Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:13 am
rlared wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:30 pm @msvs any news on Avenger 2?
we will start again in 2022. Was long paused, since the 1.8. update had to be made
I have collected many new ideas during that time however :lol:

@Laz: you should really contact support. No one here can really help you with that.
@Manuel I did already. Rene did suggested some things but it takes to long. The problem is almost 4 weeks long and I cannot work anymore. And posting problems is not to blame a Developer, it's just maybe someone else has an explanation or the same problem. I really hope Rene will find the problem. My luck was to have problems during Christmas so everyone has a personal live and cannot get into this.

BTW Happy New Year to everyone. Health and piece Worldwide

zvenx wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:14 pm It isn't just the M1, it is indeed though more so on the mac than the pc. Been complaining about it for years but clearly Vengeance doesn't see it as an issue despite no other vsti behaving like that I own or have used.

I don't even know how one plays at 512 even on an rme audio card, probably have to quantize everything.
rsp
It is also affecting the pc version in the same way, since this is happening due a technical conception problem in the code structure. Most users simply don’t know or can’t track the CPU usage properly. I only know Bitwig providing such a detailed graph which can show actual cpu spikes. No offense to the developer, avenger is great in concept and sound, but really deserves a complete overhaul of the voice management. It is not usable in a song context like this. If you guys didn’t use c++ and that’s why think it is not fixable, I still think there is a way to avoid these spikes. So due these drastic performance problems and your constant ignorance, avenger devalues itself, which is pretty sad. Such a fun synth…

Somehow you need to find a way to spread the cpu load from a single processing call to multiple ones. This can be usually achieved by using buffer or precalculation technics. I am pretty sure René know all this a much better than me, so I am very curious what the cause is for the constant ignorance… a sound generator also can introduce PDC to the host, in the end, a little bit of PDC is way better than CPU spikes.

Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

happy new year!
do you know if VPS is in holidays? i didnt hear back over a week from support now. but due to holiday season it is no prob at all. just wondering if it is the case.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hi Manuel, the new Vintage synth exp for Nexus sounds fantastic! Could we have an Avenger version of it?

invisiblesun wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:46 am Hi Manuel, the new Vintage synth exp for Nexus sounds fantastic! Could we have an Avenger version of it?
I'm not sure many knows this, at least I didn't, I've just recently found out the Encounters Media - Avenger - ANALOGUE CLASSICS vol I expansion preset pack.

From the description:
Inspired by legendary synths, we've recreated the most typical and authentic analog sounds from Moog, Oberheim, Roland, Prophet, Yamaha and others.
135 presets + 43 Bonus presets from the Analogue Legends Expansions.
A total of 178 presets unique analog sounds! Pure emulated VA, no sampling, except the drums.
They offer some trial presets, I haven't tested it. They are selling packs for 50EUR and had 50% BF sale, but it's gone now.

Personally I think 50 EUR for a third party expansion is too expensive, but they apparently have sales every not and then, so it's o.k. I guess. But comparing to the official expansions from Vengeance Sound, they lack a samples, drumkits and other extras. On the plus side, you'll get a custom skin, but I'm not sure if it will work with the 1.8.2 version of Avenger, I couldn't find any info about that.

The expansion does not sound bad at all though, but the marketing..? Why do they have pictures of classic synths in their promotion video, when they didn't sample any of those? And, "pure emulated VA sound"? Of course, the oscillators are VA oscillators, it's not like this is a feature of the expansion. And "No need to buy 20 emulations!"? Who would buy 20 emulations with an average of 8,9 presets per emulation? You buy the emulation due do it's "engine", not due to the presets?

