What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I get what you are saying Glenn, personally I draw the line at the natural part...I have to do nothing but pick it, dry it and smoke it...it is not manufactured and 100% natural, not a drug imo. Can you tell me that it isnt the same thing as a cat with catnip? Are cats druggies? Are there other things in nature that have similar effects on other animals we dont know about?

BTW I swear this happened in the last two days, I actually watched the very first episode of The Brady Bunch...the wedding of Mike and Carol (probably hadnt seen it since I was 8 ). Mike is nervous about the wedding, he tells Carol, she says "why dont you take a tranquilizer?" He responds that he did already, she says "why dont you take another"...and his response is basically he doesnt want to be to high. Mike and Carol Brady were druggies, if they had of smoked a joint instead they would have been hippies...8)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

what about mushrooms?

or peyote buttons, man defines it as a drug...does nature? Man has agendas that nature has not :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

nature has its own agenda.
drug is just a word.
if something alters perception and body chemistry, im not sure what else you would call it?

like you said it's just a word, but I need a distinction between man made and natural, I dont eat much synthetic food either. The word drug may have been valid at one time but the negativity that has grown on that word makes the term obsolete imo. I believe that far too many people have denied themselves relief from a natural substance based on the mislabeling of it as a drug in the context of drug culture...it brought negativity on something beneficial :shrug:

what about caffeine?

well the distinction you just made is used natural or synthetic drug :shrug:

there are many synthetic substances which are beneficial, derived from nature but made more active and helpful by science.
morphine as an example, is a great drug for aiding recuperating, but obviously a shitty one if misused.
same as weed, misuse (we have all seen people get to the puke stage) can be problematic, but that's not the drug, that's misuse of the drug.

caffeine is a drug.

and, it's also very tasty :)

(just finished a really nice coffee :hihi: )

Bombadil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:38 pm My mixed feeling comes with how lazy cannabis makes me.
You could still get a job as a plug-in developer (allegedly..).

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:53 pm
Bombadil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:38 pm My mixed feeling comes with how lazy cannabis makes me.
You could still get a job as a plug-in developer (allegedly..).
:lol:
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Pulled the trigger on the sm7b a few weeks ago. Sadly haven't used it much. Not in a dedicated studio so shouting isn't the best idea unfortunately.

edit: realized its not really what comes to mind when someone says "guitar gear" but i plan on using it on acoustic so meh, this works.

Hink wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:53 pm or peyote buttons, man defines it as a drug...does nature? Man has agendas that nature has not :shrug:
You should read Michael Pollen’s The Botany of Desire.

https://michaelpollan.com/books/the-botany-of-desire/
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I got a Chase Bliss MOOD for Christmas. I really love it, but I’m not sure if guitar is the right place for it. Seems like it really needs a hand on it a lot, and you know that guitar thing with the picking ‘n the fretting… might end up on my Dominion 1. Not sure yet.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Palmer Daccapo passive re-amp box - one day, when I rid some other gear to cover the cost, that's the policy.
And a XLR to TRS cable.
https://www.palmer-germany.com/en/produ ... 93/daccapo
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Return to “Guitars”