Batchconverting (normalization, trimming) ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any batchprogram out there that will let me;

1. Normalize the audio file
2. Trim ~1ms from start of file and also trim of ends(not super important but good if i can do that).
3. Let's me keep my folder structure (e.g not needing to put all files into one folder, that will mess things up horrendously for me) - so just let's me select a folder and it will process its sub folders.
4. saves audio in same format.

There's Sound Forge, but it doesn't do sub folders, there's "add folder" but unless it's a folder with audio files it will not understand that all the sub folders in that folder contains .wav's that i want to process.

Many thanks!

My choices are Twisted Wave or Acoustica 7 from Acon. You can demo both and choose the one that works best for you. Or not.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Thanks. Acoustica did have a few options for batch processing, such as normalisation and it also has plugins that you can batch process, however it does not offer an option to trim or crop files when batch processing, at least i could not find such an option.

Twisted Wave seems more limited, i did not find an option to either trim or normalise all files in sub folders in that program.
I should say i'm on Windows and Twisted Wave was only available as an Online option for me.

https://www.wavosaur.com/

seems to work, works with sub folders, can normalise, can truncate too.

It's free too.

sox ?

command line based, tho.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

yeah, it's too complex for me, i wouldn't know how to make a script that advanced. i do have it on my HDD for another thing (adding hundreds of wav files into one, but that's a simple script and doesn't require sub folders..)

wavosaur seems fine, very good implementation of the batch processing page too, i understood it directly, in SF and in many other programs you just want to exit directly because you have no idea what to do..

bemushroomed wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:53 am Thanks. Acoustica did have a few options for batch processing, such as normalisation and it also has plugins that you can batch process, however it does not offer an option to trim or crop files when batch processing, at least i could not find such an option.

Twisted Wave seems more limited, i did not find an option to either trim or normalise all files in sub folders in that program.
I should say i'm on Windows and Twisted Wave was only available as an Online option for me.
My bad on the Twisted Wave. I thought he had a Windows version as well. If you're on PC, then Wavosaur is indeed a really good choice, although it is getting a bit long in the tooth.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Wavosaur has everything i need, easy to use too. BUT it destroys the meta-data (note information) in the .wav after making the new .wav so it's useless unfortunately. I didn't even know this info was needed, but i compared the files (before/after processing) and one file had C2, the other C5 as info, so the sampler puts the .wavs wrong on the keybed.

I am so happy about Acon Digital, I would ask Stian to add a batch trimming function to Acoustica right here on the Acon forum
viewforum.php?f=218
Though a trim silence function would be 1000 times more useful than trimming a fixed duration…
Last edited by Tj Shredder on Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bemushroomed wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:14 pm Wavosaur has everything i need, easy to use too. BUT it destroys the meta-data (note information) in the .wav after making the new .wav so it's useless unfortunately. I didn't even know this info was needed, but i compared the files (before/after processing) and one file had C2, the other C5 as info, so the sampler puts the .wavs wrong on the keybed.
save the metadata in the filename, process with Wavosaur, then put the metadata back

carrieres wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:29 am

save the metadata in the filename, process with Wavosaur, then put the metadata back
That is very time consuming to do for many hundreds (or in time, thousands) of files when building big libraries of multi-sampled instruments.
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:56 am I am so happy about Acon Digatal, I would ask Stian to add a batch trimming function to Acoustica right here on the Acon forum
viewforum.php?f=218
Though a trim silence function would be 1000 times more useful than trimming a fixed duration…
I've tried Trim Silence in some programs, it will still give some ms of silence which is very bad, in for example Adobe Audition it detects it only after 10ms, which sucks, i don't want around 10ms latency for a sampling, i want 0.

Anyways, the best program i've found so far is Adobe Audition. You just hit "record favorite", then do whatever you want to do to the audio file - normalise, cut some ms in the start of the file, fade out the ends. when that's done you can apply this "favorite" to the batch convert process. It's actually pretty awesome. i wish more audio programs had this Recording function for how you want to process a wav, such a simple thing yet genius. you can even add one of the recorded favorites to a recording, so you can do super complex things with ease.

Too bad it's a subscription program, i wish i could just buy it and have it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”