Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V still recommendable?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

parnarules wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:09 am Despite its old GUI, it is a joy to program your own sounds on it. I have never used a real PPG but I understand now why this synth is such a classic.

Even before effects, the core sound blew me away. Then you add the layering, being able to have as many voices as you want without worrying about freezing your CPU, having access to all the original wavetables+samples...
This is why it's still one of my favorite synths. It's so easy to get usable sounds out of it with minimal effort and it's just sounds so good. I have mapped it mapped to my MIDI controller and it's a joy to program it.
No signature here!

Is this currently available for a good price (<$50) anywhere?

bharris22 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:25 am Is this currently available for a good price (<$50) anywhere?
Not any more. It was 29$ at Audiodeluxe a week ago.
No signature here!

It’s $29 again at audioplugins.deals. They aren’t making a big deal of it though.

"Current price: $156".

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Yes, their great system which noone understands. I'm passing.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:11 pm Yes, their great system which noone understands. I'm passing.
ZHOO VILL NOT QVESTION ZE ALGO-R-R-R-R-RIZM!!

Well... if I understand their system correctly, you can get it for the base price of $29.99... if you spend about $1.200 with them in the past (it says that you get 10% of every dollar you spend as reward points, that would be $0.10 then).

I will leave it up to personal consideration if that's a deal worth mentioning.

That page is imo the most sh*tty palce to buy software.
Their reward system is completely cr*ppy.

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:24 pm That page is imo the most sh*tty palce to buy software.
Their reward system is completely cr*ppy.
Their reward system sucks ass, but the deals are often pretty good.
A well-behaved signature.

Yeah, Largo for $29.99 was quite a no-brainer. Would have bought it, if I wouldn't already have it. :)

I can’t complain. I always ignored the rewards, but now I still could jump on any deal I might have missed… And the rewards are higher than those 10% as I never spent that high amounts… Its the deals not the rewards which let me get on it…

Return to “Instruments”