The AI DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

easy enough to train midi generators for this eg something like Riffer could have a training mode where it generates riffs and , based on your acceptances and rejections, gradually prunes what it presents. Could do this across target styles.

Probably something like this is already available - I'd be surprised if it hadnt been done as a student project many times

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

What you want is Band-in-a-Box. It’s been around for 30 years.

There seems to be a common theme that runs through all of your topics, which is you don’t really enjoy creating music. Life is too short to do stuff you don’t really enjoy. Think about that.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:19 pm What you want is Band-in-a-Box. It’s been around for 30 years.

There seems to be a common theme that runs through all of your topics, which is you don’t really enjoy creating music. Life is too short to do stuff you don’t really enjoy. Think about that.
This is off topic, but FYI.. without repeating my musical history yet again, I've been creating music for 40 years, essentially.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Sure, I’m not saying you haven’t been. But you do seem bored with it, based on the topics you create. :shrug:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:19 pm What you want is Band-in-a-Box. It’s been around for 30 years.

Jamcat makes a good point. I've realized over the course of the last two years: I absolutely LOVE music (I've always known this). I truly enjoy learning about the technology ins and outs, and I love being on the cutting edge of learning and using Linux Pro Audio (Linux is fun!). I like playing with my equipment and learning and playing songs that others have written. But, I find actual music creation process difficult. And worse, I absolutely hate regular practicing. I've been doing this since the early 90s, and I am only now learning about myself enough to truly realize that I don't like composing songs!! :oops:

EDIT: ....which is probably why I spend my time here at KVR and on Linux sites! :lol:
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Synthack wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:02 pm It would be interesting to use neural networks to analyze a track you make and then offer "suggestions" all with in a DAW.
This is where AI is going to end up in DAWs first. Analyze a track, suggest plugins and plugin settings (similar to iZotope's Neutron and Ozone and the Smart-EQ/Comp-plugins) but on a DAW level, much more integrated.

One step further would be suggestions for the production and the arrangement. "Your vocal is clouded, why not move this pad sound up an octave".

Another area that's been hinted at in recent years that might be something driven by neural networks is timbre replacement. Andrew Huang did a video on Google's timbre transfer two years ago that showed the enormous potential for sound design in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8CdZxWj--A

Young people go out and buy the DAW their favorite musician claims to use, in the hopes of following in their footsteps. As that usually doesn't work out, the next step is retiring from music to appoint one's self as the "internet product manager" of one or more DAWs. :hihi:

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:46 pm

This is off topic, but FYI.. without repeating my musical history yet again, I've been creating music for 40 years, essentially.
So you started making music at age 3 ?
We have a real multifaceted prodigy in our midst .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:46 pm .. without repeating my musical history yet again...
You've been on rinse-and-repeat mode near full-time these days. Don't hold back now. Give us all another refresher.

Wait, I always thought that’s what the demo songs were for. Are we supposed to make our own music with DAWs?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:11 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:46 pm

So you started making music at age 3 ?
We have a real multifaceted prodigy in our midst .
bit of a late starter.
i got my first rattle when i was a few weeks old. moved on to animal noise keyboards and 1 octave glockenspiel not long after ..

I skipped all those and went straight for the double bass @ age 1
Amiga at age 2 , 3D design at age 3
I am a prodigy and a( facebook) friend with the presonus dev. team
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:04 am I skipped all those and went straight for the double bass @ age 1
Amiga at age 2 , 3D design at age 3
I am a prodigy and a( facebook) friend with the presonus dev. team
Is this you? Do you have enough time to make music beside going to primary school?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz86lwZNS-Q

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”