Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wotja 22 Pro Wotja: Generative Music System

DarkStar wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:03 pm Thank you Pete, it sounds like you are taking care of Microsoft's attempts to control us all :)
Hi! I'm trying :)
I presume that pasting the VST3 into a sub-folder will be OK, e.g. C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Intermorphic\
You can certainly do this, if you want. However, the Wotja app wouldn't find the VST3 there, so it would annoyingly ask you about copying (to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3) on app start-up!

Best wishes, Pete

^^^
at the moment? ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:20 pm ^^^
at the moment? ;)
You can certainly put it there now if you want; but personally, I’d not put in a sub folder as that wouldn’t work with the app’s update detection mechanism in 22.0.9 :)

Pete

DarkStar wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:03 pm Thank you Pete, it sounds like you are taking care of Microsoft's attempts to control us all :)

I presume that pasting the VST3 into a sub-folder will be OK, e.g. C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Intermorphic\
That's exactly what I had done! Works great! :D

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Intermorphic\Wotja22Pro.vst3".
Windows 10 and too many plugins

impete wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:55 pm but personally, I’d not put in a sub folder as that wouldn’t work with the app’s update detection mechanism in 22.0.9 :)
Pete, thanks for the heads up! :tu:

impete wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:24 am
TR5 Sunset Sound Studio Reverb.vst3 (5.8.0)
WaveShell1-VST3 12.6_x64.vst3
WaveShell1-VST3 12.7_x64.vst3
WaveShell1-VST3 13.0_x64.vst3
WaveShell1-VST3 13.1_x64.vst3
WaveShell2-VST3 13.0_x64.vst3
The VST3 plugs above scanned OK here on Wotja22 Pro 22.0.6.

tatanka wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:44 pm Result: still crashes, this is use-/endless without a logfile saying WHICH plugin exactly causes the crash. Especially as while it crashes all working plugins which passed the scan are lost again. Really no use for scanning with this version, hoping the next one will have a (working) logfile.....
On Window, you can actually use the EventViewer to determine which plugin caused the crash. For example, Simple Concept.vst causes a Wotja crash on my system. The following is the eventlog entry corresponding to the crash:

Faulting application name: Wotja 22 Pro.exe, version: 22.0.6.0, time stamp: 0x61d5f5ba
Faulting module name: Simple Concept.vst3, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f15cd51
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000039d6b5
Faulting process ID: 0x1d10
Faulting application start time: 0x01d80afdd0567913
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Intermorphic.WotjaPro22_22.0.6.0_x64__2dswjjh8nep0p\Wotja 22 Pro.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Simple Concept.vst3
Report ID: 8222eecf-29b6-42ea-8a0a-93bf465cc0ed
Faulting package full name: Intermorphic.WotjaPro22_22.0.6.0_x64__2dswjjh8nep0p
Faulting package-relative application ID: WOTJA22PRO

In this case, it is clear that C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Simple Concept.vst3 is the problem plugin...and should be added to your list, Pete (I think it was at one point).

zzz00m wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:51 pm
TR5 Sunset Sound Studio Reverb.vst3 (5.8.0)
The WaveShell plugins are a special case in that they will contain multiple plugins in one file. So it may be hard to determine which Wave plugin is problematic if a WaveShell causes a crash. The WaveShells may not cause a crash on one system because they do not contain problematic plugins but may crash on another system because they do have a problematic plugin.

courtjestr wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 pm On Window, you can actually use the EventViewer to determine which plugin caused the crash. For example, Simple Concept.vst causes a Wotja crash on my system. The following is the eventlog entry corresponding to the crash
That would work, but all I'm typically getting on a failed VST3 scan is a "poof" crash. The application Window suddenly disappears, without generating a Windows crash log containing an exception code and faulting module.

