Mixcraft news

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So what´s going on with this DAW.
Any news or rumors regarding the next update that will come..............I hope:)

May be a little work on the UI?

Or to update the Launchpad Mk3 integration with the session mode. It's broken now. Not holding my breath though...
If they took what's best and most intuitive from Live and Bitwig clip launcher, while keeping it simple, as they usually do, would help I guess.

Don´t use it a lot, but for some quick scetching it is cool.
Startet using Cubase again, bought the full version 10,0 and....................not happy ...really
Found my selfe recording a song in Studio One 5 Artist, and found me reaching for it every time I make a song, beside the loveley Renoise.

Well, think, I will sell the Cubase thing again.
Also have the Halion 6 and just don´t use it at all.
Sound that come with it, are.................well........poor, IMHO.

classic wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:45 pm So what´s going on with this DAW.
Any news or rumors regarding the next update that will come..............I hope:)

May be a little work on the UI?
So version 10 development started at the end of March. There was a big feature request survey. The only confirmed feature for version 10 is UI Scaling / High DPI support. Targeting early 2022.

Frankly I love the simplicity and intuitive nature of the program, however I ran into a missing feature I didn't know I needed - the ability to mute MIDI notes on the Piano Roll - this comes in really handy for creating melodies and bass parts from chords generated in Scaler.

In the meantime, I'm trying REAPER, as it has that feature, plus I can import chord names generated by Scaler into regions, above the tracks.

Full disclosure - I have Cubase but have not registered it yet. I'm waiting to see what 11.5, though it seems like it would be way to easy too get lost in the Cubase jungle and I'm not thrilled that it is sort of a closed system with regard to its instruments.

Ah, UI scaling. Good move.

It would be nice if they went cross-platform while they're at it.

jonljacobi wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:27 pm It would be nice if they went cross-platform while they're at it.
Honestly, it will probably never happen, because their main competition would be GarageBand...

Mixcraft is sort of considered to be GarageBand for Windows, except more capable. :wink:

I just noticed on the version history page that the last update was more than a year ago. Has Acoustica stopped developing Mixcraft?

I doubt it. The forums are still active enough and there's no sense of impending doom. Scaling the UI is probably a whole load of work. You basically have to start from scratch unless you're just creating a single high dpi version.

I really appreciate it being a straightforward DAW that has been remarkably stable on all of my machines.

Schmidi wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:20 am I really appreciate it being a straightforward DAW that has been remarkably stable on all of my machines.
I agree, I believe there is an audience for an easy to use DAW which stays out of your way and let's the very old and very young focus on creating music. Again, GarageBand for Windows.

I bought the upgrade for the latest version and I'm happy with what I got. I like the way the UI is laid out and the plugins that come with it. For me, it's what Acid Pro should have been. Mixcraft is one of the few DAW that has a main music Key in projects. I haven't seen it in other DAWs except for Acid Pro.

SampleScience wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:04 pm...Mixcraft is one of the few DAW that has a main music Key in projects.
Logic Pro, Cubase, Studio One have that, too.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:18 pm
SampleScience wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:04 pm...Mixcraft is one of the few DAW that has a main music Key in projects.
Logic Pro, Cubase, Studio One have that, too.
That's good, I don't use Apple computers so Logic is out for me. Cubase I never liked. I need to try the demo of Studio One, I have a lot of customers who use it. Seems like a good DAW, it's probably one of the best.

SampleScience wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:47 pm...I need to try the demo of Studio One, I have a lot of customers who use it. Seems like a good DAW, it's probably one of the best.
It indeed is. You do that :) :tu:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”