Tal J-8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gas Giant - TAL J-8 Presets TAL-J-8

Although I really like the idea of CLAP, I don’t really see it replacing anything anytime soon.
People claiming it being the next big thing are being delusional IMHO. It’s never gonna get much traction. Hope I’m wrong, though…
void main(dumb)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:53 pm 1. Try the VST2 version instead of VST3, or use Studio One's Control Link functionality. I believe proper MIDI Learn was only just recently added to the VST3 spec and it's possible it's not implemented in TAL's VST3's.

2. Restricting parameter ranges is not available. A few companies offer it, but I'd say most do not.
Vst3 should use less cpu when not used. From my observation it works with a couple of plugins but with other it don't work (for instance B-3X). This could be useful with split sounds or song scenes with several instruments.

Did the Jupiter-8 have different versions with different background colors? I've seen some pictures where it's sort of alight grey and some that look darker grey/brown. I think a lighter background option would be nice, more along the lines of the lighter grey hardware unit I've seen. I feel like the controls would be easier to see. Can't imagine that would be a hard option? Just a single background color.

I believe there were. There was a 12-bit version and a 14-bit version (talking control boards here). I suspect the latter is the darker looking one, but that part I'm not sure about.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Yeah there definitely seems to be two different shades.
One's more grey:
https://youtu.be/Ro9bSmtzYC8?t=323

The other darker with more brown in it (like J-8):
https://youtu.be/5KV2O9bphM4?t=118

You sure that isn't just a difference in lighting and post production edit?
I never really a/b'ed them but back in the day I don't remember going wow, this one looks so different in colour than others.
Certainly from the gearspace photo above, the side handles are different (that could user installed) but the colours look very much the same to me.

rsp
sound sculptist

It could just be lighting. Could be Arturia’s GUI is light gray and some of us just assume that must’ve been the OG color, and then you see black ones and think “oh, maybe it came in gray and black!”

The thought probably crossed my mind. I certainly thought there were Arturia colored Jupiter-8’s. Now I’m thinking that’s not the case at all! :oops:

OK, so it’s good to know I’m not the only one who always wondered if it came in more than one shade :phew:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Never crossed my mind till today :).
From memory I only remember one colour, the darker colour.. looking black.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:50 pm You sure that isn't just a difference in lighting and post production edit?
I never really a/b'ed them but back in the day I don't remember going wow, this one looks so different in colour than others.
Certainly from the gearspace photo above, the side handles are different (that could user installed) but the colours look very much the same to me.

rsp
Could be lighting I guess, but so often the darker images and videos look almost brown (like J-8?). But there are plenty of photos out there that look only grey like this:

RE: post above this, pretty sure that's just the same color under a brighter light.

J-8 needs a room light brightness control then ;)

mholloway wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:17 am RE: post above this, pretty sure that's just the same color under a brighter light.
Could get brown if exposed to sun light, or to smoke… I mean these machines are around 40 years old…

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:50 am Image
I just gotta say: that is one CLEAN-ASS Jupiter 8! Damn!

Return to “Instruments”