Karoryfer Samples releases Turkish Rebab for $9

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Turkish Rebab

I've made a small, simple library of a rebab, an ancestor of the violin which looks like a fancy turned table leg. This was recorded during the Orcophony sessions, but I figured I'd make it a separate library because there's probably quite a few people who want this for Middle Eastern music and don't need the rest of the orcs.

This has three strings, but traditionally the top string (tuned same as a violin's or viola's A) is the one used for playing melodies, and the bottom two are just there for sympathetic resonance and to be occasional drones. So, to extend the capabilities, we sampled basic techniques chromatically on all three strings even if that's "wrong", and also added a transposition control so the fancy techniques on the top string are more usable in keys other than A.

The library's just 300 MB of sample content, and over 666 samples. Get it for $9 here: https://shop.karoryfer.com/products/turkish-rebab

We only take Paypal, and I know this is an instrument used in quite a few non-Paypal countries, so a non-Paypal way to buy is on the way as well.

Walkthrough:

https://youtu.be/NZVXNufrZ9c

One demo - two more, in very different styles, on the product page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKTsiK5YVOg

This looks interesting, like the chinese simple stringed instruments, the simpler ones often have saturation and are exotic sounding. Curious though, regarding Torgbe choir, oohs and ahhhs? Could be used for backup singers or is strictly in another language?

Yeah, without the extra two strings this would be very similar to instruments like the Indian ektara or the West African njarka and gonje, and even some Slavic fiddles. A very colorful sound.

As for Torgbe, sure, the vowels can be used as backing vocals in many languages. A, m and u are your typical Western choral sustains, and or is basically the Western choir oh. You can probably also find uses for some single syllables like wo. If we ever do a solo male vocal from Ghana, I want to get somebody to make a Viking-style demo of it, just to prove that it'll work.

DSmolken wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:52 pm Yeah, without the extra two strings this would be very similar to instruments like the Indian ektara or the West African njarka and gonje, and even some Slavic fiddles. A very colorful sound.

As for Torgbe, sure, the vowels can be used as backing vocals in many languages. A, m and u are your typical Western choral sustains, and or is basically the Western choir oh. You can probably also find uses for some single syllables like wo. If we ever do a solo male vocal from Ghana, I want to get somebody to make a Viking-style demo of it, just to prove that it'll work.
That sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the information. I've been needing something like this. I suppose I could use waves tune realtime to make the note changes more congruous.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”