EOS (1) needed - No support at Audiodamage

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guenon wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:48 am There is no support at Audio Damage. I haven't received a reply in over two months, and when trying to approach the matter through Plugin Boutique customer support, they in turn told me to wait while they contact Audio Damage at their end - but then emailed me back after about two weeks that they hadn't heard anything back from the company, either. I appreciate them trying to contact AD for me, but it just boils down to shrugging together at how AD basically cannot be contacted these days.
This is the kind of thing that grinds my gears.

If Audio Damage cannot provide basic customer support, they should not be operating as a business taking people's money. Infact in many countries it is illegal to do so.

Plugin Boutique should drop Audio Damage from their product roster, or at least be honest and provide a clear warning that the purchase includes no support whatsoever, period.

These kinds of unaccountable AWOL developers show up every now and then, seeming to have a lot of resources to market brand new plugins and take more money from customers - but total silence when you try to contact them.

It's a shame because EOS 1 and 2 sound really great.

Does this qualify as lazy or some other form of incompetence? I hope it's nothing health related ... but Other Desert Cities was released last year right? So one would conclude there seems to be a commitment to the future of the business. They've been around for how many years? It's not a new company, so you'd think they'd have figured out the support gig by now.

Was looking at my AD account today to decide where to prioritize them on my M1 upgrade list. They have a more than year-old weak statement about Rosetta compatibility. I don't have high hopes that they'll upgrade, but maybe some day. These go on the shelf for now. They have some neat tools at affordable prices but not so unique. Wouldn't buy another plugin from them.

yeah, it's a shame about their customer support. I really liked the stuff I got from them back in the day, and ODC seems interesting enough but I won't spend any more cash until they answer my emails. guess I should just move on.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:44 pm After contacting AD support (Simon-Claudius) last night I received an apology, a dropbox link to download all my licenses and installers from the old site, and the offer of a free plugin. :)
Thought I'd update ... when Other Desert Cities was released I contacted AD support to ask if I could have it as my free plugin. I got a quick reply from Chris Randall asking who had offered me the free vst. I told him it was Simon-Claudius, and Chris said in that case he would send me an NFR license for ODC. He also hinted that he had "let Simon go" because of his "generosity". I got my ODC license a short time later and have been thoroghly enjoying yet another great Audio Damage plugin. :tu: :ud:

MitchK1989 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:54 am I'd love to pick up AD plugs and upgrade my old ones if they ever properly migrate my account over to the new site...
That's not going to happen.

I can't even reach my old unmigrated account anymore.

Puts me off buying from them.

k

To be honest, I can't get a much angry when I remember a recent good action from one of the AD guys in this thread a few pages back, about various support question incl EOS. Even despite fresh ODC problems and silence from support side. Because everything is relative, particularly , looking at the really awful support of the wonderful Lexicon plugs that literally abandoned (and as i see, the same about Harman support generally), during years, AD against their backdrop seem quite alive and as doing something.

Funnily enough I needed my EOS1 installer recently, only to discover that all trace of my account on their now long dead website has evaporated into non existence.

I did contact support, and although it took them several days to respond, they did provide me with a link to the EOS1 installer. Didn't ask for any kind of identification (although they can probably see my email address on an old account), and the installer is copy protection free, much like LFO tool.

They are there, but not exactly 'there' there.

I have noticed a drop in customer service not so much in the software business but just in general.

Attempting to get service from insurance companies, medical facilities, utility companies, government agencies, banks, etc has been fairly frustrating at least around here. I'm not saying that it's happening everywhere around the world or to the same degree but I have noticed it around here.

I understand the labor shortage, the lack of trained workers, the fact than many employees are overworked and so on due to the current global situation.

Between illness, financial troubles, quarantine, etc I'm not sure we can hold companies to the same standards as we did in the "before times" at least not right now.

I'm not making excuses for Audio Damage and I'm not saying any of the above applies to them just making a general observation.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:07 pm
Guenon wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:48 am There is no support at Audio Damage. I haven't received a reply in over two months, and when trying to approach the matter through Plugin Boutique customer support, they in turn told me to wait while they contact Audio Damage at their end - but then emailed me back after about two weeks that they hadn't heard anything back from the company, either. I appreciate them trying to contact AD for me, but it just boils down to shrugging together at how AD basically cannot be contacted these days.
This is the kind of thing that grinds my gears.
To be fair, Audio Damage did reply the Plugin Boutique support rep after that. In other words, in September, an AD representative said that he is communicating directly with the customer - although, in reality, I have still never received a single message from them. In good faith it's possible (or even likely) they had simply mistaken me for someone else when saying that, so no biggie.

In October they described - to Plugin Boutique, not me - that they were going to solve the problem I had at that time, by making new builds of the plugins in question, addressing a specific thing that was proven not to work as described. They added an estimate that the customer "may need to wait a week or two." After over three and a half moths, nothing has happened at their end about this, nor have I received any communication from them.

However, the plugins themselves sound fantastic, and the specific problem is more and more trivial as time goes on (it was an easily verified and reproducible - by analyzing the required software libraries - compatibility issue with an old-ish environment that was specifically listed as compatible). I'm using these plugins with no issues now (I even emailed PB about this, saying it's okay), and when thinking solely about the audio quality, I would still recommend them. The sound is really fabulous. Try the demos and so on. But yeah, not a fan of the support saying/promising stuff like that and then ghosting.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:01 pm I'm not making excuses for Audio Damage and I'm not saying any of the above applies to them just making a general observation.
Yeah, indeed, I actually agree with this. Given that there can be all sorts of troubles, especially in these times, it's not that fair (imo) to somehow automatically "require" top notch and prompt service at all times, from a small company, and all that. I'd like to emphasize, pretty much the only thing I was really disappointed with, as described above, was that communication did happen, but never with the actual customer (me), and the communication was describing things that never really materialized/happened. And again, never communicated to me (i.e. I had to go through some other company as an intermediary).

Just writing a short honest message to the customer, saying that things are currently such that this and this might not happen soon, and sorry about that, let's correct the product description to reflect the current functionality / requirements, annnnd so on and so forth - that would be much better imo. Even if this isn't the most critical matter, in the grand scheme of things, leaving a customer hanging is not nice.

OK, so one more update. after posting in this thread I decided to send AD a new mail and got a cordial reply from Chris today, offering my old Plugins without any questions. So, even if takes more time than desired, eventually they'll get back to you. Not the best service, as one shouldn't have to wait so long, but moving in the right direction.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Download SOphist wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:16 pm OK, so one more update. after posting in this thread I decided to send AD a new mail and got a cordial reply from Chris today, offering my old Plugins without any questions. So, even if takes more time than desired, eventually they'll get back to you. Not the best service, as one shouldn't have to wait so long, but moving in the right direction.
That's great to hear!

I have EOS 1 installers - but I'm not going to just email them to everyone who asks for them. How do I know they're a legit owner? It's not my place to judge that and distribute plugin installers.. infact it's probably criminal to do so. People need to take it up with Audio Damage and Audio Damage need to respond and take responsibility. This has been going on for years now with them moving over to a new system and letting accounts/licenses drop off. It's sad they can invest all the R&D to make new plugins but not manage basic customer care.

EOS 2 is great by the way but it desperately needs input/output control :ud:

FYI every Audio Damage legacy plugins are available for download legally directly on their website:
https://www.audiodamage.com/pages/free-and-legacy

As they don't always answer support tickets, I thought I'd post this info here in case anyone else is looking for the installers.

Nice. EOS wasn't part of the original legacy freebie drop, but now it's there!
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Effects”