TO ALL Developers of Software Plugins ! Take out Personal Informations from Plugins !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Personenbezogene Daten müssen

e) in einer Form gespeichert werden, die die Identifizierung der betroffenen Personen nur so lange ermöglicht, wie es für die Zwecke, für die sie verarbeitet werden, erforderlich ist
Da hast Du es schwarz auf weiß, Urs. Und man muss nun wirklich kein Anwalt sein, um zu verstehen, dass der Grund, den Du selbst dafür genannt hast, dass Du personenbezogene Daten auf Deinen Software-Oberflächen sichtbar machst, den hier genannten Bedingungen in keiner Weise und nicht im Entferntesten entspricht.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:07 amNo dev is allowed to display personal information on the screen!
DSGVO regulates what a business can store or tell about a customer. If a customer posts a picture with their license info, that's on their own behalf.

That said, yes, a physical address or telephone number is usually not any information a plug-in manufacturer needs to store if they sell online through resellers.

Urs wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:56 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:07 amNo dev is allowed to display personal information on the screen!
DSGVO regulates what a business can store or tell about a customer. If a customer posts a picture with their license info, that's on their own behalf.
Nope, that is your (false) interpretation of it. Look at the paragraphs I quoted above. You are in clear violation of them. There is simply no way around this fact.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:36 am
Personenbezogene Daten müssen

e) in einer Form gespeichert werden, die die Identifizierung der betroffenen Personen nur so lange ermöglicht, wie es für die Zwecke, für die sie verarbeitet werden, erforderlich ist
Da hast Du es schwarz auf weiß, Urs. Und man muss nun wirklich kein Anwalt sein, um zu verstehen, dass der Grund, den Du selbst dafür genannt hast, dass Du personenbezogene Daten auf Deinen Software-Oberflächen sichtbar machst, den hier genannten Bedingungen in keiner Weise und nicht im Entferntesten entspricht.
Das ist Quatsch. Die Information befindet sich auf dem Computer des Kunden. Wir nehmen keinen Einfluss darauf, wem dieser Kunde seinen Namen zeigt.

(Und da wir ja kostenlosen Support anbieten, müssen wir ja in der Lage sein, die Legitimität des Kunden zu überprüfen, und daraus ergibt sich ja ein klarer Zweck. Kann mir gar nicht vorstellen, wie jemand darauf kommt, dass dies nicht so wäre)
Last edited by Urs on Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

jens wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:01 am
Urs wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:56 am
Nope, that is your (false) interpretation of it. Look at the paragraphs I quoted above. You are in clear violation of them. There is simply no way around this fact.
Sure, our lawyers and data security people have missed than and random guy from the internet destroys our business model in two posts.

I'm outta here (unless used as free pass to broadcast more nonsense), sorry if I even dared to participate with my "shitty" views (that have helped more people than the harm they caused).
Last edited by Urs on Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quatsch?

Ist über eine Bildschirmaufnahme eine Identizierung des Kunden möglich?
Ja, ist sie!

Erfolgt die derartige Speicherung personenbezogener Daten Eurerseits aus dem Grund, oder zu
dem Zweck, zu welchem Ihr diese personenbezogenen Daten ursprünglich erhoben habt?
Nein, das tut sie in keiner Weise.

You may be in denial all you like. You won't manage to change the facts though.

Nochmals: Die Daten sind auf dem Computer des Kunden gespeichert.

what's the German for 'armchair lawyer?' :lol:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Hobbyjurist. ;)

You know, would like to post my opinion, but, Urs got offended by just asking for the procedure of verifying customer data in support cases, so... Seems to be a touchy topic, so, I won't be further involved.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:24 am Hobbyjurist. ;)

You know, would like to post my opinion, but, Urs got offended by just asking for the procedure of verifying customer data in support cases, so... Seems to be a touchy topic, so, I won't be further involved.
It's not touchy at all, as long as we stick to facts and not unfounded assumptions.

I still laugh at when Darren Styles and DJ Breeze were caught red handed using a cracked version of T - Racks lolz
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Urs wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:03 am
Sure, our lawyers and data security people have missed than and random guy from the internet destroys our business model in two posts.

:shock: :lol:

Wow - that's a lot of hyperbole right there. No, I am not seeking to "destroy your business".

Random guy? Well, I was just the messenger, so I would prefer "irrelevant" over "random" in that regard.

But when it comes to randomness, I would deem "random one of your customers" far more appropriate here. That is a small, but certainly not irrelevant difference.

Urs wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:31 am
chk071 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:24 am Hobbyjurist. ;)

It's not touchy at all, as long as we stick to facts and not unfounded assumptions.
Urs wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:55 am Well, for us it has helped a lot to display "registered to ..." on the init preset. Over the years, numerous people have been helped by it with their support cases. And also, numerous people have been helped to become legit - or at least, stopped from sharing warez.
How is it even possible to understand that without assuming how you work?

You throw in some pieces, and then complain about assumptions. Pretty strange IMO.

Urs wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:10 am Nochmals: Die Daten sind auf dem Computer des Kunden gespeichert.
ja, aber nicht auf eine Art und Weise, die dem Kunden die Kontrolle über die Darstellung dieser Daten erlaubt.

As I already mentioned (In German) the law is (certainly deliberately) so clear in that regard, that you really do not have to be a lawyer to comprehend it. And thus any play of the lawyer/no lawyer card here is absurd and ridiculous by default - it's merely a red herring.

Except Urs has already consulted lawyers about this and the outcome is that it's not illegal what u-he is doing. If it were, you can bet they'd change it.

Return to “Instruments”