Synthesizer V - Singing voice synth for Win/Linux/Mac (Free & Payware)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks @MJACau for the good news on Solaria. That's the vb I'm really looking forward to.

Spitfire31 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:33 pm Solaria will do until Cangqiong AI is released in the wild. ;-)
Will the cross-lingual technique allow, for instance, French, German, Danish, and so on versions?
:) Just for @Spitfire31, here is a new demo of Cangqiong AI singing "Let It Go" in 25 languages, French, German, Dutch, Swedish, etc
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1U3411a72q

WOW! :o :love: What an expressive voice! And she can sing piano et forte and still sounds natural and full of character.

You made my day, Pelicanomicon! Thank you for posting!
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

ZincT wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:52 pm Thanks @MJACau for the good news on Solaria. That's the vb I'm really looking forward to.
A little bit of sucky news on Solaria from the EULA
Article 2: User license
1. When the user uses this product, Eclipsed Sounds endows the user with nonexclusive rights which cannot be transferred or sub-licensed.
2. Natural person users can use the synthesized voice generated by or role copyright image included in this product under non-commercial or commercial situations for activities, creation, work spreading, publication, etc.
3. If the natural person users apply the synthesized voice generated by or role copyright image included in this product for commercial purpose, and the situation involves more than USD 5,000, Or if the user is Corporation or legal entity, the obligation to notify Eclipsed Sounds will occur. Eclipsed Sounds will sign additional User License Agreement with such users according to the users’ use purpose (licensing fees might be produced according to the agreement situations).
A. Use in commercial multimedia video works, including but not limited to advertising image, network video, animation, film, TV series, television program, and game, as well as all of the above situations can be deemed to use the synthesized voice generated by or role copyright image included in this product during expression and communication behaviors.
B. Use in commercial music products sold by the legal person, including but not limited to CD, DVD, disc, audio tape, MD, hard disk, flash memory, IC memory card, and other recording contents (hereinafter referred to as commercial music products) produced by the legal person or third party under its entrustment; all of the above situations can be deemed to download and use the contents published or provided after using the synthesized voice of this product.
While 5k is more than 1K what Volor had in their EULA for Eleanor. It still deceptive on Eclipsed Sound's part.
I guess it comes down to their definition of what they consider a "commercial purpose"!

While Ah-soft's Maki English AI is under the VOICEROID licence. What they consider commercial purpose is vastly different.
・ VOCALOID, Synthesizer V products in general
If you want to distribute only the music composed by the product without using the character (picture / name) of the product, you can use it without contacting us regardless of whether it is for profit or non-profit, as long as you comply with the license agreement. increase.
https://www.ah-soft.com/licensee/
Selling audio-based songs, videos, games, and other audio works by mail order, etc.
Example) Distribute songs and audio works through services such as Toranoana, which sells mail orders for the same person. Commercial purpose (music only)
〇 No commercial license required
Selling audio-based songs, videos, games, and other audio works through distribution
Example) Selling media (CD / DVD) manufactured by yourself through distribution
△ Commercial license required for individuals
Register audio-based songs, videos, games, and other audio works in the distribution service
Example) Registering a song in a music distribution service Example) Distribute
your own application on Google Play or App Store. Commercial purpose (music only)
https://www.ah-soft.com/voiceroid/license/license.html

I'll be sticking to using Maki English AI and Emvoice Lucy, ye Godz :roll:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

MJACau wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:05 am
ZincT wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:52 pm Thanks @MJACau for the good news on Solaria. That's the vb I'm really looking forward to.
A little bit of sucky news on Solaria from the EULA

I'll be sticking to using Maki English AI and Emvoice Lucy, ye Godz :roll:
Oh boy that is bad news :(

Time for me to have a closer look at Maki AI.

Disappointing news about Solaria EULA, I was interested to buy this one, but this makes me pause.
They should be clearer about the licensing fees they mention.
It could mean anything, it could be a small fee or they could ask you thousands of dollars or a 50% percentage once you put it on Spotify.

Saki from Dreamtonics is full royalty free, right ?
With the 1.5 update, looks like you can get pretty good results in English.

Does anybody know the EULA for Qing Su & Cangqiong ?

MJACau wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:05 am While Ah-soft's Maki English AI is under the VOICEROID licence. What they consider commercial purpose is vastly different.
Selling audio-based songs, videos, games, and other audio works by mail order, etc.
Example) Distribute songs and audio works through services such as Toranoana, which sells mail orders for the same person. Commercial purpose (music only)
Selling audio-based songs, videos, games, and other audio works through distribution
Register audio-based songs, videos, games, and other audio works in the distribution service
your own application on Google Play or App Store. Commercial purpose (music only)
Maki started off as a VOICEROID voicebank, but VOICEROID is a completely separate product line from Synthesizer V--it's AHS's old TTS software and based on software not developed by Dreamtonics. The above applies to audio generated by only by VOICEROID.

