Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:12 am Andy:
Your website news mentions VST3 versions are in the works. Any timeframe on that?
After I finish The Scream I'm going to update to the latest Juce 6 framework to support both VST3 and the ARM instruction set for Apple Silicon macOS, with possibly ARM Win and iOS/iPad OS in the future. That will definitely happen this year, most likely around the middle of the year at this stage.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

How is the modular going , care to share a screenshot ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

meloco_go wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:34 pm Andy, can you add a Hilbert transform option to the sidechain of the Glue? I guess, the original schematics already does a great job of converting audio to DC level, but IMO it could be an interesting option.
I've used done Hilbert transforms before on a compressor, but it didn't actually sound that interesting, and I don't think it's a good fit for The Glue. You can already use a Hilbert transform with The Glue by using the Ext Sidechain feature.

I will be spending time on variable linking, and the HD mode but don't want to fiddle much more than that with a plugin that works great and people are comfortable using. Every feature added is another choice that has to be made by customers, and fewer choices means quicker workflow.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:15 am How is the modular going , care to share a screenshot ?
I haven't spent much time on the overall synth since I've been busy with other things. I have spent some time on the oscillator code which is sounding great. I have also spent time messing around with my Moog Matriarch, which covers a lot of the ground I want to cover with my upcoming synth.

andy-cytomic wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:24 am
meloco_go wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:34 pm Andy, can you add a Hilbert transform option to the sidechain of the Glue? I guess, the original schematics already does a great job of converting audio to DC level, but IMO it could be an interesting option.
I've used done Hilbert transforms before on a compressor, but it didn't actually sound that interesting, and I don't think it's a good fit for The Glue. You can already use a Hilbert transform with The Glue by using the Ext Sidechain feature.

I will be spending time on variable linking, and the HD mode but don't want to fiddle much more than that with a plugin that works great and people are comfortable using. Every feature added is another choice that has to be made by customers, and fewer choices means quicker workflow.
Makes sense, thank you!

Any Glue HD news? :)

.....Any Glue HD news?

*Skeleton in a chair "Me waiting for the Glue HD update" meme* :hihi:

I had to come back to this compressor, it was my favourite before, and so glad I did, why it works so well compared to others is in the code, but I don't care why, it just does.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

andy-cytomic wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:12 am
Weasel-Boy wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:12 am Andy:
Your website news mentions VST3 versions are in the works. Any timeframe on that?
After I finish The Scream I'm going to update to the latest Juce 6 framework to support both VST3 and the ARM instruction set for Apple Silicon macOS, with possibly ARM Win and iOS/iPad OS in the future. That will definitely happen this year, most likely around the middle of the year at this stage.
Hey Andy, hope you're doing well and staying safe!

I'm keen on the VST3 versions, especially as a Cubase user who loves The Glue. Clearly things got pretty hectic last year and the date above couldn't be met, but is there any realistic estimate on when we'll see VST3 versions of Cytomic products?

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Can’t wait for the Cytomic synth and 1176

FYI the new 1.5.1 is broken.

I just get digital sounding distortion, no meters moving, no compression action.

Mac M1 Pro Monterey 12.1
Running AU through AUHostingCompatibility Rosetta layer in native ARM DAWs
Ableton 11.1, Logic 10.7.1, Plugin Doctor all give the same result

The previous version worked fine for me. Anyone know where I can download it? I can't find previous version downloads on the website.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 2.43.19 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

btfnk wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:42 pm FYI the new 1.5.1 is broken.

I just get digital sounding distortion, no meters moving, no compression action.

Mac M1 Pro Monterey 12.1
Running AU through AUHostingCompatibility Rosetta layer in native ARM DAWs
Ableton 11.1, Logic 10.7.1, Plugin Doctor all give the same result

The previous version worked fine for me. Anyone know where I can download it? I can't find previous version downloads on the website.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 2.43.19 PM.jpg
Thanks for reporting this. I was resetting every process call because of a change I made to The Drop that I also needed to change to The Glue. This is all fixed with v1.5.2 available at the web page:

www.cytomic.com/products/glue

Return to “Effects”