Algonaut Atlas 2 finally announced. New buyers get 2 for free, 19$ upgrade for others.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas Atlas 2

UncleAge wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:19 pm Matt got back to me (quickly) and the solution is to use the Refresh button in the Browser. It reloaded the Maps for me.

edit: Also there is a new version at the website. He just uploaded it a day or so ago.
Great thanks, will try!

Does the "Check for Updates" feature in the plugin work for anyone? I was an older update and not getting notice.

^ Same here. I had "Check for Updates" activated in the settings but hadn't received updates for 2.1.1 or 2.1.2.

am having a lot of fun with atlas; i always thought i'd prefer carefully-curated drum kits, but the random sets generated by atlas are a blast. (of course, i'll change specific sounds when needed). still, it's inspiring... and the best time i've had making beats in a long time.

^^^^ Agreed, in general I'm really liking Atlas, for one shot drums I'm switching over to it. I've bought and used: Maschine Studio, MPC Live, Geist and it's predecessors, SparkLE, XO etc. etc. So far this is more or less what I've been looking for, Spark was cool, but it's end of life on Mac OS. Atlas is just working really well in a DAW as a solution to drum programming, kit searching etc.

I'm moving songs over from a Mac Pro to an M1 and redoing kits in Atlas, the transparency of the developer makes me feel this has at least 5 years of development without issues. I'm sold.

How do you add a sample directory to Atlas if it's outside of the "AlgonautContent" folder? Or do you have to move all samples into AlgonautContent?

zachy9 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:03 am How do you add a sample directory to Atlas if it's outside of the "AlgonautContent" folder? Or do you have to move all samples into AlgonautContent?
Open the Maps page in Atlas
Click Create New Map
Click Add and navigate to your sample folder, or drag a folder from Explorer/Finder into the window.

You might also want to check out the Advanced Options on the same page while creating the map.

Cheers

Just wondering if there is a Roadmap of upcoming Atlas features? I'd like to see the ability to have multiple sequences...
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

I'm suprised no one has mentioned this yet - new major update version 2.2.0 released last week:

Feature update: Map Filters and List view
Major Feature: Map Filters panel. Search for samples by name, filter by category, filter by file path.
Major Feature: List map mode. See all samples in a map in a classic style sortable list.
Feature: Use keyboard up/down arrows to adjust UI controls.
Feature: Use keyboard to enter values on UI controls.
Feature: Solo multiple drums at once.
Feature: Space-bar starts/stops Sequencer. (*standalone only)
Feature: Added Setting to use a different strategy for syncing to the DAW (audio vs timecode). This might improve syncing in some DAWs.
Feature: Improved categorization for samples dropped onto drums from outside the app.
Feature: 'New Sequence' now MIDI mappable in Settings.
Feature: Improved in-app Notification system.
Feature: Exported audio now rendered at the sample rate of the DAW.
Bugfix: Improvements to DAW -> Atlas Sequencer syncing.
Bugfix: Fixed bug where value of 'Shape Curve' control would not be loaded from a saved DAW project.
Bugfix: Fixed issues around lock buttons not appearing/disappearing when they should in 8x8 drumkit mode.

Not had a chance to test yet, but the map filters and list view looks like a massive plus point.

Wow! Great update!
All i want now is to store more patterns in sequencer and ability to choose between them.

Really nice update!

Awesome update!! Atlas is becoming a real monster!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Do you just run the new installer over the old one? I assume so?
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

Next time this is on a decent sale, it's mine.

Return to “Instruments”