Mac OS Monterey - Plugin Compatibility

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UVI released a new version of Relayer today that passes Validation in logic. Works fine on M1/Monterey

Nimbus and R4 do not work in Monterey - and if you have either instantiated in logic - that session will not open - crash!

Jeez, i literally bought R2, R4 and nimbus a few months ago and now screwed… hope i can sell these on :x

I jumped from Sierra to Monterey, rather foolishly I guess but I'm between projects.

Logic was crashing hard with a few existing projects, turns out R4 was to blame; Phoenixverb still works.

Pretty obviously I need to replace both. I use Phoenix a lot, that one will hurt a bit.

I have the built-in Logic verbs, while I do use Space Designer some I am sorry to say I haven't really tried Chromaverb all that much. I know it fared pretty well in a Spitfire blind shootout, so I really should. I'm going to demo 7th heaven and maybe a couple others and see if Chromaverb can compete at all.

That aside, any replacements people favor for Phoenix (transparent imo) and R4 (big rich lexicon sound I guess)? I used the plate algos a lot so I'm considering a plate-only as well.

Edit: the mention of Tai Chi has me looking at that also....but ugh just saw ilok cloud or key only, so probably not.

Edit: True Iron appears to be working fine now. I had a crash yesterday the first time I used it, either it was a coincidence or it's not consistently a problem.

Kazrog does have a warning about Monterey, so any issues I have are on me for upgrading.

Edit again: after messing in a session, it appears that stereo True Iron crashes Logic immediately. I'm able to use it on mono tracks.

If none of the Exponential stuff gets updated, I think I’m done with izotope. Excalibur in particular I use all the time.

Maybe they can sell the legacy plugins back to him and keep the IP…

Jmf1928 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:44 pm If none of the Exponential stuff gets updated, I think I’m done with izotope. Excalibur in particular I use all the time.
it's unique too. there's nothing else like it.

dayjob wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:51 pm
Jmf1928 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:44 pm If none of the Exponential stuff gets updated, I think I’m done with izotope. Excalibur in particular I use all the time.
It is! It’s properly deep with a killer set of presets. How do they keep selling things they don’t plan to support?

Jmf1928 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:10 pm
dayjob wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:51 pm
It is! It’s properly deep with a killer set of presets. How do they keep selling things they don’t plan to support?
Greedy B*st*rds!

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:57 pm
sQeetz wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:35 am That was my experience. yep.
I'll have to correct myself: not everything is working. Both XLN plugins I have don't work properly. Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums. They play allright, but the GUI is just black.
On the other hand: Softube plugins now work with OpenGL enabled, what leads them to run a lot smoother than before.
I'm surprised Open GL is still supported on Monterey - weren't they going to phase it out on Mac?
I can confirm from the developer-side that Apple tagged Open GL as 'deprecated' already many years ago and replaced it with 'Metal'. 'Deprecated' does mean that you should not longer use it in your code, since the technology will not longer be supported in the future. However many plugins depend on Open GL, as the big framework developers (Steinberg VSTgui 4, JUCE, etc) ignored Apple's warning. As a result lots of plugins might stop operating with upcoming MacOS releases

so far the Exponential verbs are the main casualties on M1 Monterey, are we to understand they are not gonna happen? Has anyone got any of the EA stuff loaded on an M1 running Monterey?

I should add - iZotope have updated VocalSynth2 to work on Monterey. Heck, even Vinyl works on Monterey now (with a new GUI), so perhaps the EA stuff will get an update?

I have Phoenixverb running on an M1Pro under both Ableton Live 11 Stable (rosetta) and 11.10 beta. only the AU version seems to work.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Anybody using Roland Cloud on M1Pro/Monterey?

It's all 'native' on Logic/AU, but any plugin using ACB is buggered. Romplers seem fine (eg. XV5080), but all analog synths will pin one core to 100% (even when idle), and as a result will crackle and pop like mad, everything from Juno 106 to drum machines. (And it's always the same physical core that gets hammered).

the VST2 and 3 Kazrog plugins are running fine here, OS12.1, macbook pro 2021

so the Kazrog AU are crashing, the Exponential Audio AU are working!? :D

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”