Maschine Mk3 and Ableton issues recording

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey guys,

im having issues with recording in ableton with my new maschine mk3. I cannot figure out why the record button wont work as it lights up red in maschine plugin but am not able to record midi. I have downloaded a few remote scripts as well as tried mackie control to no avail. I got transport controls to work with the ableton 11 remote script from NI but am unable to use any other controls except transport in ableton 11 instance. Under new project i can use all controls except transport controls. Under Control editor for native gear, im using default template as like i said i tried mackie control without the ability to record in the maschine plugin in ableton so im a bit stumped. When i enter midi mode im stuck in a view on mK3 where i can access browser etc..., I tried many different preference options for midi in ableton preferences so i am a bit stumped.

i have the remot script Maschine Mk3 for control surface and no in or out but under midi ports i have to choose between Maschine Mk3 EXT Midi and Maschine Mk3 Ctrl Midi For both IN and Out ports and im not sure if maybe i dont have the right options selected.

i also went into maschine and Chose group for output, and manual on input, host for source and still no luck so im not sure what else to do. If anyone could help me through the process on how to get this dam thing to work id much appreciate it. I dont care if midi shows up in ableton tracks itself but if i can at least be ablet to record midi in maschine plugin within ableton id be so happy. Thank you!

Return to “Instruments”