Lazy developers exposed by Apple M1 transition (lack of native updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS 5

My degrees are in Aquatic Sciences and Ecotoxicology. Did I win, or do you want my full CV? More importantly, I have a long list of things to do this week - is that because I’m lazy, or something else?

And YOU are the one making the absurd claim. It’s not incumbent upon me or anyone else to disprove it. Toss out your own null, dude. :hihi:
Last edited by cryophonik on Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

One might argue (me to myself) that participating in this inane thread is a form of laziness, if not work-avoidance. :lol:

cryophonik wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:06 am My degrees are in Aquatic Sciences and Ecotoxicology. Did I win, or do you want my full CV? More importantly, I have a long list of things to do this week - is that because I’m lazy, or something else?
If you don’t complete the list of things you have to do this week, one could argue that it’s because you are lazy.

When task start to pile up rather than get crossed off the to do list, procrastination and laziness are “usually” the culprit!

kidslow wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:08 am One might argue (me to myself) that participating in this inane thread is a form of laziness, if not work-avoidance. :lol:
I would have to agree with you there! Lol I have a long list of projects to get done for next week and yet here I am smh :help:

kidslow wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:08 am One might argue (me to myself) that participating in this inane thread is a form of laziness, if not work-avoidance. :lol:
For me, it’s because I’m in the couch with a head cold and watching the 49ers beat Dallas (I hope),… IOW, complete laziness
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

h2ogun99 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:24 amWhat a bitter, angry soul you are. You hide behind an old Front 242 lookalike pic and a GRRRRRRRR. Go play with your grandkids and find some joy.
If you can't see that guy's bias, you're blind. Everything he posts is about Apple. What he's saying doesn't carry one-tenth the weight of the article I linked to, which compares a good range of products from several different vendors, not just on old computer with a new one. Every new computer is going to be much faster than the one it replaces, for as long as Moore's Law still holds true. That's why we keep buying new computers, isn't it?
Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 amYou're just being obtuse now.
No, maybe you're just being thick? But the clown I was responding to is clearly clueless when it comes to serious processing power. Maybe Apple will come up with something to replace the Xeons in the MacPro but, if I were you guys, I wouldn't be holding my breath. In the meantime, I'll guarantee that the latest Xeon powered boxes will run rings around anything equipped with Apple silicon. And that's the kind of computing power I use every day, so there is simply no way I am going to be impressed by an M1 Max powered laptop, which is the thing we were discussing at the time.
(which is something you can legitimately criticise, unlike your pointless M1 rants)
So it's not "legitimate" to link to a detailed comparison article, from a reputable source, that clearly shows that Apple's M1 is easily bested by both Intel and AMD processors for certain tasks and there is no benchmark in which the M1 isn't beaten by at least one of the other processors? Can you explain exactly how that's not "legitimate", because it is the most legitimate comparison test I've been able to find, for reasons I have explained to you in the past, when you have linked to benchmarks that offer no detail about how or what they tested.

What makes my argument totally legitimate is that you can go through the article I have based my opinion on with a fine-toothed comb and if there is anything they have not done fairly, you can poke holes in it. But you can't do that, because it's all been done perfectly fairly, so instead you want to get stuck into me. Sorry pal, that doesn't change the facts, which are black and white (or red, blue and black on white when you look at the graphs).
Do you even know what makes xeon "workstation grade" and not consumer?
Well, there are many things to do with reliablity and other enterprise considerations but what makes them more powerful is more cores, more threads, larger caches and more PCI express lanes than Intel's Core line of CPUs. As I said, my workstation has 16 processor cores and 32 threads. The machines we run Autodesk Flame on have double that - 32 cores and 64 threads. They are absolute f**king beasts!
people have different workflows and preferences, can't you please accept that already?
i have a separate live room for recording, because it's an actual studio.
And I have a choice of 6 different V/O booths and access to a control room if I wanted to complicate matters but I don't need to f**k around with that because fan noise is simply not an issue any more.
In my case lack of fan noise means i don't have to bother with isobox or Machine Room, which simplifies my setup a lot.
And I'm telling that it would be the same with any modern computer but you don't want to hear that because it doesn't fit the reality distortion bubble you live in.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:13 am When task start to pile up rather than get crossed off the to do list, procrastination and laziness are “usually” the culprit!
You’re wrong on multiple levels and you failed my test of your scientific aptitude. First, I never said they were “piling up”, so you failed the reading and comprehension part. Second, you interjected your own interpretation, so you’re not objective. And, you failed to consider alternate explanations, which, in my case, are that my long list of tasks include 14 meetings scheduled this week, plus two site visits for new studies. These are future events that will be crossed off my to-do list as they are completed, so laziness is not even a consideration.

Here’s a tip: stop pretending that you know anything about science. You don’t. And this isn’t science.

Can we bring the name "PowerPC" back for macs again, that was cool

cryophonik wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:41 am
SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:13 am When task start to pile up rather than get crossed off the to do list, procrastination and laziness are “usually” the culprit!
You’re wrong on multiple levels and you failed my test of your scientific aptitude. First, I never said they were “piling up”, so you failed the reading and comprehension part. Second, you interjected your own interpretation, so you’re not objective. And, you failed to consider alternate explanations, which, in my case, are that my long list of tasks include 14 meetings scheduled this week, plus two site visits for new studies. These are future events that will be crossed off my to-do list as they are completed, so laziness is not even a consideration.

Here’s a tip: stop pretending that you know anything about science. You don’t. And this isn’t science.
First off, you didn’t specify if they were future events. Second, if you fail to complete those task, it is reasonable to consider that laziness or procrastination may potentially be the cause. I didn’t say laziness would be the only cause. Reread what I wrote and before criticizing my reading and comprehension, you should definitely check your own.

To throw out laziness and procrastination as a cause is foolish. No scientist worth his salt thinks that way. Yet I’m the one without scientific literacy here? Ok lol.

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:20 am Yet I’m the one without scientific literacy here? Ok lol.
Yes, we finally agree. Good luck with the lazy developers. :hug:

cryophonik wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:23 am
SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:20 am Yet I’m the one without scientific literacy here? Ok lol.
Yes, we finally agree. Good luck with the lazy developers. :hug:
I know it hurts to have a musician show a bit more scientific literacy than you, I’ll leave you be :hihi:

But in the words of my man Neil Degrasse Tyson, you just got a “degrass kickin” :)

Take care!

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.... ...

You forget that I’m also a far more accomplished musician than you. My first degree was in music theory and composition and my professional resume is older than you. Touche’ :P

cryophonik wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:40 am You forget that I’m also a far more accomplished musician than you. My first degree was in music theory and composition and my professional resume is older than you. Touche’ :P
No, you’re not lol. Produce AND write a few #1 records on mainstream major label artist across multiple genres, then we can talk :)

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:01 am
cryophonik wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:40 am You forget that I’m also a far more accomplished musician than you. My first degree was in music theory and composition and my professional resume is older than you. Touche’ :P
No, you’re not lol. Produce AND write a few #1 records on mainstream major label artist across multiple genres, then we can talk :)
Aha! Paris Hilton! I KNEW it!!!

Return to “Effects”