Vember Audio Shortcircuit is now open source!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shortcircuit XT

fmr wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:15 am I think those kind of features can only be seen in a more advanced sampler (like the ones you don't want to use - Kontakt, HALion and Falcon) :shrug:
No, that's all stuff that NN19 could do from the start (perhaps to its detriment, like pretty much all Reason devices, NN19 hasn't really been updated at all since its introduction).
They really put some thought into the early Reason devices. It may be minimal, but it's not dumbed down.

MTorn wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:01 pm Yes, just yesterday actually!
But sadly, it crashes Logic Pro instantly. Even if I can troubleshoot is and get it running, it doesn't bode well for future stability.
That's unfortunate. If you were on Windows, I'd recommend Grace by One Small Clue. It's miles ahead of Highlife, which I tried yesterday and didn't like at all. That one is a real PITA to set up a multi-sample patch. In Grace it's a breeze.

Hi!
Which door are we at now? Curious to know.
IIrc, SC1 and 2 didn't have disk streaming? Or yes?

It didn't.

We're basically rebuilding SC from scratch, refactoring lots of code to make it more modern and resilient. It will be ready when it's ready. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:20 am It didn't.
So you guys are going to add it, right? :party:

If a ready beta available I would love to test it, who knows I can give some good reports for sfz stuff.
Hopefully it can do good drums stuff. I particularly interested in the trigger logic functions, so a proper e-drum library can be created for it.

There are no plans for adding DFD to Shortcircuit.

Ouch!

SeBaer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:23 am
But sadly, it crashes Logic Pro instantly. Even if I can troubleshoot is and get it running, it doesn't bode well for future stability.
That's unfortunate. If you were on Windows, I'd recommend Grace by One Small Clue. It's miles ahead of Highlife, which I tried yesterday and didn't like at all. That one is a real PITA to set up a multi-sample patch. In Grace it's a breeze.
Highlife is the only free sampler I know of that can sample vst instrument sounds. That is really the only reason I would use it.

syntonica wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:37 pm There's PPC code
PPC Code in a only windows old code? great.

kinwie wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:02 amOuch!
SC is not meant to be a big library sampler, but a creative one, so DFD is not of utmost importance here.

------------------------------------
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:36 pm SC is not meant to be a big library sampler, but a creative one, so DFD is not of utmost importance here.
Ok ok I see the point.
Just...you know, when you guys finished it good and everybody use it, they'll ask for DFD one day :D It's a sampler anyway

SeBaer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:23 am That's unfortunate. If you were on Windows, I'd recommend Grace by One Small Clue. It's miles ahead of Highlife, which I tried yesterday and didn't like at all. That one is a real PITA to set up a multi-sample patch. In Grace it's a breeze.
Agreed, Grace is one I wish I'd be able to try.
It looks a bit long in the tooth, but I'm realizing that I probably prefer the old school stuff anyway. I'll take an ADSR over a MSEG any day!

Erisian wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:01 pm
SeBaer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:23 am
Highlife is the only free sampler I know of that can sample vst instrument sounds. That is really the only reason I would use it.
Since my main DAW is Logic Pro, I can use the built-in Auto Sampler (which I then suppose can be thought of as "free"). It's extremely useful! Does no other DAW have anything similar?

In Reason you can sample any sound source into any sample player device (including into the convolution reverb!), but it's a one-at-a-time deal, nothing automated.

wikter wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:05 pm
syntonica wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:37 pm There's PPC code
PPC Code in a only windows old code? great.
It was part way to being Macked. Or, Applified? Well, it looks like it was half-ported... Considering ARM sits somewhere between, I'm not sure if any of it is usable other than to be stripped out.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Instruments”