Maki also has a new TTS bank powered by CeVIO AI, and the terms of use for audio from that are different as well.

Oh, SOLARIA :( These companies should just publish the full license on their websites.

ETA: Eclipsed Sounds has responded below with an updated, friendly EULA! SOLARIA is still :tu:
Last edited by Pelicanomicon on Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pelicanomicon wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:56 pm Oh, SOLARIA :( These companies should just publish the full license on their websites.
Yes. They are losing sales by trying to protect extra revenue. If they'd just openly share fixed rates or give up the percentage fees over a certain amount concept entirely, they'd do themselves a favor.

At this rate I'd rather just hire a vocalist to sing if I was writing something commercially viable than to deal with these companies and their vague licensing agreements.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey all! I'm part of the SOLARIA project but thought it was best to reply on a personal account - we had a KVR forum member bring this discussion to our attention and we realized that the EULA included in the voice database mistakenly included the profit threshold verbiage from an earlier draft! We're having the in-engine version of the EULA updated presently, and have added a page on the website with the updated full license text as well as a clear summary, our bad & sorry for the confusion!

https://www.eclipsedsounds.com/solaria-license (https://www.eclipsedsounds.com/solaria-license)

Thanks for clarifying!

While you're here, I signed up for the pre-order and just realised that the email you sent with the license details ended up in the spam (in gmail). Have been checking my mail every time my phone made a noise all day and it turned out it was there all along! :dog:

Ok, first impressions of Solaria:

It's great! I wrote a couple of songs over the last week with Synth V Pro and the free lite version of Tsurumaki Maki AI English. I dropped in SOLARIA and it sounds so much more realistic! Even without doing any detailed editing it doesn't sound anywhere near as synthetic, and ultimately I'd be happy to use SOLARIA for guide vocals for a human singer or put demos using SOLARIA on social media (in a way that I wouldn't be happy with more obviously synthesised voices). It looks like there's a lot more to explore with the detailed editing or randomisation of the performance - am looking forward to digging into it.

One thing I wasn't expecting was that the song really needed transposing a tone to get the best out of SOLARIA - I guess that makes sense given that the voice banks are based on real people with real voices! Time to explore other Synth V voices that would complement..

Pelicanomicon wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:56 pm
MJACau wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:05 am While Ah-soft's Maki English AI is under the VOICEROID licence. What they consider commercial purpose is vastly different.
Maki started off as a VOICEROID voicebank, but VOICEROID is a completely separate product line from Synthesizer V--it's AHS's old TTS software and based on software not developed by Dreamtonics. The above applies to audio generated by only by VOICEROID.

Maki also has a new TTS bank powered by CeVIO AI, and the terms of use for audio from that are different as well.
I have check my email from Ah-soft "I think" they said just refer to the Voiceroid licence in regards to Synthesizer V use. I'll ask again.
Oh, SOLARIA :( These companies should just publish the full license on their websites.
Yeah, I serious can't use it with that silly over reaching EULA, it's like Ibanez asking for royalties if I use the Shreddage 3 Hydra Kontakt libary. Greedy and dumb.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
MJACau wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:52 pm Yeah, I serious can't use it with that silly over reaching EULA, it's like Ibanez asking for royalties if I use the Shreddage 3 Hydra Kontakt libary. Greedy and dumb.
The EULA for SOLARIA was updated to remove the additional license request - it was in there by mistake from an earlier draft! The website now has an updated EULA with a clearly written summary free of legal jargon.

https://www.eclipsedsounds.com/solaria-license (https://www.eclipsedsounds.com/solaria-license)

(Apologies on my behalf & on behalf of the team for this oversight)

The EULA for SOLARIA was updated to remove the additional license request - it was in there by mistake from an earlier draft! The website now has an updated EULA with a clearly written summary free of legal jargon.

https://www.eclipsedsounds.com/solaria-license
Thanks Celestial, that's great news, demos are impressive :tu:

@celestrai and Eclipsed Sounds, thank you for fixing the EULA and for all the amazing work you put into SOLARIA!

If people have not checked Eclipsed Sounds' Twitter, here is a detailed thread about all the cool extras included with SOLARIA's digital release, like she's an action figure or something:
https://twitter.com/eclipsedsounds/stat ... 1342703617
Wondering what is currently included in the #SynthV_SOLARIA digital version distribution? Let's go through the package!

In the main folder, you'll see the installer, & also folders for
- Bonus Audio
- Bonus Images
- Dictionaries
- Example Files
- Scripts
One of the dictionaries helps SOLARIA sing in Spanish, using Japanese phonemes.

Return to “Instruments”