Shade: filtery thing from UVI. :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shade Sonic Shades for UVI Shade

Mm, I'm afraid to be wrong, but it seems understand what the feature of zero CPU usage is, it seems that the case is in the tricky distribution over cores implemented under the hood, so the DAW will be zero, but the load is visible in the OS CPU meter, sometimes pretty high at one of cores, that can reproduce for example at "Comb/Flanger-BPMultiRes" algo with 96db slope, during rotate Frequency button in lower zone during processing.
It's not critical, but frankly i'd prefer to have ability to disable such multithread method (to see real cpu usage thru DAW).

I'm telling you - two things will ruin good plugins else a very long time, these are requests for resizing and multithreading. (But don't listen to my old grumbling).

Hm, i did compare with core's behavior from other plugs, it seems in Shade case it's not multithread relate nonetheless (since he actually use one of cores, but switches to another after some changes within UI - that already unusual), and the main thing, by some reason he not represent his usage at DAW cpu meter as i told. Perhaps some issue ? I mean, this behavior seems to be unintended.
But this somewhat similar in behavior to an unsuccessful attempt at multithreading.

Added: i did compare as well with latest Relayer version, at heavy redux's algos - all ok\habitually, without strange distribution.

Ok, just simple test for freeze DAW.
Load preset Moving FX > Cluster Phaze, and set in red filter max slope as 96db. And turn Frequency knob to minimum.
Sorry for so many posts, I think I'm done.

hmmm why is the GUI not so fluid? ifyou use Fabfilter Volcano or Pro-Q it is super fluid which i love.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Ok bought it anyway lol. Despite strange cpu\gpu behavior, his modulation\spatial design system too special that can be resist. Great concept, but I hope the performance implementation will be improved.

Great deal here including Shade...
https://www.image-line.com/uvi/

I can't seem to get much of a 'ratio' from the dynamic band.
I've tried every knob, Threshold Range and Depth don't seem to do much, and tried to push more input gain into the sidechain, but nothing seems to help.
It's my first try using this plugin, here I'm using a sidechain input to 'duck' with a low shelf eq. Not something i'd probably use this for as i have faster solutions for this, but something that is a head scratcher for me.

If i change the filter type, then reassign the follower to the new filter type, the dynamic function ceases. The only way to get the dynamic function back is to click on the tiny filter tab and select "make dynamic" again, which adds a new follower, so then need to delete the first follower. It's very frustrating.
Untitled.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ok found sorry, need to click and hold on the aqua coloured F2 text in the above pic, and set the follower depth from there. ...Obvously ...Not.

can achieve a max of -30dB ducking

Return to “Effects”