Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:51 pm
No ASIO support for standalone?
I have the Surge XT plugin running in the free SAVIHost standalone VSTi host. I can access my ASIO output and have been testing Surge XT at 96KHz with 64 sample buffers. :D

Scroll down for the VST3 variant...

https://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm
Windows 10 and too many plugins

thanks for such an awesome synth to everyone involved!

zzz00m wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:47 pm
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:51 pm
No ASIO support for standalone?
I have the Surge XT plugin running in the free SAVIHost standalone VSTi host. I can access my ASIO output and have been testing Surge XT at 96KHz with 64 sample buffers. :D

Scroll down for the VST3 variant...

https://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm
Yes thank you. To be clear for folks reading, Surge has no problem running in a program with ASIO support, including DAWs or single plugin hosts. It's just the surge standalone exe which we newly ship with XT where we can't add ASIO on windows. (Basically we can't link ASIO to our source; but we are fine for a program which has linked ASIO to load our plugin).

SAVIHost was a big part of our debugging before JUCE gave us a Standalone. Quality tool!

baconpaul wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:24 am
Yes thank you. To be clear for folks reading, Surge has no problem running in a program with ASIO support, including DAWs or single plugin hosts.
And thank you and your team for Surge XT.

Well done!!! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

The Surge XT synth sounds amazing!

great! the new XT, a bit late to the party! thanks!

no donations... well, i am a no-budget guy, when i work together with people... but still... well...

the enjoyement and hopefully some great tracks, will be the 'donation' (and that depends on 'your' taste).

Is there a way to filter for the new presets?

The thread title should be changed to anounce the new release, IMHO.

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:01 pm Is there a way to filter for the new presets?
No, patches are not fully tagged just yet. A complete overhaul of the patch library that comes with Surge is planned for XT 2.0 release (including a better patch browser with built-in tagging and so on).
Danilo Villanova wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:04 pm The thread title should be changed to anounce the new release, IMHO.
Claes opened this thread, so only he can rename the thread, apart from mods/admins.

We did post a KvR news article, though! ;)

xxx
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:48 am the enjoyement and hopefully some great tracks, will be the 'donation' (and that depends on 'your' taste).
Seriously, listening to music people make with the tools we work on is one of the greatest bits for me!

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:01 pm Is there a way to filter for the new presets?
Yeah like evil said we didn't get the patch browser finished.

but... if one were to do this

cd resources/data/patches_3rdparty
git ls-files -z -- "." | xargs -0 -n1 -I{} -- git log -1 --format="%at {}" {} > fileByDate
sort -r fileByDate > fileByDateSorted
pbcopy < fileByDateSorted

then paste the result into a gist like

https://gist.github.com/baconpaul/911c8 ... 105b13e315

you would end up with a list of every 3rd part patch in the order of their most recent git commit

That would lead you to see that new patches by Luna, John Valentine, Jacky, Slowboat, Altenberg, Cybersoda, Malfunction, Kinsey Dulcet Vospi and Databroth were all added. fairly recently.

Well aware this is a 'sub standard ui' :)

My goodness. How can I say thank you again to BaconPaul, EvilDragon and the rest of the team.
Well done.. and truly appreciated.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
rsp
sound sculptist

I do wish though that Third Party was under Factory Patches so there is not a traffic jam in the middle column :)

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

That menu would be far too long then (and this was already a bit of a problem in 1.9, too). It's overall much cleaner laid out in columns like this.

Return to “Instruments”