Hi folks: we're building-up a list of 3rd party VST3 plug-ins that can crash on scan, I think this is the current list to check for:

AmpliTube 4.vst3
ANIMATE.vst3
Auto-Tune EFX.vst3
Harmony Engine 4x.vst3
Union.vst3 - note this works for some users
Schoeps Double MS.vst3
Simple Concept.vst3
TR5 Sunset Sound Studio Reverb.vst3 - note that 5.8.0 is said to be OK, so make sure you're updated!
WaveShell1-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3 - see note from @courtjestr!
WaveShell1-VST3 12.6_x64.vst3 - see note from @courtjestr!
WaveShell1-VST3 12.7_x64.vst3 - see note from @courtjestr!
WaveShell1-VST3 13.0_x64.vst3 - see note from @courtjestr!
WaveShell1-VST3 13.1_x64.vst3 - see note from @courtjestr!
WaveShell2-VST3 13.0_x64.vst3 - see note from @courtjestr!
WaveShell3-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3 - see note from @courtjestr!
WaveShell4-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3 - see note from @courtjestr!
WaveShell5-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3 - see note from @courtjestr!

Note from @courtjestr "The WaveShell plugins are a special case in that they will contain multiple plugins in one file. So it may be hard to determine which Wave plugin is problematic if a WaveShell causes a crash. The WaveShells may not cause a crash on one system because they do not contain problematic plugins but may crash on another system because they do have a problematic plugin."

NB: if anybody else can add to this list, do please share the info here!

Hi Pete,

I'm really enjoying Wotja and have a (hopefully) small feature request for sometime after the important stuff... It's really nice that you can pick a picture to display while playing Wotja. Please could you have the option of picking multiple pictures so we can have a slideshow running while it's playing? Actually, being able to pick video would be cool as well!

zzz00m wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:06 pm
courtjestr wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 pm On Window, you can actually use the EventViewer to determine which plugin caused the crash. For example, Simple Concept.vst causes a Wotja crash on my system. The following is the eventlog entry corresponding to the crash
That would work, but all I'm typically getting on a failed VST3 scan is a "poof" crash. The application Window suddenly disappears, without generating a Windows crash log containing an exception code and faulting module.
I checked Event Viewer on my system and, no, nothing logged regarding VST3 scan crashes. Is the Simple Concept.vst crash happening when inserted? Separate issues perhaps.

omphalocentric wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:20 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:06 pm
I checked Event Viewer on my system and, no, nothing logged regarding VST3 scan crashes. Is the Simple Concept.vst crash happening when inserted? Separate issues perhaps.
Nope. During a plugin scan. Wotja goes poof and disappears during the scan. And that generated the event. But I just tried the same thing with Union.vst and also got a poof crash but no Application Event Log error was generated, so your mileage may very.

zzz00m wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:51 pm
Good point and I realised that I had previously just moved all of the Waveshells en-masse to get rid of the crashing problem.

So, this morning I tested each one of the nine in my VST3 folder by adding them back individually until I got a crash and there was only one which caused a crash:

WaveShell5-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3

Of course there is the other issue raised by @courtjestr that my WaveShell5-VST3 10.0_x64 will probably include a different set of Waves plugins than other people's. So it needs some kind of catchall for Waveshells.

FYI, my TR5 Sunset Sound Studio Reverb.vst3 (5.8.0) also scans fine.

ZincT wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:31 am
Of course there is the other issue raised by @courtjestr that my WaveShell5-VST3 10.0_x64 will probably include a different set of Waves plugins than other people's. So it needs some kind of catchall for Waveshells.
On Windows, I have found a method to identify the plugins contained in a specific Waveshell by using a quirk in Ableton Live's plugin browser.

By default, the Live plugin browser lists all of the installed VST2 Waveshells, where you can expand each to see the individual plugins within.

Just be aware that Live only lists all single VST3 plugins under the general "Waves" category, and does not list them by Waveshell.

But on my PC I compared the Waveshells in the VST2 and VST3 paths, and they have the same version numbers, so assume that both paths contain the same plugins in each Waveshell with the same version number. So by looking at the contents of the VST2 Waveshells, they should equal the contents for the VST3 Waveshells. It's a bit roundabout, but if you are trying to narrow down what is in your Waveshells it might be worth a try.

Return to “Instruments”