Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:41 pm i dont own a single stackable cable, i refuse to pay for them. dont need them anyway. lol
Each to each.. I need them

they are integral to my use (mixing/modulating and abusing) of pulses/clocks/triggers and gates.

toonertik wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 am
pekbro wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:41 pm i dont own a single stackable cable, i refuse to pay for them. dont need them anyway. lol
Each to each.. I need them

they are integral to my use (mixing/modulating and abusing) of pulses/clocks/triggers and gates.
I prefer buffered matrices and whatnot is all.

^^ :help:

justin3am wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:10 pm Nice score Rob! ModBass 09 sounds great. The Gate input tends to be picky about the length of analog triggers, so I frequently use MIDI to trigger it. But it sounds massive!
Yeah I had the hardware Mod Bass_11 but sold it for this. I just ordered a New Pamela's Workout but all day Iv'e been planning modules on Modular Grid which again is addictive haha but I find myself stuck for a main sequencer Justin.

I quite like the TTA Circadian Rythms as it looks to be hands on with no screen diving etc however I'd have to buy an extra module just for accents.
https://tiptopaudio.com/circadian-rhythms/

I'm looking for a dedicated modular sequencer just for drums alone, any hints?
Once I sell some more gear I intend on investing in the Intellijel Atlantis and Metropolix, they seem a very good match together, a 101 and a 2 track sequencer with lots of potential.

There's an absolute ton of modules I love however I gotta be realistic here without spending what would amount to a small car lol. I'm 100% in to modular now but that ultimate sequencer for drums eludes me. I think that Pamela's New Workout could come in handy tho for all sorts of stuff in my case.

Ok back to YouTube for an all nighter and some ideas for my build :lol:

It depends on how you want to approach drum sequencing. For standard x0x style sequencing, I've been using a Tubbutec 6equencer and it's been great. As mentioned in my post above, I needed to set the trigger duration to be longer than the default, when using this sequencer with the Mod Bass but aside from that I like the 6equencer. Small but not cramped and full of features. I also like my old BeatStep Pro.
I tend to use more than one sequencer for drums. I often use my Octatrack and Five12 Vector for more advanced sequencing trickery and sync other, simpler sequencers to those.

Synthack wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:39 pm Do you guys use Air filtration in your studios?
No, but I do have a feather duster ;)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:30 am ^^ :help:
Buffered multiples, which I don't have any of actually, are way cheaper than those cables incredibly. ( per connection) :shrug:

Anyway, I didn't mean anything by it, I was just sayin.

pekbro wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:12 pmMan KVR is so skimpy with file sizes, GS is way better in that regard. KVR limitations are pretty weak imo. Considering all the advertising cash they rake in due to us no doubt. Cmon, give us a break jeeze :shrug:
You can always upload it to somewhere else and link to it in your post. Personally, I appreciate KVR keeping things light and zippy.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:57 am
pekbro wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:12 pmMan KVR is so skimpy with file sizes, GS is way better in that regard. KVR limitations are pretty weak imo. Considering all the advertising cash they rake in due to us no doubt. Cmon, give us a break jeeze :shrug:
You can always upload it to somewhere else and link to it in your post. Personally, I appreciate KVR keeping things light and zippy.
That's a fair point of course. Though there is a lot of stuff I post that I have no intertest in maintaining
indefinitely for the sake of a post. Particularly with audio, file size is a problem for that. No one
cares of course, I just personally find it sloppy not keep all the content in the same archive. :shrug:

rob_lee wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:37 am
This is on my short list.
Ratchet - Schottkey Modular.png
There is a 'videos' link in the menu on the page.

https://schottkeymodular.square.site/pr ... se&q=false
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

pekbro wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:24 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:30 am ^^ :help:
Buffered multiples, which I don't have any of actually, are way cheaper than those cables incredibly. ( per connection) :shrug:

Anyway, I didn't mean anything by it, I was just sayin.
my personal choice, and cheaper still:

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:17 am
rob_lee wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:37 am

This looks fantastic mate I was just watching some YouTube video of some guy using it. I just took a new delivery so I'm checking it out now. Very cheap and the sound is spot on I might get another one or even two at this price.

Behringer Brains

I'm just spending hours on YouTube with listening to all sorts then deciding if they'll fit with what I want to do but that link you posted was fab mate I will get one of these once I sell a bit more hardware/software :tu:

Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:17 am

Whoa, that looks a lot like the old MFB sequencers. I had a SEQ-2 for a long time, before more advanced sequencers were available and I really liked it.

never mind

Screenshot_2022-01-22-21-38-43-257~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”