Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wotja 22 Pro Wotja: Generative Music System

zzz00m wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:16 pm Discovered that track #2 then plays a parallel audio output from track #1, but no MIDI. It's almost as if Tracktion has misidentified the audio/MIDI outputs provided by Wotja. Weird, right?
Weird is the word :)

Pete

impete wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:00 am
I heard back from Tracktion Support, and told them what they need to do in order to reproduce the issue. So, that is progress!
fantastic news! fingers crossed.

hi pete,

jules (chief tracktioneer) has responded over at the Tracktion thread!

JamminFool wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:21 am hi pete,

EDIT: just found the post - thanks!

Best wishes, Pete
Last edited by impete on Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi folks,

We've just submitted Wotja 22.0.10 for review:

FIXED: Windows VST3: Issue with unresponsive pop-up menus when hosted by Cakewalk
FIXED: macOS AUv3: Issue where the AUv3 didn’t always initialise Virtual MIDI ports properly
FIXED: the app (and plug-in) have more responsive user interfaces

Best wishes, Pete

JamminFool wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:25 am hi pete,

i have a reproducible crash in 22.0.9 stand-alone:

1) start with empty mix
2) add Generator: Sequence-Euclidean to cell 1
3) add Generator: Repeater to cell 1
4) drag connection from Repeater to Sequence-Euclidean
5) start playback (if not already playing)
6) wait for it. (you may need to stop and start playback once)

admittedly, step (4) may not make sense (i really don't know) but is the result of experimenting with "i wonder what will happen" type of approach, which wotja inspires :)
This also locks up for me. It didn't actually crash/exit, just no longer responds so I had to close it with task manager. I didn't know that you could do step 4 or add more than one template to a cell, so a useful learning exercise :)

impete wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:34 am

Best wishes, Pete
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=576200&start=15

JamminFool wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:38 am
impete wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:34 am

Best wishes, Pete
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=576200&start=15
:tu:

Pete

A heads-up for anyone having Wotja plugin MIDI routing problems in any DAW (apart from Studio One which seems to be a separate issue).

If you have the free version of LoopBE installed, try uninstalling it.

I lost Wotja MIDI routing capabilities in all DAWs apart from Ableton and it caused a lot of head scratching until I discovered that uninstalling LoopBE fixed the issue. I wasn't even using LoopBE at the time, and had it disabled in the DAWs; just having it installed was enough to cause MIDI from the Wotja plugin to go astray.

At some point I will check to make sure I had the latest version installed and to see whether any alternative virtual MIDI drivers have the same effect such as https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software ... lmidi.html

I do also currently have:
- rtp-MIDI installed which I use for MIDI over LAN from my iPad
- TouchOSC bridge for connecting to TouchOSC on my iPad

So whether the LoopBE problem was caused by some interaction between any of these IDK.

re updates, thanks Pete

Musical Gym wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:41 am re updates, thanks Pete
:tu:

Hi folks,

I have a feeling that the plug-in scan crashes we've seen with Union.vst3, seem to be when Wotja (64-bit) calls in to the Union (32-bit) VST code.

Does that make any sense to anybody as a theory?

EDIT: this is working for me, however!

Best wishes, Pete
Last edited by impete on Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On a separate note, I've been able to defend against the crash in the scanning of Simple Concept.vst3 - that'll be going to Beta testers for some wider testing later!

Pete

All now working on my development machine!

NB: I had the Tracktion experimental audio engine enabled for some reason - and that did NOT route MIDI.

We'll try to push this update soon, but we must first test internally - and extensively!

Best wishes, Pete

that is great news! i can't wait to see it in action. thank you for the amazing support.

so am i correct in understanding that there was an issue in wotja AND an issue in Waveform with the experimental engine, or was it just the experimental engine all along?

because i have it turned on also (it is suggested during install), but i was able to get midi out working fine using Reason Rack while the experimental engine was selected, so i'm a little confused about the details.

Return to “Instruments”