Cubase 12 leaked on Steinberg's site

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a Dorico SE license in eLicenser, and the "new" Dorico SE 4 in the Activation Manager.

That's also how Steinberg said that it would be: There is no "upgrade" in that sense, you keep both licenses, eLicenser (for the old version) and the Steinberg Licensing license, for the new version of the software, which uses that licensing.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 pm I have a Dorico SE license in eLicenser, and the "new" Dorico SE 4 in the Activation Manager.

That's also how Steinberg said that it would be: There is no "upgrade" in that sense, you keep both licenses, eLicenser (for the old version) and the Steinberg Licensing license, for the new version of the software, which uses that licensing.
Oops - I guess I must have used Dorico SE in the past and deleted it.
I'm now getting a message that the activation code has already been used. I'm not taking the chance of messing other stuff up now.
Oh well - I must not have found much use for it for me back then.

Isn't Dorico SE free?

I think (not know) that you can always get a new license.

It's probably one of my old licenses that they deprecated.
I used to have a ton of licenses, and one day a few years ago, a lot of them just disappeared.
It seems pretty ridiculous to have to have activation codes for a 'free' program.
No matter what it is, it's always many hoops to jump through for Steinberg.
Last edited by felis on Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

felis wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:32 pm It seems pretty ridiculous to have to have activation codes for a 'free' program.
It doesn't seem to be possible with Dorico, but, you can upgrade your Cubase LE or AI license to the higher versions, for example. Might be the reason why they hang on to the licensing system, even with free, or OEM versions.

Now I'm getting nervous. I checked elicenser and it shows Dorico SE.
So I guess it was never deleted and should run with the existing license.
I ran 'maintainance' and a bunch of other stuff with no results.
I guess it was Sequel that I downloaded and deleted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

What happens if you do the dscribed steps here? https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... -3-x-users

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:53 pm What happens if you do the dscribed steps here? https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... -3-x-users
That's exactly what I did and I got a message that the code had already been used.

I also checked with 'My Steinberg' account. I've been using their stuff for over 30 years, so I've got a lot of licenses - I think I counted 16 of them. Some are old, and some I've only used a little.
But still - my steinberg also shows that it's one of my products. Here's a partial shot.:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I can only recommend to contact their support then. I'm sure they'll hand out a new access code to you, after all, it's a free product.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:11 pm I can only recommend to contact their support then. I'm sure they'll hand out a new access code to you, after all, it's a free product.
:dog: :lol:

Possible user error. I got a new computer a while ago. Somehow I must have gotten a new code for Cubase, but not for the other programs I had on there. Just checked and Wavelab won't run either.
I'm going to have to do further digging.

Alright. :)

I guess stuff like that can't happen anymore with the new system.

I contacted support. Some stuff works, some doesn't, but I don't want to screw up what's working now. :lol:

Edit: got it sorted for Dorico. Was yours a fresh install? I think what happened was because I already had it installed, they sent me my old activation.

I have 2 computers. I checked my other computer (dorico not installed) and it had the same email,
but with a different code. It went slick after using the fresh code.

Now I just have to get wavelab sorted out. Edit: sorted.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:58 pm So is there any time frame when they'll be releasing this?

I've never worked in this DAW before but I am very tempted to buy it with the Competitive crossgrade option when it is released.

I really want to learn a DAW with all the proper features for multi-track recording & Mixing and i'm pleasantly surprised at the features that Cubase Pro has.
I would guess Q1 2022.
I do not think they would be having free upgrades already unless they felt the product was somewhat ready for launch. After-all you loose money the longer the grace period is extended.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Synthack wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:58 pm So is there any time frame when they'll be releasing this?

I've never worked in this DAW before but I am very tempted to buy it with the Competitive crossgrade option when it is released.

I really want to learn a DAW with all the proper features for multi-track recording & Mixing and i'm pleasantly surprised at the features that Cubase Pro has.
If you buy now, you get the upgrade to Cubase Pro 12 for free, so waiting isn't really worth it unless we know a sale happens at a specific time frame.

Dorico 4 SE is licensed with Steinberg Activation. Steinberg cannot remove licenses from the eLicenser, so what license you already had on there is going to remain. The new Dorico SE will not go to the eLicenser, it will go to Steinberg activation - which is like Maschine iLok Software Activation.

You can always just use a disposable email account and get another Dorico SE 4 code to add, if needed. Really, there is no point in even contacting support about those freebies :-P

For paid licenses purchased as upgrades, Steinberg will mark the license on your eLicenser as non-upgradeable and add Dorico 4 Elements/Pro to Steinberg Activation - as it only uses software activation. Like so...

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”