Rift - A New Type Of Distortion Is Here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey guys, how is this compared to OHMICIDE? can it also sound brutal like OHMICIDE? i read it will get multiband too it seems.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

thats really something. Wow.

Caine123 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:53 pm hey guys, how is this compared to OHMICIDE? can it also sound brutal like OHMICIDE? i read it will get multiband too it seems.
no one :/ ?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:53 pm hey guys, how is this compared to OHMICIDE? can it also sound brutal like OHMICIDE? i read it will get multiband too it seems.
Apples and oranges. Ohmicide is a multiband distortion unit with a lot of unique distortion algorithms and a state sequencer/morpher/performance ability.

Rift is a multi-fx with overdrive/gain compensation, bipolar wavefolding, physical modeling feedback, morphing multimode filter, curve sequencing and env/LFO modulation. Feedback and Filter can follow MIDI input, and there's an env follower that can target almost anything.

I love Ohmicide, and the manual performance aspects are great for dynamic changes. Rift can get "brutal" but that's not leveraging it to its full abilities. I tend to use it more for transforming, texturizing, evolving, and rhythmicizing sounds.

Rift 2.0 is out.

Flexible Multi-Band Effects

Send any combination of distortion, feedback, and filtering through the multi-band crossover to keep the effect exactly where you want. Per-band gain, refiltering, and solo make dialing it in a breeze.

Dark Mode vs Light Mode

Rift's interface can now switch between a beautiful new Dark Mode and a refined Light Mode. Set the vibe for your late-night sessions, or keep things clean and bright.

All Updates:

• Updated UI with dark & light modes
• Powerful multi-band processing
• Major CPU optimizations
• DAW timeline sync for modulators
• Faster Smart Randomization

Rift 2.0 is a free update for existing users and is fully backward compatible with previous Rift plugin versions.

The updated installers can be downloaded from your user account. If you run into any issues, please reach out to our support team.

yellowmix wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:09 pm
Apples and oranges. Ohmicide is a multiband distortion unit with a lot of unique distortion algorithms and a state sequencer/morpher/performance ability.

Rift is a multi-fx with overdrive/gain compensation, bipolar wavefolding, physical modeling feedback, morphing multimode filter, curve sequencing and env/LFO modulation. Feedback and Filter can follow MIDI input, and there's an env follower that can target almost anything.

I love Ohmicide, and the manual performance aspects are great for dynamic changes. Rift can get "brutal" but that's not leveraging it to its full abilities. I tend to use it more for transforming, texturizing, evolving, and rhythmicizing sounds.
thx a lot!
am interest now with the new 2.0 update! :D

gondii wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:25 pm • Major CPU optimizations
Interesting how a much in compare to v1, if someone will test share result please.

For those that have Rift 2, how would you compare it to the free Feedback Lite and Filter Lite? I like those two pretty well, and between MIDI tracking and Bitwig's envelope followers/generators, they're capable of some nice sound transformation. And between Bitwig and Peel I feel like I can already get to some amount of multiband processing, though it can be a bit more awkward to set up than a dedicated plugin.

Does the full plugin mostly add distortion, or is there more to the feedback/resonator stuff as well?

(NFR is one thing, but NFR + no demo + a price that is probably fair but is more than just lunch money is a combo that makes it hard to just buy something on a whim.)

foosnark wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:39 pm Does the full plugin mostly add distortion, or is there more to the feedback/resonator stuff as well?

(NFR is one thing, but NFR + no demo + a price that is probably fair but is more than just lunch money is a combo that makes it hard to just buy something on a whim.)
I have Rift 2 up and running. No comparison to the freebies really. First, the UI in my opinion is really beautiful. Along with distortion features is also a decent modulation section and routing UX which transforms the otherwise static free filter and dely.

Rift is one of the few NFR plugins I bought. I had some extra money to spend and decided to go for it and get a refund if I didn't think it was worth it. But I kept it. I think its a bit over priced but it does sound very nice and has a unique sound quality.

For those trying to make a decision to buy now during this 2.0 introduction sale (I couldn't find what the time limit is) the 35% off looks like the same discount as the intro price for v1.0 and their recent end of year holiday sale. It probably won't be considerably discounted any more for a number of months if you're holding out. Of course, that's just a guess, but based on recent history seems reasonable.

The version 2.0 dark UI looks fantastic!! The color scheme is really pleasant to look at. I'm also noticing quite a difference in CPU performance. I'm able to load more instances without some of the spikes I was experiencing before. This is one of my favorite multi-effects to use on synth bass and drum tracks. Minimal Audio have also been responsive to all of my questions. I'd get it while it's being offered for 35% off. That's an excellent price for such a sophisticated plug-in!! :tu:

I didn't even think that I would buy it at first. It's looked like an "average" multi-effect. But, after DATABROTH sound design stream I made up my mind and I have to say that this is a great tool. I'm constantly looking for something that can rebuild sounds with a lot of happy accidents like OTO Biscuit in software form. Rift is not the same, but nothing gets that close in terms of unexpected results and random grooves. Maybe, Thermal from Output, but I decided to buy Rift instead because look's like Thermal is not going to update with new features (Thermal is awesome as is though).

I'm dreaming that developers will integrate work with individual signal bits in it and continue to make an all-in-one sound manipulation tool based on distortion and redux effects. Distortion is the fastest and most enjoyable way to get something completely new out of any sound, I like and use it constantly.

I went for the full Rift, and I like it quite a bit. It is definitely quite a bit more than the free Feedback and Filter plugins -- among other things, the feedback can have the distortion inside of it, and prefiltering the distortion has some very nice side effects. Just hitting the Randomize button leads to something really useable more often than not.

This is a good one.

Dombaeb wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:03 am I'm constantly looking for something that can rebuild sounds with a lot of happy accidents like OTO Biscuit in software form.
How about using the OTO Biscuit plugin then ? https://www.softube.com/oto
More BPM please

Anyway, nice update. Great new UI. Must-have distortion plugin.
More BPM please

Return to “Effects”