Trying to find which artist created...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi, back in 2009-ish (maybe 2008, but no later than 2010) I used to listen to music which exensively used/sampled Gnossienne (quite certain about that, but might might might have been Gymnopédie) by Erik Satie. I am certain it was music that was recent at the time, so it should have been produced in or just before that period. The artists (I think it was two guys, but also here I am not certain) made extensive use of glitch/mini buffering.

A long shot, but I figured maybe some here might know who this artist/these artists are called.

Thanks in advance, kind regards, Slug

Slug (37,2°) wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:25 pm hi, back in 2009-ish (maybe 2008, but no later than 2010) I used to listen to music which exensively used/sampled Gnossienne (quite certain about that, but might might might have been Gymnopédie) by Erik Satie. I am certain it was music that was recent at the time, so it should have been produced in or just before that period. The artists (I think it was two guys, but also here I am not certain) made extensive use of glitch/mini buffering.

A long shot, but I figured maybe some here might know who this artist/these artists are called.

Thanks in advance, kind regards, Slug
Can't answer your question but Gary Numan did an excellent version back in 1979.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyarB2PwxcY

From Wikipedia:
"In 1999 the chord sequence was used in the Sunship remix of the song "Flowers" by girl band Sweet Female Attitude."

Thanks erisian,

nice indeed, this Numan tune, it was not wat I am looking for. But it's good in itself. I mean the composition and also the synths used (which reminded me of Bowie's 'Low').

thecontrolcentre, thanks to you also. i will look into that. But this is too old for what i am looking for (should be electronic style and something like 2008/2009).

More suggestions welcome :-)

Regards, Slug

don't know why, but venetian snares keeps coming to mind, despite the description??

oh yeah?

You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”