Also, in the videos they are comparing emulations (not the real hardware) against the sounds in the expansion.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:04 pm Personally I think 50 EUR for a third party expansion is too expensive, but they apparently have sales every not and then, so it's o.k. I guess. But comparing to the official expansions from Vengeance Sound, they lack a samples, drumkits and other extras. On the plus side, you'll get a custom skin, but I'm not sure if it will work with the 1.8.2 version of Avenger, I couldn't find any info about that.
In the specification they list all patches, among them you can find drums and drumkits. Indeed, there are no samples (besides drums) as they stated in the description, which also states that Avenger 1.5 or higher is required.
I'm not about advertising it here, just wanted to share my finding.
==========================
Drumkits
DR Kit CR.avgr
DR Kit CR2.avgr
DR Kit CR3.avgr
DR Kit ELKA Drumstar.avgr
DR Kit EMU SP12.avgr
DR Kit KORG Minipops.avgr
DR Kit MOOG Modular.avgr
DR Kit OB DMX 1.avgr
DR Kit Vermona.avgr
DR Kit Wurlitzer.avgr

=========================
Drums
DR Attack Noise.avgr
DR Noise Blasts.avgr
DR Noisy.avgr
DR Taiko Analog.avgr

Clearly if I buy a bank for Kontakt I expect samples and buying it in part for the samples, but for me I wouldn't buy an Avenger Bank or even a Falcon (which factory banks do come with samples and are less expensive in cost) or Omnisphere bank because it has samples, that wouldn't be the selling point for me....actually if the option is to make some banks devoid of new samples and sell at a cheaper cost, I would more likely buy it.
rsp
sound sculptist

DanielPL wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:14 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:04 pm Personally I think 50 EUR for a third party expansion is too expensive, but they apparently have sales every not and then, so it's o.k. I guess. But comparing to the official expansions from Vengeance Sound, they lack a samples, drumkits and other extras. On the plus side, you'll get a custom skin, but I'm not sure if it will work with the 1.8.2 version of Avenger, I couldn't find any info about that.
In the specification they list all patches, among them you can find drums and drumkits. Indeed, there are no samples (besides drums) as they stated in the description, which also states that Avenger 1.5 or higher is required.
I'm not about advertising it here, just wanted to share my finding.
Drumkits
DR Kit CR.avgr
DR Kit CR2.avgr
DR Kit CR3.avgr
DR Kit ELKA Drumstar.avgr
DR Kit EMU SP12.avgr
DR Kit KORG Minipops.avgr
DR Kit MOOG Modular.avgr
DR Kit OB DMX 1.avgr
DR Kit Vermona.avgr
DR Kit Wurlitzer.avgr

Drums
DR Attack Noise.avgr
DR Noise Blasts.avgr
DR Noisy.avgr
DR Taiko Analog.avgr
I didn't look close enough to see the drumkits, so that is good. And as I was saying, listening to the demo it doesn't sound bad at all. But the quality of the official expansions are so good that I wouldn't trade with 3rd party expansion priced at 50 EUR. I have been "burned" so many times buying 3rd party expansions/soundsets for my synth plugins. For instance, the Avenger expansions (or soundsets for any synth) from Vandalism Sounds, worst crap there is. But maybe they just doesn't suite me.

Btw, there is an official Analog XP for Avenger as well.

Anyway, for 30 EUR Encounters Media expansions would be a good buy, so thanks for the tip, I will look for upcoming sales :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I want say official RESPECT to the support (Andre Keilwerth). I think with have to give bonus to people who deserve it. So my turn i had today a TeamViewer session with Andre and he was looking into my problem with much patience. He did try to help as much as possible and he also called Rene (who is in holidays) and didn't refuse to help as much as he could. To my problem as i said before, after installing version 1.8.2 Cubase says: "Could not create plugin instance". 99% the problem is my CPU that is not compatible with SSE 4 because it's an older CPU. (AMD pheanom x4 955 black edition). Anyway he said we will find a solution because i cannot afford now a new PC.
THANK you support for taking the time to look into my problem. Best support by far for ME until now. Let's hope we find a solution.

Does anyone had this problem too?
I have already updated Avenger and activated with VMAN but i only get this message. :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Demuvi wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:47 am Does anyone had this problem too?
I have already updated Avenger and activated with VMAN but i only get this message. :o
I would say login to your account and try to activate your Computer manually. There is a offline activation section

laz wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:59 am
Demuvi wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:47 am Does anyone had this problem too?
I would say login to your account and try to activate your Computer manually. There is a offline activation section. Maybe some error from V-man

Hmm. Now I can open it again. But I have to add that I deleted the older VPS Avenger versions from the VST directory.
Could this be the problem?

So if you have this problem in the future, check if you still have some older versions installed in your folder and delete them.

That could fix the problem.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Return to “Instruments”