Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

vulpes777 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:52 pm Sooo...JD-800 has been updated to version 1.0.1. Any idea where could I find the release notes?

I doubt they have updated the filter and the erratic behavior I had noticed with the TVA attack is still there.

Regards,

--
Marco
I'm wondering as well. Can't Roland issue update notes?

I don't like Roland Cloud, but I liked a video about ZENOLOGY.

Could anyone please help me to know what are the differences between ZENOLOGY and ZENOLOGY PRO? I am not seeing a clear comparison anywhere. I don't care about the additional soundpacks, individual instruments, etc. Just the ZENOLOGY software and its factory content.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:58 am I don't like Roland Cloud, but I liked a video about ZENOLOGY.

Could anyone please help me to know what are the differences between ZENOLOGY and ZENOLOGY PRO? I am not seeing a clear comparison anywhere. I don't care about the additional soundpacks, individual instruments, etc. Just the ZENOLOGY software and its factory content.
The difference is that Zenology is more like a pure Rompler (Preset player), and Zen Pro gives you access to the full engine so you can make your own sounds from the PCM samples and the built in Synth engine.

D-Fusion wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:19 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:58 am I don't like Roland Cloud, but I liked a video about ZENOLOGY.

The difference is that Zenology is more like a pure Rompler (Preset player), and Zen Pro gives you access to the full engine so you can make your own sounds from the PCM samples and the built in Synth engine.
Okay, thanks. I see in the specs that the number of sounds and drum kits are same for both but ZENOLOGY PRO would provide deeper access for editing and sound design, right?

Perhaps the Core Plan would be good if I just want to use the sounds, which are plenty. Do they add more free sounds over time?

Also, I assume ZENOLOGY PRO lifetime key won't go on sale just yet since it is still new? The full price is $220.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:42 am

Okay, thanks. I see in the specs that the number of sounds and drum kits are same for both but ZENOLOGY PRO would provide deeper access for editing and sound design, right?

Perhaps the Core Plan would be good if I just want to use the sounds, which are plenty. Do they add more free sounds over time?

Also, I assume ZENOLOGY PRO lifetime key won't go on sale just yet since it is still new? The full price is $220.
That is correct (It works more like a standard Rompler/Player).

I don't think it will go on sale soon except for when you buy the Analog model Collection bundle which also includes Zen Pro in the package.

They do add som new sounds from time to time and with the Core Subscription you also get to use all the SRX Expansion and soundpacks inside Zenology the only thing that is not included is the Model expansions.

D-Fusion wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:22 am

I don't think it will go on sale soon except for when you buy the Analog model Collection bundle which also includes Zen Pro in the package.

They do add som new sounds from time to time and with the Core Subscription you also get to use all the SRX Expansion and soundpacks inside Zenology the only thing that is not included is the Model expansions.
Okay, thanks again for the clarification. Yeah, that bundle is available for $499. I joined in for the monthly trial, as the first month is free, to see if I like it enough. Immediately went to drum kits and they sound excellent. I mean for such a small installation footprint the quality of sounds in general is great. Not a fan of subscription/cloud models, but $3.7/month (incl. tax) is not bad. Will see how it goes. :)

I know this about the Boutique but I just got the JD-08 and I was wondering if someone out there will make a Librarian/Editor for it that convert and read JD-800 Patches as well as patches made with the Roland Cloud plugin?

Chrisk-K wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:51 am
vulpes777 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:52 pm Sooo...JD-800 has been updated to version 1.0.1. Any idea where could I find the release notes?

I doubt they have updated the filter and the erratic behavior I had noticed with the TVA attack is still there.

Regards,

--
Marco
Hi, Marco and Chrisk-K! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Great question. The Roland Cloud JD-800 1.01 update primarily features improved patch data and bank file (.bin) handling. Now, the JD-800 correctly ignores incompatible patches and bank files. Thanks!

Captain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:57 am I had the real JD-800 for several years, "//As discussed here, for some strange reason the filter in the plugin (both Zenology & dedicated) is not identical to the hardware (the cutoff does not go as high). Also, everyone seems to forget that the JD-800 also had a percussion section, which is completely missing from the plugin.
bit worried what you said about the original filter not being the same in the SW version. considering a filter is like at least 30-40% of the sound of a synth; how you are able to tweak that filter is extremely important. and if the SW version doesnt go as high as the hardware, kinda feels a bit scary.
with this limitation, would you still recommend it as sounding true to the original?

Brian.McClelland wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:11 am

Regards,

--
Marco
Hi, Marco and Chrisk-K! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Great question. The Roland Cloud JD-800 1.01 update primarily features improved patch data and bank file (.bin) handling. Now, the JD-800 correctly ignores incompatible patches and bank files. Thanks!
The Rename button's spelling was fixed, but the Dan Solaris bank still messes up the name field in the JD-800. Letters are written over each other in parts of it.
name field.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:35 am

Okay, thanks again for the clarification. Yeah, that bundle is available for $499. I joined in for the monthly trial, as the first month is free, to see if I like it enough. Immediately went to drum kits and they sound excellent. I mean for such a small installation footprint the quality of sounds in general is great. Not a fan of subscription/cloud models, but $3.7/month (incl. tax) is not bad. Will see how it goes. :)
Zenology Lite is available in the free account, but I am not sure how much it has presets/sounds-wise.

Examigan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:37 am

Regards,

--
Marco
The Rename button's spelling was fixed, but the Dan Solaris bank still messes up the name field in the JD-800. Letters are written over each other in parts of it.

name field.jpg
That's because the actual bank name is so long it overlaps with the tuning information at the top right. I don't think much can be done besides renaming the bank to something more manageable like "Don Solaris".

Examigan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:46 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:35 am

Zenology Lite is available in the free account, but I am not sure how much it has presets/sounds-wise.
It only has Bank A which is a great collection of a few selected presets from the different banks (Like a best of Presets).

I don't Remember the exact number but i believe it is around 160 Presets and soon you want more anyway ;)

vulpes777 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:52 am
Examigan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:37 am

Regards,

--
Marco

name field.jpg
That's because the actual bank name is so long it overlaps with the tuning information at the top right. I don't think much can be done besides renaming the bank to something more manageable like "Don Solaris".
Yep that’s what I did, but they didn’t notice it I guess.

Regards,

--
Marco
Hopefully someday they can add sys-ex import also.

Return to “Instruments”