Arturia Minibrute 2 / moog Mother32/ patch question?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi , I own arturia Minibrute 2 , and moog Mother32 semi modular synths , I'm new to modular synths , I have the cables and ready to go. But I was wondering do I plug the patch cables from a input to a output ?
Or inputs to inputs., outputs to output ?
Last edited by Lectropunk aka influx808 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outputs to inputs ... same as audio/midi etc. Have fun 😊

Thanks bud I was afraid I was going to f**k my synths up . , I'm really looking forward to playing with my new synths, and I'm really impressed with the moog Mother32 some impressive synth here.

Also I got a behringer neutron sounds great but I'm going to sell it can't get it to sync midi with ableton

Don’t forget to mind your output levels when attaching cables :wink:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Deadly thanks for this

Lectropunk aka influx808 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:47 pm Also I got a behringer neutron sounds great but I'm going to sell it can't get it to sync midi with ableton
What's the problem?

I can't get it to be controlled by midi it's just a constant sound of the output ,I can tweak it but its something to do with midi In ableton, I'm using a native instruments kontrol audio interface with midi on the back , i got the brute and moog working by accident, also I purchased a motu midi interface too.

Are you using USB or a midi cable?

Apparently midi via usb there is some low level noise so I need a midi cable. I'm getting one tomorrow , next problem is learning how to set up my motu micro lite midi interface I'm going to plug the midi cable from the neutron to the motu midi interface

how do you have it patched?
it will send a constant sound if you don't patch in a trigger and envelope.

Sounds like that could be the problem, thanks vurt ,

Lectropunk aka influx808 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:08 pm Sounds like that could be the problem, thanks vurt ,
best advice i can offer, find some videos of people patching each machine.

there will be 100s for all of them, but just to get the basics of modular.
it can be tricky at first, but it will click soon enough, what connections you need :)
it's a great journey to be on too! but don't rush, you have more than enough there to keep you patching for a while 8)

Definitely vurt man , great Pearl's of wisdom!
Thanks again

no problem. and as tcc said, enjoy 8)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”