EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use 1616m on FL Studio 10 32bit and a Reaper 64, no problem?

Where do you get the problem?It should be the same as the 1820
!

Reticular wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:54 pm I use 1616m on FL Studio 10 32bit and a Reaper 64, no problem?

Where do you get the problem?It should be the same as the 1820
It doesn’t show up in the list of ASIO devices when going to change the audio settings. I’ve tried Chainer, XT3, the IL Minihost. No luck.

Well, for XT3 it works in my case (w7 64)
!

Wait, are you running a 64 bit version of XT3? Or just your Win7 OS is 64 bit?

I had no problem with win 7, but I don’t have that machine anymore.

XT3 i use is 32bit, my OS is W7 64bit

yeah..
!

Hi guys!

Has anyone managed to run E-MU1616M PCIe on Windows 11 Pro x64?
Or this is the end for the best sound card in the world?

There’s another thread here where people have had a mixed bag of success with it, so yes.

Hi guys, first of all a huge thanks to clubhousekey, tobra, sherwood and others for keeping the Emu alive for the rest of us.

I have a dumb question regarding an 1820. It's hooked up, installed, the main rear outputs work OK, front inputs seems to work, MIDI works but the headphone out at the front is dead.

I don't think it's routing, messed around with patchmix settings (clicked on the headphone options there) and this didn't make a difference. I even have the card working (except the headphones) in Linux (yes laugh if you must). I can hear very very faint audio coming out of the headphone socket but it's like there's no power to drive the headphone amp? Has anybody ever encountered this?

The rear main outs work, the dock lights up, the card is connected to a power source, MIDI works, the front inputs work..... just apparently no headphone audio. Haven't tested the rest yet.

That’s a new one for me. Could be the volume pot on the jack?

I am curious to know which district of Linux you were able to get it to work in and what drivers you used. That’s pretty cool.

Yeah same here, can't say I've ever encountered this. Twisting the pot does nothing. No static or anything. When I turn on my bat radar ears I can just about hear the audio through the phones but it's like the headphone amp is "dead". Wonder if it could be related to broken caps on the dock?

Reading through accounts of other users I have the impression that these Emus were manufactured with batches of the dreaded sick capacitors that plagued the world in the early 2000's.

It should work on any Linux flavor. I happen to use Mint (Ubuntu derivative) but there's no reason I can think of why it won't work on others. You'll have to compile the alsa drivers for it though. As far as I can tell 48K 16bit is as good as it gets and there's no patchmix, although this isn't really needed when using jack.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
ClubHouseKey wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:06 am [...]

XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018.exe - Updated Creative X-Fi drivers for Windows 10 1903
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... dId=100256 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=100256)
[...]
The given link returns error...

Hi everyone!! I have a problem with my emu 1616. Channel 2 gives me a noise, crackle but only when I use the phantom power. With a dynamic microphone, no, with a guitar signal either. Only with condenser microphone. I brought it to the technician and he asked me for the schematic circuits of the emu. Does anyone have them?

I make a correction, it's not the phantom the problem, it's the channel. Because I connect a dynamic microphone and although it does not crackle or pop, the signal enters very poorly and with a lot of noise, the phantom may only increase the problem. We suspect it's part of the surface integrated circuit for that channel. For that I would need the diagram of the Emu.

I replaced some failed capacitors on mine a few years ago, but I've never found a schematic for it. There used to be a few sites that went into detail about the capacitors, and while I thought they might have also had the schematics posted, they're gone now.

Someone posted a video just over two years ago on fixing an interesting problem with his 1616m -- he might have access to a schematic, or might at least be able to give you an idea what's wrong with yours: https://youtu.be/QyBoW5FcK54.

FWIW, his problem was the capacitors, just like the problem I and many, many others had. In fact, his problem was the same capacitors many of us have had problems with, even though he had very different symptoms. Maybe your issue is related to these same capacitors, and the voltage(s) they're not supplying properly? If so, you could solve the problem for around $5 and half an hour of soldering. :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Hello everyone, I finally did the complete change of capacitors and the emu does not pick up. We even changed part of the integrated circuit and nothing. It continues with the same problem: Channel 2 has a lot of noise and little signal, a pity that the schematic is not achieved.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”