keeping GAS under control when nowhere has the gear you’re after in stock.
i had that with the 0 ctrl, by the time anywhere had it in stock, i had the cash for both it and the 0 coast. so no, not always good for gas :hihi:

Bombadil wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:52 pm I mean, WTF APPLE? Looks like a dolly's handbag from Disneyland.

airpods-max-smartcase-silver-witb.jpeg
Curious why you're interested in Apple headphones, with so many brands out there already (I find it fascinating there are so many, actually). Something setting them apart from the competition?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:34 pm One thing this year has taught me is that it’s a lot easier keeping GAS under control when nowhere has the gear you’re after in stock.
I'm cured - until I have some cannabis again (experience makes me expect I won't feel like / enjoy making music until then, but who knows). So I went from buying vsts to not caring at all :lol: (I did check the PA voucher, looking for a near-freebie, tricked by PA's marketing into coupon-FOMO).

Same for gaming.

It’s a shame you feel you need to be stoned to make music. I gave up all drugs when my kid was born about 25 years ago* and recently stopped drinking too and dicking about making music is actually my ‘getting stoned’, lets my mind take a backseat and chills me out.

* No judgement on pros and cons for others, it was just something I felt I needed to do for myself

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

cptgone wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:09 pm
Bombadil wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:52 pm I mean, WTF APPLE? Looks like a dolly's handbag from Disneyland.

airpods-max-smartcase-silver-witb.jpeg
Curious why you're interested in Apple headphones, with so many brands out there already (I find it fascinating there are so many, actually). Something setting them apart from the competition?
Widerstand ist zwecklos! :borg:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

i will do anything for a better guitar (but i won't do that)
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

harryupbabble wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:46 pm i will do anything for a better guitar (but i won't do that)
for playing or for scale calibration?

for basic licks. lol
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I'm having a hard time letting go of that LP clone. I said it was going back, but it's started to weave its spells on me. Ain't a thing in the world wrong with it, as hard as I could try to find it. The more I play it, though, the more it's telling me it wants to stay.
The neck profile is thicker than the ES copy, but I've adapted to it. Quite comfy, really. I find the only necks I really don't like are the thin ones like Hags or PRS's (don't like their fretboard radius and fretboard width, either). So, decisions decisions. Already received the return label, and maybe I'll give it a few days, and a new set of strings, and make up my mind.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:47 am I'm having a hard time letting go of that LP clone. I said it was going back, but it's started to weave its spells on me. Ain't a thing in the world wrong with it, as hard as I could try to find it. The more I play it, though, the more it's telling me it wants to stay.
The neck profile is thicker than the ES copy, but I've adapted to it. Quite comfy, really. I find the only necks I really don't like are the thin ones like Hags or PRS's (don't like their fretboard radius and fretboard width, either). So, decisions decisions. Already received the return label, and maybe I'll give it a few days, and a new set of strings, and make up my mind.
The new one, what's your issue with it?

Feel, and the pups. I am leaning toward keeping it at the moment. But also, I have to think that my wife would be happier if I sent it back. Unexpected teeth work.

EDIT: put on fresh strings, adjusted the action a touch, and now I am very tempted to keep it. Plays better without issues than any LP I've ever played.
N'OTHER EDIT: the last time I was so impressed with a make of guitars it was Recording King. I bought a 12 fret slotheaded ROS-16, and it punched far above its weight class. So, naturally, I thought I'd try out a few more RKs, and they were all duds. Very poor quality control, one of the nuts was glued on about 1/4“ off the neck. The Stanfords are the exact opposite. They're priced above Epis and Ibanezes, cheaper than Eastman or their own primary line, Maybach Guitars.
In all my guitar buying in the last 14 years, I have never seen QC this good. Have to keep it.
5C86C81B-8F70-40B9-BA9D-0F4933385517.jpeg
-Martin Luther King Jr.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:36 pm It’s a shame you feel you need to be stoned to make music.
Not the case :shrug:

I'm suffering burnout and depression (and early stage arthritis and presumably Alzheimer).

Cannabis does many things for me, including: lust to play.
(It also gets me in the mindset to get the creative juices running, but that's not the problem, I fully realise I can be creative sober, too)

Sober, I can't be arsed, and if I do try, I don't enjoy it.
I adapt by switching to mundane things to keep me busy.

Finally, the injustice and hopelessness of prohibiition doesn't help with my depressed state.
I've been on the receiving end of the War On Drugs for 34 years now. I feel beaten, done for.

I've been struggling to survive the last 4.5 years, cannabis helped me cope and recover.
Now I'm going backwards again, just as I was picking up the pieces, determined to get the things done that matter to me, while I still can.

Bargain alert
Rotosound R10 Nickel Plated Electric Guitar Strings x3 Sets FREE Strap 10-46 - £13.99
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401151252580 ... SwTM5Y4QDe

Return to “Guitars”