Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:44 am
Eclectrophonic wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:19 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:25 am
Jkist wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:41 am Still waiting on comping tho :P
Is that not 'consolidate clips'?
No don't think so. That's to make all clips as one. Comping is recording several takes and being able to cut, dissect, crossfade, shorten etc any parts or section of those clips to create a new comped clip.

EDIT - Just watched an In The Mix vid on Consolidate Audio and he seems to suggest that consolidating audio in the Playlist is Comping so maybe I'm wrong.
You are kinda right. ...
He is completely right... not just "kinda"... 8)

What is called comping in the "modern" way and how most others operate meanwhile, is setting up a kind of master track for multiple recording takes...
With a often called "Swipe tool" you can select individual ranges (without any overlaps) of all included takes, to puzzle together a "perfect" take of all...
The clue of all: that the "Master" track reflects any changes immediately and plays just the selected bits without allowing any gaps...
It makes working a breathe for that task...

This isn´t possible in any convinient way in FLS at all even if some devs want us believe differently...

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:24 pm Hard to tell from the release notes - did the audio engine just go 64-bit floating point?
No FL Studio supports 64-bit values for addressing WAV data. That is RF64 format:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF64

In short. Record until the next blackout stops you or you run out of disk space, whichever comes first.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Sorry for the repeat post - was wondering if Image-Line could reply on this.

Thanks in advance for any reply. Cheers all.
OzoneJunkie wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:16 pm Will the refreshed VSTs be using the new copy protection scheme, or keep the existing registry style protection?

Glad to hear there will be updates. Will Sawer, Toxic Biohazard, Poizone, Sakura see vector-based UIs, like the others? That's something I'm looking forward to the most, if so. Thanks again :)

OzoneJunkie wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:16 pm Will the refreshed VSTs be using the new copy protection scheme, or keep the existing registry style protection?
No idea at this point.

FWIW the only difference between the old and new systems is that the offline method requires a machine ID to be uploaded. The live unlock process works as it always has.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Ok, thank you. Sorry one last thing - any info about:

"Will Sawer, Toxic Biohazard, Poizone, Sakura, Morphine see vector-based UIs, like the others? That's something I'm looking forward to the most, if so"
Image-Line wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:21 pm
No idea at this point.

FWIW the only difference between the old and new systems is that the offline method requires a machine ID to be uploaded. The live unlock process works as it always has.

Could be nice to see updated Morphine with added filters. I know it's additive, but there are many additive synths with subtractive filters (or additive filters, aka NI Razor)

OzoneJunkie wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:46 pm Ok, thank you. Sorry one last thing - any info about:

"Will Sawer, Toxic Biohazard, Poizone, Sakura, Morphine see vector-based UIs, like the others? That's something I'm looking forward to the most, if so"
Yes. That is one of the main points of the project. Bring our entire codebase up to date.

Super awesome. Greatly looking forward to that. Thanks again for the replies. Cheers! :)

Image-Line wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:32 am
JonSolo wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:02 am I hated to see them abandon their VST development (but of course I don't know what their plans are, or what the future holds there).
I can tell you they are all currently being refreshed. So you will get an updated UI and bugfixes at least. No ETA.

We pulled them because, at the time we were not supporting them to the standard we require. Now we have hired a full time developer to work on them. That is happening.

If we were a cash-grab company we wouldn't have done any of this.
So does this developer go by the name Angus by any chance? :)

I have too many DAWs at this point from messing around looking at MPE implementation, but knowing Angus just started working for you folks makes me pretty excited about where FL is headed. :party:

machinesworking wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:45 am...makes me pretty excited about where FL is headed. :party:
More drop-down menus? More floating windows? More peculiar shortcuts (looking forward to combos like in fighting games...)?

"FL Studio. The Reaper of creative DAWs"
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:18 am
machinesworking wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:45 am...makes me pretty excited about where FL is headed. :party:
More drop-down menus? More floating windows? More peculiar shortcuts (looking forward to combos like in fighting games...)?

Angus Hewlett is the main developer behind FxPansion- BFD, Geist, Cypher2, Strobe and all these devices: https://fxpansion.com/legacyproducts/ The main legacy work was converting AU for people back in the day when it was Intel to PPC Mac. He just started working for Image Line a while ago. He's been a trusted by me developer for at least 15 years. I look at the interface of FL Studio and yeah it's all Greek to me, but Angus is the man IMO, Geist is almost a DAW on it's own. It's sort of like knowing that Bitwig would be solid because Claes Johanson from Vember Audio was a founding member.

machinesworking wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:05 am
antic604 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:18 am

Angus Hewlett is the main developer behind FxPansion- BFD, Geist, Cypher2, Strobe and all these devices: https://fxpansion.com/legacyproducts/ The main legacy work was converting AU for people back in the day when it was Intel to PPC Mac. He just started working for Image Line a while ago. He's been a trusted by me developer for at least 15 years. I look at the interface of FL Studio and yeah it's all Greek to me, but Angus is the man IMO, Geist is almost a DAW on it's own. It's sort of like knowing that Bitwig would be solid because Claes Johanson from Vember Audio was a founding member.
My comment wasn't about this particular dev, but rather about the overall design for FL which I don't think he was hired to revolutionise :)
Music tech enthusiast

machinesworking wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:45 am
No, he is working as our CTO, not a developer.

Image-Line wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:37 am
machinesworking wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:45 am
No, he is working as our CTO, not a developer.
Oh, so I was wrong. He might actually be the right person to revolutioninse FL's UI/UX :)
Music tech enthusiast

I only miss
GUI - Save/recall multiple work-space/window layouts (could be a few buttons on the Extra shortcut panel 3? or Menu). Extension to the 'Save custom layout' option.
GUI - Tabbed docking for PL, PR, ... windows?
parts but I've copied these entries from the 'READ BEFORE POSTING - Forum Rules / FL Studio To Do List topic " https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 00&t=20231 so not complaining ... and the black concept is cool
Image https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 7#p1688127

ps. okay a Cubase like visibility agent also would be good
but that's all
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”